George Bush Senior dies at the age of 94

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lillywolf

Aug 29, 2018
I understand your point Sis. However, I apologized for my choice of the word hate. I think that I could have made the exact same point without saying or implying I "know" , with 100% certainty, what is in the hearts of others.
I'm not of such a nature I must confess. I look at this OP news report about the 41st president of the United States passing away. And he suffered greatly for many years prior. His family grieves, even his service dog attended the viewing at the Capitol Rotunda. And one can't help but feel for that poor pup having only been with GHWB for a little over 2 years as they try to fathom in their own way what happened to the person they were to serve and protect. And they do look sad as they sit there watching everyone pay their respects. As if they'll looking to see when George will take the leash.

So, a news report about a matter of fact. The 41st president is dead. Terribly sad. Deepest condolences. God have mercy, peace, lend his comfort to those who grieve as family and friends and as a nation. But no, that's not what comes to speak here. Something sinister creeps in and assails a dead man's former life, character, faith, and eternal destiny. I've lived a long time and I'll tell you, when I and others here felt compassion and sorrow, even if we didn't agree with his politics, that's the heart that speaks to the loss of a man those who knew him mourn today.
When what speaks of that stranger is wicked and insists on dumping on him more accusations, gossip, slander, defamation of his character and his faith, that is the heart of the person speaking those words that first come to mind in a thread the subject line of which informs them of its content. George Bush Senior died at the age of 94.

They could have chosen not to speak those vicious wicked attacks. But they did. And they defend them. And they even cry outrage when hateful remarks are called hateful. Because it is. A man is dead. LOVE , COMPASSION, does not call him names based on, as the creator of this thread admitted, are unsubstantiated . Are not 100% proven. Love, compassion, has never entered in from those who "spoke" those offenses repeatedly here. Not even when they were called out for it.

When someone tells you who they are believe them.
When someone tells you what they have inside when the first things that come out of their "mouth" is vicious gossip, slander, and defaming rumors directed toward the memory of a dead man, believe them. Even when they're not assaulting a dead man in a news thread. But elsewhere as they speak to Christians.

Jesus knew what he was talking about. Jesus testifies, “For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks” (Matthew 12:34)

That is far too long a reply for a thread I said I was done with. I simply want to get the point across that we do know the hearts of those who choose to enter in and deposit darkness and falsehoods in a memorial thread reporting of the death of a former president.
We know.
Especially when they defend themselves as being right in showing that here.
Imagine them at a funeral and saying what's posted throughout this thread aloud. Would we excuse we don't know their hearts when they're openly speaking whats in it then?

Because really, Net wise, in this thread, that's exactly what they're doing. Showing us how they behave when people gather together to discuss the passing of a Christian man.

Solemateleft

Honor, Courage, Commitment
Jun 25, 2017
break, break... back to the news:

At 95, Bob Dole stands up from wheelchair to salute fellow WWII hero George H.W. Bush

1543973116384.png
  • Former US Sen. Bob Dole, who's 95 years old, on Tuesday stood up from his wheelchair in the US Capitol Rotunda to salute the casket of former President George H.W. Bush.

• Like Bush, the former Republican senator is a war hero and served with distinction in World War II.

• The two men were also political rivals at various points during their long careers.

• Bush, the 41st president of the US, died at the age of 94 on November 30.
Former US Sen. Bob Dole, who's 95-years-old, on Tuesday stood up from his wheelchair in the US Capitol Rotunda to salute the casket of former President George H.W. Bush.

It was an emotional, powerful moment, particularly given the history the two men share.

Like Bush, the former Republican senator is a war hero and served with distinction in World War II. Dole salutes with his left hand because of injuries he sustained during the war that have impacted his mobility.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/95-bob-dole-stands-wheelchair-084254947.html

Solemateleft

Jun 25, 2017
The most powerful images from the nation's remembrance of President George HW Bush
https://www.businessinsider.com.au/...on-remembers-president-george-hw-bush-2018-12

Former President George H.W. Bush died last Friday at the age of 94.

Bush was widely respected for his lifelong dedication to public service and calm, quiet demeanour.

Over the course of his long, distinguished life, Bush served his country in an array of capacities. He was a war hero, US congressman, diplomat, CIA director, and vice president in the years before he ascended to the highest office in the land.

Here are some of the more striking images as the nation remembers its 41st president.

Former President George H.W. Bush died on November 30 at the age of 94.
Al Bello/Getty ImagesPresident George H.W. Bush arrives for the coin toss prior to Super Bowl 51 between the Atlanta Falcons and the New England Patriots at NRG Stadium on February 5, 2017 in Houston, Texas.

Jul 21, 2018
Redrum 187=Murder 187("187" is police radio code for Homicide)
Thank you for making my point so openly.
You have no idea. You don't know with 100% certainty. That was obvious. That's why what you do say qualifies as gossip, slander, and defamation of character.
You don't know what you've stated is true! That's why it is slander, gossip, and defamation of character.That is why we do know your heart when you post what you did above. Defending slander, gossip, defamation of character.
Jesus testifies, “For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks” (Matthew 12:34).

What we do know, and those of us who were around when George HW Bush was president, is that he was a Christian. As was his wife.
That's what we do know.

That's all I have to say in this thread. Sisters and brothers are blessed with discernment. Good hearts don't spread the lies that are slander, gossip, defamation of character. The hearts speak here.

If someone slandered a member on a forum, didn't know, just threw something wicked onto the boards about a member, likely they'd be reported. And banned. As they should be. Because it is unbecoming and wrong.

Jesus testifies, “For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks” (Matthew 12:34).
You're playing word games with what I'm saying I don't know with 100% certainty. I do know that Bush (and his son) were members of a Satanic fraternity. What I DON'T know is if he rebuked Satan and accepted Christ as his personal Savior. I've said this from the VERY beginning. We all hope he accepted Christ; No one has doomed or cast him down to hell (we can't).

I've already addressed Bush claiming to be a Christian. Ironically, in one of Soulmate's many posts praising Bush (please check post #40 in this thread), he posted a story called "When George H. W. Bush played the religion card ". Adolf Hitler did this exact thing. He wasn't a Christian but would claim to be as it was essential to gain favor with the people. Similarly, politicians do this today.

It's not "slander" or "gossip" to make factual statements about his affiliations. Maybe you don't like that he joined a Satanic secret society... I don't either. This still doesn't make it lying or slander.

slan·der
/ˈslandər/

1.) the action or crime of making a false spoken statement damaging to a person's reputation.

If I made a false claim, please succinctly state it. I promise to address it. If you want to go about saying it's "slander", the burden of proof lies on you. I've already backed up my claims with sources and would be willing to provide more upon request.

Your "discernment" is not proof you know my heart, but rather it's proof you'll claim spiritual gifts to try to one up your brother in Christ on a news forum. It's rather disgusting honestly.

preacher4truth

Dec 28, 2016
You're playing word games with what I'm saying I don't know with 100% certainty. I do know that Bush (and his son) were members of a Satanic fraternity. What I DON'T know is if he rebuked Satan and accepted Christ as his personal Savior. I've said this from the VERY beginning. We all hope he accepted Christ; No one has doomed or cast him down to hell (we can't).

I've already addressed Bush claiming to be a Christian. Ironically, in one of Soulmate's many posts praising Bush (please check post #40 in this thread), he posted a story called "When George H. W. Bush played the religion card ". Adolf Hitler did this exact thing. He wasn't a Christian but would claim to be as it was essential to gain favor with the people. Similarly, politicians do this today.

It's not "slander" or "gossip" to make factual statements about his affiliations. Maybe you don't like that he joined a Satanic secret society... I don't either. This still doesn't make it lying or slander.

slan·der
/ˈslandər/

1.) the action or crime of making a false spoken statement damaging to a person's reputation.

If I made a false claim, please succinctly state it. I promise to address it. If you want to go about saying it's "slander", the burden of proof lies on you. I've already backed up my claims with sources and would be willing to provide more upon request.

Your "discernment" is not proof you know my heart, but rather it's proof you'll claim spiritual gifts to try to one up your brother in Christ on a news forum. It's rather disgusting honestly.
I looked into this Bonesman thing but didn't come up with the satanism piece. What info and documentation do you have bro?

Jul 21, 2018
I looked into this Bonesman thing but didn't come up with the satanism piece. What info and documentation do you have bro?
There are several people (journalists?) who have hidden recordings of their rituals and and honoring of pagan gods. I'm not sure I'm allowed to post them, but if given permission, I'll do it.

preacher4truth

Dec 28, 2016
There are several people (journalists?) who have hidden recordings of their rituals and and honoring of pagan gods. I'm not sure I'm allowed to post them, but if given permission, I'll do it.
You can provide links and people can listen at their discretion.

Solemateleft

Jun 25, 2017
Brother,
I do respect your persistent diligence and your right to your opinion and your beliefs (I and President GHW Bush served our country and fought in wars to allow you that right - of free speech)... I just ask with all do respect that you consider that there is a time and a place for everything... Today, tomorrow, and maybe even the next day are too soon - especially on this ...
This has never been about my opinion nor anyone else's for that matter... His day of reckoning is and always has been between him and our Lord...
Let's lay this man to rest - with the honor and dignity that the rest of our country and world leaders are doing...
If after we have grieved and paid tribute - you desire to engage in an honorable and respectful exchange of information - I will respect you as a man of honor and integrity all the more...
Even during the Civil War - soldiers from the North and South called truces to allow their men to get water at the river... I just want to quench my thirst with memories of my Commander In Chief in as honorable and dignified way as possible...

I PRAY THAT YOU WILL MAKE THE HONORABLE CHOICE...

God Bless

Solemateleft

Jun 25, 2017
George H.W. Bush and his 'SNL' impersonator Dana Carvey: 3 funny sketches to watch
https://www.foxnews.com/entertainme...r-dana-carvey-3-funny-sketches-to-watch.print

Comedian Dana Carvey may have poked fun at former George H.W. Bush during his presidency nearly 30 years ago, but that didn’t stop the former "Saturday Night Live" star and the 41st president from having a decades-long friendship.

“Dana has given me a lot of laughs,” Bush said at a December 1992 holiday party that Carvey attended after the 41st president lost the presidency to Bill Clinton, according to The Washington Post. “And the fact that we can laugh at each other is a very fundamental thing."

In fact, there was at least one moment where Bush took a line from Carvey's impression of him.

"Wouldn't be prudent, wouldn't be prudent at this juncture," Carvey, during his impersonation of the president at the holiday party, says. Bush later borrowed the line during a public appearance.

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017
I just watched 60 minutes where they mention he was a member of the Bones club - looks to me like it's one of those things you do at college to fit in some where - Frat stuff.

Is there any evidence of sinister stuff, and that he was a life long member?

Solemateleft

Jun 25, 2017
I just watched 60 minutes where they mention he was a member of the Bones club - looks to me like it's one of those things you do at college to fit in some where - Frat stuff.
Is there any evidence of sinister stuff, and that he was a life long member?
The timeline is significant... He went to college after a near death experience - being shot down on a combat mission - where his two crewmen died... He is on record for having gone thru a phase of self reflection - asking why/what did God save him for?

Solemateleft

Jun 25, 2017
At farewell to Bush, a yearning for decency, moderation and compromise
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...60ce2a8148f_story.html?utm_term=.5eae4944b7e4
They stood before his casket as directors of the Central Intelligence Agency, which he had led, and as members of Congress and diplomats, which he had been, too. They came to attention as World War II veterans, including former senator Bob Dole, who rose from his wheelchair, jaw quivering, to deliver a quick, crisp salute. Mostly, they offered a final farewell to George Herbert Walker Bush as fellow Americans, eager to honor decency, moderation and a commitment to making things work, all of which he embodied.

The Capitol Rotunda was open to all Tuesday, and they came in a manner befitting the 41st president — not in huge numbers, but steadily; with grace and seriousness of purpose; with nothing disparaging to say, but with a recaptured sense that, even now, we’re all in this together.

Bush was not a man who engendered powerful passions from supporters or opponents. Yet there were tears on this day, and voices that cracked, and hearts that yearned for a time when politics was perhaps less a blood sport and more a means of finding solutions.

Solemateleft

Jun 25, 2017
Crowds honor H.W. Bush for long service, from war to White House
https://www.timesfreepress.com/news...e-salutes-former-president-bush-video/484290/

WASHINGTON (AP) — Soldiers, citizens in wheelchairs and long lines of others on foot wound through the hushed Capitol Rotunda on Tuesday to view George H.W. Bush's casket and remember a president whose legacy included World War military service and a landmark law affirming the rights of the disabled.

As at notable moments in his life, Bush brought together Republicans and Democrats in his death, and not only the VIPs.

Members of the public who never voted for the man waited in the same long lines as the rest, attesting that Bush possessed the dignity and grace that deserved to be remembered by their presence on a cold overcast day in the capital.

"I'm just here to pay my respects," said Jane Hernandez, a retired physician in the heavily Democratic city and suburbs. "I wasn't the biggest fan of his presidency, but all in all he was a good sincere guy doing a really hard job as best he could."

Solemateleft

Jun 25, 2017
Last salute: A guide to George HW Bush's funeral
https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/last-salute-guide-george-hw-052028681.html

THE SCHEDULE

Bush's casket and the family will arrive at the cathedral just before 11 a.m. EST Wednesday, when the service is expected to begin. Bush had been lying in state in the U.S. Capitol rotunda since Monday, with a river of mourners passing through around the clock. The viewing came to a close at 7 a.m. Wednesday.

___

HOW TO WATCH

The service is closed to the public, but will be aired live on C-SPAN and covered by major television networks.

___

WHO WILL SPEAK

Four men are expected to deliver eulogies. The late president's son George W. Bush, also a former president; former Canadian Prime Minister Brian Mulroney, who held the post while the elder Bush was president; former Sen. Alan Simpson, R-Wyo., who has known the Bush family since the 1960s; and historian Jon Meacham, who wrote a Bush biography.

___

WHO WILL BE THERE

All eyes will be on the row directly in front of the pulpit. That's where President Donald Trump and his wife, Melania, are expected to sit, along with the remaining former presidents and their families: George W. Bush, Jimmy Carter, Barack Obama, Bill Clinton and his wife — Trump's 2016 Democratic rival, Hillary Clinton. Trump has had strained relations (at best) with all of them. But since Bush's death, Trump has extended traditional courtesies to the Bush family, including allowing them to stay at the presidential guest house and visiting with them there.

Also attending: Britain's Prince Charles, the king and queen of Jordan, Polish President Andrzej Duda and other dignitaries from around the world. Look, too, for some of the graybeards from the late president's administration.

___

HOVERING

Look for much discussion of Bush's legacy of decency, humor and a determination to avoid referring to himself with the pronoun "I." That last habit alone, instilled in Bush by his mother, sets up a contrast with Trump that no one has to mention out loud. Likely, no one will, in keeping with the Bush family's reported wish that the nation mourn their patriarch without the drama of such distractions.

But Meacham wrote an op-ed for The New York Times this week about Bush that ended with a hard-to-mistake reference.

"The nation mourns him not least because we no longer have a president who knows that the story of the nation is not all about him," Meacham wrote.

___

BUSH AND THE CATHEDRAL

The late president played an important role in the history of the cathedral chartered by Congress in 1893.

On Sept. 29, 1907, President Theodore Roosevelt laid the foundation stone. Exactly 83 years later, Bush was there when the final stone was laid in place.

Bush said at the time: "We have constructed here this symbol of our nation's spiritual life, overlooking the center of our nation's secular life, a symbol which combines the permanence of stone and God — both of which will outlast men and memories."

Bush is the fourth president to have his state funeral at the site, according to the cathedral. The others were Dwight D. Eisenhower, Ronald Reagan and Gerald Ford. Seven other presidents had memorial services there.

___

A BIT ABOUT STATE FUNERALS

For U.S. presidents, there's a whole list of customs, protocols and military honors that influence a national farewell, but much of the affair is subject to the family's wishes. The president's survivors are entitled to a military escort for the immediate family, for example, until the remains are buried. A nine-person team that carries the casket is another option. And a flag-draped casket is an honor afforded military veterans and the president as commander in chief.

Bush was a veteran of World War II.

Solemateleft

Jun 25, 2017
'Devastated' George W. Bush Is Working on Not 'Breaking Down' During Father's Eulogy
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/apos-devastated-apos-george-w-005258269.html

1544018754462.png
After his father George H.W. Bush‘s death last Friday, the 43rd president is scheduled to eulogize the 41st president on Wednesday at the Washington National Cathedral. Ahead of the funeral, former first daughters Jenna Bush Hager and Barbara Bush revealed that their father has been practicing his heartfelt encomium.

“How can you tell a man as giant as our grandpa was, how much you love him? It’s a tall order… and I think it’s going to be difficult … I think there’s a lot of pressure for him to get it just right,” Jenna said in a sneak peek of her interview with NBC News’ Today show co-host Savannah Guthrie which will air on Wednesday.

Solemateleft

Jun 25, 2017
‘Unbelievable’: Line outside US Capitol to pay respects to George H.W. Bush is truly ‘amazing’ [video, photos]https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2018...e-h-w-bush-is-truly-amazing-video-photos/Even though it was approaching midnight on the east coast, the line outside the U.S. Capitol to pay respects to former President George W. Bush in the Capitol Rotunda kept on getting longer and longer, according to those on the scene:
View image on Twitter

Luke Russert

@LukeRussert

This just warms my heart-35 degrees in DC and the line to pay respects to President Bush 41 is over 3.5 hours long per security. It keeps growing. This is America.

11:12 PM - Dec 4, 2018

687 people are talking about this

Twitter Ads info and privacy

The line to pay respects to George H.W. Bush goes for several blocks despite it being freezing cold outside.

Tom Roussey

@tomrousseyABC7

The lines outside the Capitol are unbelievable right now. It’s about 36° and folks are waiting 3 1/2 hours to honor President George H. W. Bush as he lies in state.
Benny Johnson has a sped-up video that really gives you an idea of how massive the line is:

The line to pay honor to George H.W. Bush. I started at the end. It’s freezing out. It’s late. Yet it took me nearly 15 minutes to film the full line that stretches the full length of the Capitol & back 7 (!) times. I sped the video up x10 speed He was beloved Please share

https://twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/1070158762021974016?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1070164878730674181&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Ftwitchy.com%2Fdougp-3137%2F2018%2F12%2F05%2Funbelievable-line-outside-us-capitol-to-pay-respects-to-george-h-w-bush-is-truly-amazing-video-photos%2F

Solemateleft

Jun 25, 2017
‘Unbelievable’: Line outside US Capitol to pay respects to George H.W. Bush is truly ‘amazing’ [video, photos]https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2018...e-h-w-bush-is-truly-amazing-video-photos/Even though it was approaching midnight on the east coast, the line outside the U.S. Capitol to pay respects to former President George W. Bush in the Capitol Rotunda kept on getting longer and longer, according to those on the scene:
View image on Twitter

This just warms my heart-35 degrees in DC and the line to pay respects to President Bush 41 is over 3.5 hours long per security. It keeps growing. This is America.
687 people are talking about this
Twitter Ads info and privacy

The line to pay respects to George H.W. Bush goes for several blocks despite it being freezing cold outside.​

The lines outside the Capitol are unbelievable right now. It’s about 36° and folks are waiting 3 1/2 hours to honor President George H. W. Bush as he lies in state.​
Benny Johnson has a sped-up video that really gives you an idea of how massive the line is:​
The line to pay honor to George H.W. Bush. I started at the end. It’s freezing out. It’s late. Yet it took me nearly 15 minutes to film the full line that stretches the full length of the Capitol & back 7 (!) times. I sped the video up x10 speed He was beloved Please share
‘Unbelievable’: Line outside US Capitol to pay respects to George H.W. Bush is truly ‘amazing’ [video, photos]
fixed link:
https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2018...eorge-h-w-bush-is-truly-amazing-video-photos/