get off your butt

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 11, 2009
Peace be to you
How long has it bin since you visited Jesus,How long has it bin since you visited your father in heaven.Its time to get off your butt and Go visit them.Where do you go to find them?

math 25;
When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

M

mcubed

I think this is a great topic… but those that do what Yeshua commanded and take care of the poor, the hurting, and so on do as He also commanded and do not let the “right hand let the left hand know what it is doing…. So if one holds true to the Scripture they do not talk about it because it is between them and G-d…. I often wonder about those who tell me about it!?! What is your opinion … just to make this fun…..

G

giantone

I think this is a great topic… but those that do what Yeshua commanded and take care of the poor, the hurting, and so on do as He also commanded and do not let the “right hand let the left hand know what it is doing…. So if one holds true to the Scripture they do not talk about it because it is between them and G-d…. I often wonder about those who tell me about it!?! What is your opinion … just to make this fun…..
Mostly we are to not go parading our good works, but I've found on a few occasions if not motivated by pride or recognition, saying a word or two about doing good things can motivate others and be an example for them to follow. As well as knocking some prideful people off there high horses. It's better to make sure your motives are right if you do tell any of the good things you do, God will know. If God can trust you with your words, He will give you His words as well. And if He can't trust you, well forget it.

T

Tinker

That's a great topic. Most people need to do that

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
A good reminder wisdom.
It would be a good work inJesus if we can learn this so well that it is not something we have to do, but in Jesus, an action that comes and is done as like breathing. That we would do in Jesus so well that it is Him doing these things Himself though us.
And we dont even consider it a visit or effort.
What a great gift that we should be as Jesus has called us to be in every way!
God bless, pickles

M

mcubed

Mostly we are to not go parading our good works, but I've found on a few occasions if not motivated by pride or recognition, saying a word or two about doing good things can motivate others and be an example for them to follow. As well as knocking some prideful people off there high horses. It's better to make sure your motives are right if you do tell any of the good things you do, God will know. If God can trust you with your words, He will give you His words as well. And if He can't trust you, well forget it.
I think you make a great and valid point... There are times Yeshua will lead us to speak from our personal testimony.... and I suppose the bottom line is if we "tell" for human glory than that is all the "glory" we will receive.... yet if it is of the Ruach Hakkodesh (Holy Spirit) they we will receive G-d's blessing still.

I

Israel

Peace be to you
How long has it bin since you visited Jesus,How long has it bin since you visited your father in heaven.Its time to get off your butt and Go visit them.Where do you go to find them?

math 25;
When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

This is the example that ALL of us need to follow across all religions! Not just in helping the poor physically as Jesus stated that we will always have the poor, but in clothing the poor and naked with truth and righteousness!

May 21, 2009
He said there would be always be poor because he knew there would always be people who make up excuse to not help.

S

Slepsog4

Loveschild,

How do you get that? Seems to me that I have seen lots of folks who are poor because they are lazy. Others are ignorant of how to improve themselves. Some were simply born in a third world country.

What do you propose to correct this situation.

C

charisenexcelcis

Loveschild,

How do you get that? Seems to me that I have seen lots of folks who are poor because they are lazy. Others are ignorant of how to improve themselves. Some were simply born in a third world country.

What do you propose to correct this situation.
You leave the gleanings. Sometimes, you leave handfulls on purpose.

T

TylerM

I agree with not going around telling people what we've done. It seems like when people boast that they're simply doing it for the image. But the only thing worth boasting about is that we have Jesus in our lives. Whatever we do to give him praise, whether that be helping the poor or visiting the lonely or fasting, etc., that should be between us and Jesus.