Give to others

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Aug 8, 2017
I know that helping people it is the right thing to do, but should you live your life just working hard to do for others when they won't even do for themselves. it's like when is enough, enough.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
I know that helping people it is the right thing to do, but should you live your life just working hard to do for others when they won't even do for themselves. it's like when is enough, enough.
Well isn't that what the Lord Jesus Christ did for you and me and the whole world? He came not be be ministered unto but to minister and give His life a ransom for all, and we are to walk as He walked. So enough of your whining, and get back to doing for others what they will never appreciate or thank you for.

Jun 20, 2017
Keep christ should be beyond christ Mas.

Question

Why did god make Moses take off his sandals & the priest too?

I do know of the washing of the feet but I do not know the connection between the priest taking off his shoe & Moses taking off his sandals to face god?

E

Ellsworth1943

The Scripture tells us that those who will not work should not eat.
SO----Sometimes we do more harm than good when we give. Sometimes enough is to much.
We must look at the situation and pray we do the right thing.

Dec 12, 2013
My view.....right or wrong...biblical Christianity is putting everyone else first and yourself last.....in a nutshell

Aug 8, 2017
yea you guys r right thanks for u thoughts.

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017
I don't believe we are required to "work" ourselves into an early grave helping others.

Mark 14:7 “For you always have the poor with you, and whenever you wish you can do good to them; but you do not always have Me.

Feb 28, 2016
for us, hub and myself, Christ has taught us to 'give' when and where The Holy Spirit
directs, and not out of guilt or emotion...it's truly been a very long and hard
Spiritual lesson of obedience...

phil36

Feb 12, 2009
We need to be careful we don't fall for the rich man talk..that all unemployed are scroungers.. that's basically what is said and is being said. (although there examples of that).

or people are poor because it is their own fault..their lazy.. This comes from rightwing elitism and is blindly followed by the wanna bee's who never will be but need someone to blame...because...lets face they are not rich and its not because they are lazy?????? Only other people are poor and lazy and scroungers!!!!!

I like DC's answer:

My view.....right or wrong...biblical Christianity is putting everyone else first and yourself last.....in a nutshell
P.S Remember the money and or time you have is a gift in itself, but you also need to be good steward

Last edited:

mcubed

Dec 20, 2013

Tell G-d that and see what He says.... and then get over yourself. Lets see sextrafficking, sexual and physically abused children that a word of the state, martyrs for Messiah that die daily in the Middle East and China. Stand before G-d and explain why you have an ATTITUDE!!!!

Aug 8, 2017
Tell G-d that and see what He says.... and then get over yourself. Lets see sextrafficking, sexual and physically abused children that a word of the state, martyrs for Messiah that die daily in the Middle East and China. Stand before G-d and explain why you have an ATTITUDE!!!!
You say i have a attitude, isn't that the pot calling the kettle black....

Aug 8, 2017
in no way was I comparing anything to the things u mentioned. when I started this thread maybe I seemed a little Insensitive but I quickly backed down. I was upset because my brother is an addict and my parents continue to put me in a position where I have to "help him".
i moved out of the city we lived in cause I have 2 children and I didn't want them around the people he seems to draw towards him. I've given him money I worked hard for to rent motels when he didn't gave anywhere to sleep I give him food when ever i do see him cause I do care and I don't want him to be cold or hungry but money is tight right now, I'm a single mom and since I don't have money they are pressuring me to let him stay at my place. anyways like I said I know we need to help others and once I read peoples reply I quickly backed down.

Last edited:

inlow

Jun 17, 2017
The answer is no. You should not live your life working hard for others when they will not do for themselves.

Johnny_B

Mar 18, 2017

It seem as though Matthew 20:28 and Mark 10:45 is the subject here and it is being tanken out of context.

Matthew 20:20-28 with 20-23 was about the the sons of Zebedee's mom coming to Jesus asking if her son could be the top dawg's along side Jesus. Jesus asked if they could drink the cup He was gooing to drink and of course they said, yes. Jesus replied that they would indeed drink but it was not His to give them that position. Matthew 20:24-28 the other 10 disciples heard this and were upset with the two brothers. Jesus explained how the Gentiles rules and had their leaders lord over their followers and it would not be so with their leadership, bt that the one the would be thier leader would be thier servant. Then He said He did not come to be served but to serve and give Himself a ransom for many the Greek word "
πολὑς" what I find interesting is BAGD has I Timothy 2:6 using the same word, but in I Timothy 2:6 it is translated "all" in most translations.

Just like He came to be a ransom for many, His leadership standard would be for the many, not all men.