God and Pancreatic Cancer

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 12, 2013
Just a side note on pancreatic cancer.....

I watched an interview with Patrick Swayze who got and died from pancreatic cancer.....he was a Buddist and was terrified of death........when I seen this I so wanted to witness to him and attempted to get his email and witness to him about Jesus and tell him he did not need to fear death......not sure if he ever came to know the Lord.....but I heard he went out hard and his wife treated him very bad as he was going out....tragic.........!

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
That isn't an interpretation , or else you would know how to give good gifts to your children, do you?

If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?Luke 11:13

Heck if my father was satan then I wouldn't believe it either. ;)
You have a real penchant for calling people blasphemers, lost, and children of Satan.
Might be time to check your own heart. Cause there is some serious ugliness spewing from it.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Hmmm, splitting hairs then are we?

The idea was that God did not put such things in our ways. But not only did God bring this topic up to both angels and demons, but God instructed the demon in how to lie to Ahab. So, we have God bringing up subject matter after He reasoned the way to handle Ahab was through a demon, we have a demon volunteering, we have God instructing the demon to LIE, and we have God doing so in order to kill Ahab.

Now, had you and I done this in today's world, it would be considered pre-meditated, coercing, entrapment, 1st degree murder.
True; if you or I did this it would be murder. However, God is rightly Judge, Jury and Executioner. He was dealing with a repeat offender, and merely used a creative way to execute judgement. God could as easily have struck him as He did Nabal.

Aug 16, 2018
It makes no difference. Cancer is evil as already pointed out in my post.
I would disagree. It makes a great deal of difference. Your post pointed out your opinion. Cancer is a disease. Some research has proven certain types are actually virus.

Your remarks about cancer are ill informed and actually implicate at fault that Christian who is diagnosed. It's unfortunate, however, Cancer isn't as easily dismissed as you hope to impart.
And relegating it to a condition that is the result of sin and evil in the world does not serve to fully inform this discussion. First century persons, even Saul of Tarsus, had no idea of what cancer was. They were naive, even superstitious in their beliefs about what caused illness that plagued their people of those times. Bringing those superstitions into the medical arena where cancer is understood does not serve to help anyone who could be battling that disease while reading this forum.

Your illness is the result of sin and evil in the world.

Well that would mean relatively speaking to that world wide cause that there is no hope to cure the cause of that persons cancer.
That is evil .

NayborBear

Banned Serpent Seed Heresy
We are all born broken, subjectable to disease, sickness. It's in our d.n.a. but yet pslam 139 tells us we're wonderfully made.
That God has made our bodies to fight off infection, disease, yet this too is failing in some.
The pslam also tells us that God knows all our inward parts. Some here believe they are born defective yet God has chosen to create you for his purpose.
As bluelady siad her cancer has brought her closer to the Lord, my walk is closer also because of my cancer.
It's a horrible horrible disease that is found in saints and aints. Old and young. It's not a curse from God it's a fact of life.
But put in the hands of God it can be a blessing to some. Only the Lord can do that;).

Years ago, I seen "bumper stickers", saying "Jesus was a chiropractor!" :)

Using the Bible as a source for "anatomical biology", and our human bodies "nerves" as "messenging/angels", of sorts (of lower angels, to be sure, yet, angels, or messengers, just the same), and believing that, should these "messenging angels" messages, be not "constricted, restricted, blocked, pinched" or otherwise infringed upon from "delivering" messages? Our human bodies, having been wonderously made, by our Divine Creator, has "built in by default", such mechanisms, as in aiding and the promoting of "healing", that, in some cases, even preventing "disease/s", that I, as such an obvious proponent of chiropratic, have, in my own experience/s, a very hard time in disavowing its, and the human body's capability of "healing itself!"

Of course, there are "pitfalls aplenty", ingrained, within chiropractic's usefulness. Not the "least" of which is the chiropractor themselves. Some of which has been earned! Some of which (to a greater degree, I think), has been "falsely accused" by the "practitioners of big pharma", as "QUACKS!"

As it isn't a very large step, into a very deep hole, of "ungodliness", where the "creation", loses sight of its "Creator!" This holds as much, or more water with "medical practitioners", in a mere "out of sight (symptoms), out of mind (thus), free of disease", as it does with "godlike" practitioners of in the chiropractic field.

The main difference, being in "medical empircism's" inability of "controlling", the speed, of healing, or covering of symptoms, from 1 body to another!

While, chiropractics, main concern, is generally, going after "prevention!" With the patient, (ususally) "none the wiser" of that which has even been prevented!

Both, "art forms", if you will, are fairly addictive, in their usings of, however.

Having said this, I don't think pancreatic cancer can be cured, after being diagnosed, with chiropractic. But with God? Anything is possible! (y)(y)

rlm68

Jul 23, 2018
True; if you or I did this it would be murder. However, God is rightly Judge, Jury and Executioner. He was dealing with a repeat offender, and merely used a creative way to execute judgement. God could as easily have struck him as He did Nabal.

Yep, I totally agree with your statement. But, I merely wanted to show verses that God does put bad things in our way according to His reasoning. And those verses showed God used a demonic entity to His bidding.

Zmouth

Nov 21, 2012
You have a real penchant for calling people blasphemers, lost, and children of Satan.
Might be time to check your own heart. Cause there is some serious ugliness spewing from it.
I quoted a scripture, I made no implications of anyone being a blasphemer, lost or children of Satan. Since no prophesy of scripture is of any private interpretation then you can call it twisting scripture or whatever you choose when someone presents a different perspective to the one you claim as being the truth.

Now you say I have a real penchant for calling people blashphers, lost and children of Satan. While I appreciate your suggestion to check my own heart, and it is not ashamed of the testimony of Jesus, for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy then if you then would you at least have the decency to state the reasons for the hope in your heart that you believe those things which you accuse me to sanctify the Spirit in you.

If I make the statement that I wouldn't acknowledge the truth either if Satan was my father as calling someone a child of Satan then maybe you might check your own reasoning. (See Ephesians 4:23) I have clearly expressed my faith in the LORD (the only begotten of the eternal), who is the Holy Ghost (a physical body of light) being the Spirit of truth (aka, the God of truth). Since I subsribe to the principle that LORD is the God of the heaven above and the earth below; there is none else, it would be absurb to conclude that believed that there was another Spirit called Satan much less call anyone the child of Satan.

Now would it be a lie if what you in your accusations is the truth? So am I now calling you a liar because I ask you to at least submit the substance upon which your are making such allegations. I might call you the chief priest before I would make a public accusation accusing you of lying. (See Mark 14:63)

As far as your accusation there is some serious ugliness spewing from my heart, all I will say is that I look forward to the day of my judgment by the Holy Ghost, who only hath immortality, but how about you LynnTed? Oh, that's right, having the eternal Spirit dwelling in you then you are not subject to the law of truth, neither can you be since your are God.

But in conclusion, I will leave you with a verse for your heart and a song for your mind. :unsure:

Nauga

Jun 7, 2018
The questions were in regards to what you claimed.

Simply asked you whether the world or worlds were framed by the written or spoken word of God.

Since the Holy Spirit is given to those who are evil by their heavenly Father, which is represented in the scriptures as being the devil, then I was wondering what gift that the devil gives his children other than a lying spirit?

If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?Luke 11:13

The Holy Ghost (Phasma) and the Holy Spirit (Pneuma) are not the same
Simply asked you whether the world or worlds were framed by the written or spoken word of God. Yes.

Since the Holy Spirit is given to those who are evil by their heavenly Father, which is represented in the scriptures as being the devil, then I was wondering what gift that the devil gives his children other than a lying spirit? Satan is also the author of sickness and death.

The Holy Ghost (Phasma) and the Holy Spirit (Pneuma) are not the same. They are the same...Ghost is a variation of the word spirit.