GIANTS IN THE BIBLE? (Genesis 6:1-4)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

RachelBibleStudent

really what order is it in?
revelation consists of several mostly independent 'episodes' that the apostle john witnessed during his vision...

events within a single 'episode' are generally in chronological order...but successive 'episodes' tend to overlap or even coincide chronologically...so that you cannot just make a list of events in revelation as they appear and assume that your list corresponds to the actual unfolding of the events in time...

R

richyrich

READ THIS, FORM GENSIS 6:3. WHAT KEY WORD DO U SEE?

R

RachelBibleStudent

no lie give me one bible verse that says, "satan was cast out a long time ago" it says angels are bound in hell for sinning against god and man. but if Satan was bound in hell, than i ask you how is he able to speak to job and tempt Jesus? no lies here just truth, sorry, it doesn't fit your belief system, guess you have to change your beliefs to what the Bible says, like I did.

after all, i once believed as you had, that is what allows me to know the lies ive found that were created by the RCC and the Masons. Otherwise why would I have written to correct it?
luke 10:18..."And He said to them, 'I was watching Satan fall from heaven like lightning.'"

and about what it specifically means for satan to be bound...according to revelation 20:3 it was 'so that he would not deceive the nations any longer, until the thousand years were completed'...nothing is said about satan losing his ability to tempt individuals...

Mar 5, 2013
DID YOU KNOW WE USED TO SHARE A PERCENTAGE OF OUR DNA WITH ANGELS?

The Bible says in Genesis 6:2 that Angels "sons of God" combined their genetics by reproducing with them naturally. So really we hold a close enough DNA to an type of Angel that we can reproduce with them.

This is the reason for the Mutant Giant Goliath of Gath.

LORD God said that he was sorry he made man. And that the flesh of the gods cannot remain in man for forever for he is "flesh" mortal.
Therefore his days shall be 120 years. Genesis 6:3

The sons of God were fallen angels, they were the angels that are bound in hell in chains for sinning against God and Man.

II Peter 2:4-5
Explains about the when they sinned.
Jude 1:6
says the angels (sons of God) left heaven to come here, and that they are the fallen angels

THIS IS NOT THE GODLY LINE OF SETH they were angels.

I know this may seem odd. "sons of God" in the old testament always means angels.
In the New Testament they usually use the word angel. and the sons of God are the followers of Jesus Christ.

The offspring of the Angel and Human relations were know at first as the Nephelim, Later in the Generations their peoples were known as the Anakites, and Raphaim.

These are all the verses which I am aware of that speak of the offspring, mutants.

Numbers 13:21-24 ( Giant Grapes from a Giants Garden )
Numbers 13:31-33 ( The Giants are said to Eat People )
Deuteronomy 2:10-12 ; 2:20-23 ( The LORD and the Israel are hunting down the giants and killing them )
Deuteronomy 3:11 ( A Giant Kings bed size is given )
I Chronicles 20:5-8 ( the brother of Goliath )
I Samuel 17:4-7, 23 ( the size and weight of Goliath's armor )
II Samuel 21:15-22 ( a large man with 24 digits )
Joshua 11:21-22 ; 14:12-15 ( Anakites are the descendants of the Nephilim )

WOW DNA IS FUN.

Did you know that only a portion of our DNA is Fully Human DNA. some of it is what they call "Garbage or Waste" DNA information.
This may be because of our relations with Angels.

R

RachelBibleStudent

yes thats right. and thats why moses was killing off the remainder of the Giants after the flood, cause God wanted them GONE. they were an abomination to Him

If they were an abomination to him, that means he didn't create them, they were the product of the angel and Man reproduction in the days just before the flood of Noah.
the bible specifically indicates that what was so abominable about the peoples of canaan that israel wiped out was their wickedness...not their genetics...

the flood wiped out everything that breathed...there was no 'remainder of the giants' that survived the flood...the post flood nephilim had no relation to the pre flood nephilim...nephilim is not an ethnicity...

and for that matter if the flood was primarily intended to purge the gene pool as you claimed earlier...then God failed completely...

R

richyrich

THE KEY WORD IN THAT SCRIPTURE SIR, WAS SPIRIT. THATS NICE HOW U SKIPPED OVR THAT

Elizabeth619

Jul 19, 2011
i am not totally sure...i have always taken it to mean that he has lost his power to deceive entire nations wholesale...
This is something that has stumped me lately. You know the whole 1000 year reign threads that are constantly active here. I am trying to understand more why people take this literally(you know I look at the 1000 as symbolic)

Satan is bound. I agree. The passage immediately tells us what he is bound from which is decieving the nations.

At the same time I am not convinced he is literally held prisoner with no power at all. It could just mean restricted.

Rev 20:10 says Satan is an accuser of the brethren. He is an accuser of the law. We are not bound by the law. Christs death is the reason we are no longer bound.

"And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it"

Satan was defeated here because of Jesus coming into the world, and died. He could no longer accuse us of this. He couldn't use the governments to accuse us either(decieving nations).

I am having a hard time explaining all of this. I am getting tired, but I am just trying to say that I can see where Satan could be "bound" already. Where his powers are limited, and cannot use us like he once did.

Mar 5, 2013
angels most likely don't even have DNA or actual physical bodies...so 'mating' with an angel would really be more like trying to mate with air...
well if the sons of God are angels than in this instance in Genesis, angels did Procreate with Man.

Gen 6:1 KJV - And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,
Gen 6:2 KJV - That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they [were] fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.
Gen 6:3 KJV - And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also [is] flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.
Gen 6:4 KJV - There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare [children] to them, the same [became] mighty men which [were] of old, men of renown.

WHAT DOES THIS SAY?

May the Bible have the last word!

Praise Jah for God is worthy Of PRAISE!

T

Tintin

I think it's possible but the Nephilim would've been wiped out by the Flood.

R

RachelBibleStudent

DID YOU KNOW WE USED TO SHARE A PERCENTAGE OF OUR DNA WITH ANGELS?

The Bible says in Genesis 6:2 that Angels "sons of God" combined their genetics by reproducing with them naturally. So really we hold a close enough DNA to an type of Angel that we can reproduce with them.

This is the reason for the Mutant Giant Goliath of Gath.

LORD God said that he was sorry he made man. And that the flesh of the gods cannot remain in man for forever for he is "flesh" mortal.
Therefore his days shall be 120 years. Genesis 6:3

The sons of God were fallen angels, they were the angels that are bound in hell in chains for sinning against God and Man.

II Peter 2:4-5
Explains about the when they sinned.
Jude 1:6
says the angels (sons of God) left heaven to come here, and that they are the fallen angels

THIS IS NOT THE GODLY LINE OF SETH they were angels.

I know this may seem odd. "sons of God" in the old testament always means angels.
In the New Testament they usually use the word angel. and the sons of God are the followers of Jesus Christ.

The offspring of the Angel and Human relations were know at first as the Nephelim, Later in the Generations their peoples were known as the Anakites, and Raphaim.

These are all the verses which I am aware of that speak of the offspring, mutants.

Numbers 13:21-24 ( Giant Grapes from a Giants Garden )
Numbers 13:31-33 ( The Giants are said to Eat People )
Deuteronomy 2:10-12 ; 2:20-23 ( The LORD and the Israel are hunting down the giants and killing them )
Deuteronomy 3:11 ( A Giant Kings bed size is given )
I Chronicles 20:5-8 ( the brother of Goliath )
I Samuel 17:4-7, 23 ( the size and weight of Goliath's armor )
II Samuel 21:15-22 ( a large man with 24 digits )
Joshua 11:21-22 ; 14:12-15 ( Anakites are the descendants of the Nephilim )

WOW DNA IS FUN.

Did you know that only a portion of our DNA is Fully Human DNA. some of it is what they call "Garbage or Waste" DNA information.
This may be because of our relations with Angels.
clearly you don't understand biblical genetics...the bible says that God's creatures reproduce only after their kinds... angels are not capable of reproducing with humans...otherwise they would both be members of the 'human' kind...the angels would be -humans- instead of angels...

so no angels and humans do not share compatible DNA...

in genesis 6:3 God said that his -spirit- would not contend with humans any more...it says nothing about the 'flesh of the gods'...you are -changing- the words of scripture to fit your von daniken style theory...

the first appearances of the concept of God having 'sons' in the old testament refer to God's people...not to angels...see exodus 4:22 'Israel is My son, My firstborn' and deuteronomy 32:19 'the provocation of His sons and daughters'

also see numbers 21:29 and jeremiah 48:46 where the worshippers of the pagan god chemosh are called his 'sons'...and idolaters in general are called 'children of belial' in the original hebrew of deuteronomy 13:13

so even in the old testament to be a son of God just meant to be a follower of the God of israel...and to follow an idol meant that you could be called a child of that false god...

anyway even if the phrase 'sons of God' refers to angels in some places in the old testament...a -fallen- angel could not be a son of God...because they were no longer part of God's 'family'

like i said already...the bible does not actually say that the nephilim were the children produced by the marriages between the sons of God and daughters of men...the bible only says that they were on earth when this was happening...

the anakites and rephaites have known canaanite lineages in the bible...there is nothing in those lineages to suggest that they had anything to do with angels...

numbers 13:23 does not actually say that the grapes were giant...it says that the cluster of grapes took two men to carry it...instead of the grapes themselves being giant it could have been that there were hundreds or thousands of normal sized grapes in the cluster...

numbers 13:32 does not say that the inhabitants of the land ate people...instead it says that the -land- is 'a land that devours its inhabitants'

incidentally the idea of giants eating people is pagan in origin...see for example the story of cronus the titan devouring his sons...

deuteronomy 2:10-12 and deuteronomy 2:20-23 just indicate that most of the rephaites and other ancient inhabitants were wiped out by the peoples that lived in the land in moses' time... it does not tell why God chose to have them destroyed...certainly it does not say that their destruction had anything to do with their genetics... furthermore one of the peoples mentioned wound up in the edomite gene pool...so again we have a failure on God's part to eradicate the 'nephilim DNA' if you subscribe to that nonsense...

deuteronomy 3:11 mentions the size of og's 'bed'...the hebrew more likely means 'sarcophagus' actually... it does not give og's height...and we know that kings often had both beds and sarcophagi that were disproportionately large... it was a status thing...not necessarily related to the height of the king...

1 chronicles 20:5-8 and 1 samuel 17:4-7 just show that both goliath and his brother were giants...there is nothing here that says they had anything nonhuman in their DNA...

the condition described in 2 samuel 21:15-22 is called 'polydactyly'...it occurs in otherwise ordinary humans...and it is often the result of inbreeding...

joshua does not say anything about the nephilim...the connection between the nephilim and anakites is established in numbers 13:33...which by the way does not say that the anakites were descendants of the nephilim...it only says that they were 'of the nephilim'...which is a biblical construction that often does -not- imply any sort of genetic relation...

the non coding 'junk DNA' we have is human...and more and more of it is being found to have a regulatory function and to -not- be junk... it has a created purpose and it was not inserted from illicit interbreeding with nonhumans...

and once again i note that your theory implies that God -failed- to eradicate the nephilim even after two tries...by flood and by proxy in the several semitic invasions...

my God is not that incompetent...

K

kenisyes

J

JLHillsSr

Except wouldnt all these nephilim have died during the flood? I dont think they are ever mentioned in the bible again, thus leading me to believe they were wiped out then which means goliath was just freakishly tall and not half angel...
Exd 14:4 KJV - And I will harden Pharaoh's heart, that he shall follow after them; and I will be honoured upon Pharaoh, and upon all his host; that the Egyptians may know that I [am] the LORD. And they did so.

These hosts are the demon spirits of the Nephilim destroyed during the flood.

Exd 14:17 KJV - And I, behold, I will harden the hearts of the Egyptians, and they shall follow them: and I will get me honour upon Pharaoh, and upon all his host, upon his chariots, and upon his horsemen.

God is showing his power over these hosts.

Exd 14:24 KJV - And it came to pass, that in the morning watch the LORD looked unto the hostof the Egyptians through the pillar of fire and of the cloud, and troubled the host of the Egyptians,
Exd 14:25 KJV - And took off their chariot wheels, that they drave them heavily: so that the Egyptians said, Let us flee from the face of Israel; for the LORD fighteth for them against the Egyptians.

What happens here? When the hosts became troubled, the Egyptians could see that God was with Israel.

Exd 14:28 KJV - And the waters returned, and covered the chariots, and the horsemen, [and] all the host of Pharaoh that came into the sea after them; there remained not so much as one of them.

Just a little tidbit here:

Exd 15:8 KJV - And with the blast of thy nostrils the waters were gathered together, the floods stood upright as an heap, [and] the depths were congealed in the heart of the sea.

The waters were frozen.

J

JLHillsSr

Ok, I am not going to read all the OP typed. Way too long... can someone just tell me if this is a thread about angels and humans having relations and the offspring was the nephilum?
yes they are.

J

JLHillsSr

nobody said satan is trapped in hell...though it might be interesting to hear you try to explain why you think you know he is not...

there is no angel called 'azazel' in the bible...you got that from some other literature...

and none of the passages listed in the link you provided say anything that would associate mount hermon with fallen angels or nephilim...
Satan will be cast down. He isn't yet.

Isa 14:15 KJV - Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

R

RachelBibleStudent

Exd 14:4 KJV - And I will harden Pharaoh's heart, that he shall follow after them; and I will be honoured upon Pharaoh, and upon all his host; that the Egyptians may know that I [am] the LORD. And they did so.

These hosts are the demon spirits of the Nephilim destroyed during the flood.

Exd 14:17 KJV - And I, behold, I will harden the hearts of the Egyptians, and they shall follow them: and I will get me honour upon Pharaoh, and upon all his host, upon his chariots, and upon his horsemen.

God is showing his power over these hosts.

Exd 14:24 KJV - And it came to pass, that in the morning watch the LORD looked unto the hostof the Egyptians through the pillar of fire and of the cloud, and troubled the host of the Egyptians,
Exd 14:25 KJV - And took off their chariot wheels, that they drave them heavily: so that the Egyptians said, Let us flee from the face of Israel; for the LORD fighteth for them against the Egyptians.

What happens here? When the hosts became troubled, the Egyptians could see that God was with Israel.
'hosts' are armies...there is nothing necessarily spiritual or demonic about them...