God Does Not Seem to Be Listening...Well Maybe Get Right!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 12, 2013
You know it seems like a normal thing for so called Christians to say is....

God does not seem to listen to me or answer my prayers and I just don't know why.

God promises and or states the following...

I will never leave the nor forsake thee!
God's eyes and ears are open unto his children
Ask and believing ye shall receive
The fervent prayers of a RIGHTEOUS MAN brings much to pass!

If God does not seem to be listening to you then one of the listed two or three are the only possible problems that are in your lives...

1. You are not saved
2. You are not righteous in your life
3. You ask amiss because of lust
4. You ask outside the will of God
5. The answer is NO

So.....if God does not seem to listen to you then examine your lives and correct the problems and or accept NO and move on while thanking God for his will in your life!

C

CEF

I'm having this problem in my life have wondered why God hasn't been answering my prayers. You say its simply because my life with Christ isn't right. What do you mean by asking Him something that's out if His will? Nothing is out of His will I thought.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
He that turneth away his ear from hearing the law,
even his prayer shall be abomination.
(Proverbs 28:9)

i think sometimes we are guilty of trying to interrupt and talk over the voice of the Spirit.
prayer is a conversation - if we don't listen to what the Lord says to our hearts in return,
is it any surprise that He doesn't act to answer our requests?

( i don't post that verse to say "we must follow the law of Moses" -- but we do have the law of Love and Grace. if we are not walking in the light, or seeking to walk in the light - it is as though we were under law, and not obeying it, or ignoring it uncaringly.)

C

CEF

How do you hear Gods voice how do you know He is speaking to you?

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
...6. Wait.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
I'm having this problem in my life have wondered why God hasn't been answering my prayers. You say its simply because my life with Christ isn't right. What do you mean by asking Him something that's out if His will? Nothing is out of His will I thought.
1. The title of the thread is "maybe" get right... as in... maybe you need to get right.
Maybe you don't need to get right.
It's just a suggestion, a thing to consider.

2. Many things are out of the will of God.
Read your bible, and make a note every time God says not to do something.
See?

3. God may already be answering your prayers, but just not answering your prayers the way you like.
God may hear your prayer, and give you the answer of, "No."
That's still an answer.
God is God, not us... He decides what gets answered with a yes.
Just like the rest of us, you will not always understand His will, or understand why He answers some prayers the way He does.

Last edited:

Dan58

Nov 13, 2013
5. The answer is NO
In my experience, the two reasons above are why people think prayers aren't answered. When I hear what people are praying for, its no wonder they seldom get answers. And sometimes God answers, but we aren't listening.

H

Hoffco

There is only one sure way of hearing God speak to us. The Bible is the word of God. We should never expect to ever hear an audible voice from God. When ever I open the Bible God speaks to my soul. The whole Bible is for me to learn about God and of His requirements of me. God has given us all we need for life and godliness in His word. We are sooo blessed by God in the USA and many other countries of the world with a good Christian work ethics that we are rich beyond compare; But, we are losing more and more of moral values. One reason is the perversion of saying we are not "under the law", sooo professed converts live an evil life style. The church is dying from within. Love to all. Hoffco

H

Hoffco

How does God lead us? !. By His infallible Word, the Bible. 2. In the multitude of many advisers. 3. By the situations of life, judged by wise understanding. 4. By prayerfully asking God for guidance based on good understanding of God's word, we can trust our feelings. If our feeling is based on the words of God ,it is right, If we can not back up our feelings with the Word of then it is sinful. We must always be educating our conscience with the WORD of God, the BIBLE. The Bible has laws and godly principles for us to live by. Love to all, Hoffco

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
One IMPORTANT OPTION was left out of the options provided........

God's TIME is not OUR TIME............just because we didn't get the answer when WE wanted it does not mean He said No......

It's like the old saying.............. Please Lord give me patience..............and I want IT NOW!

:)

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
In my experience, the two reasons above are why people think prayers aren't answered. When I hear what people are praying for, its no wonder they seldom get answers. And sometimes God answers, but we aren't listening.
.....uh, so, are you saying that Mercedes Benz I ordered is OUT?............aw geeezzzzeeee

Dec 12, 2013
Numerous scriptures teach that we can ask amiss due to lust or selfishness.....like a prayer I recently prayed makes the point....

I fertilized my food plots and got on my face and asked God to cause it to rain so as to not burn up the food plots and I qualified it by saying if it is within your will.

After I prayed I contemplated my prayer and the following thoughts came up..

1. If it rains, it was God's will for it to rain.
2. If it doesn't rain it was God's will that it did not rain.
3. Who's will am I really concerned with and
4. If I get upset because it did not or does not rain then I am upset with God's will which makes me wrong.

We all can and do sometimes pray for things without realizing that our prayers are contrary to the word of God and what we are asking for is not within the ranks of the will of God.

Dec 12, 2013
One IMPORTANT OPTION was left out of the options provided........

God's TIME is not OUR TIME............just because we didn't get the answer when WE wanted it does not mean He said No......

It's like the old saying.............. Please Lord give me patience..............and I want IT NOW!

:)
I agree with this as well.....oh well I missed one or two in the list haha!

Dec 12, 2013
Or he gives us what we want and we find out that it is not all that and a bag of chips when we get it!

Dec 12, 2013
1. The title of the thread is "maybe" get right... as in... maybe you need to get right.
Maybe you don't need to get right.
It's just a suggestion, a thing to consider.

2. Many things are out of the will of God.
Read your bible, and make a note every time God says not to do something.
See?

3. God may already be answering your prayers, but just not answering your prayers the way you like.
God may hear your prayer, and give you the answer of, "No."
That's still an answer.
God is God, not us... He decides what gets answered with a yes.
Just like the rest of us, you will not always understand His will, or understand why He answers some prayers the way He does.
Well Maxwell the old green one eyed dude that is why I used the word maybe, because some of the listed answers are not due necessarily to being wrong as NO which I listed is a valid answer to people who are right as well as those who are wrong!

Dec 12, 2013
How do you hear Gods voice how do you know He is speaking to you?
By the word of God, conviction and peace of mind when a biblical decision is reached!

Jun 3, 2014
You know it seems like a normal thing for so called Christians to say is....

God does not seem to listen to me or answer my prayers and I just don't know why.

God promises and or states the following...

I will never leave the nor forsake thee!
God's eyes and ears are open unto his children
Ask and believing ye shall receive
The fervent prayers of a RIGHTEOUS MAN brings much to pass!

If God does not seem to be listening to you then one of the listed two or three are the only possible problems that are in your lives...

1. You are not saved
2. You are not righteous in your life
3. You ask amiss because of lust
5. The answer is NO

So.....if God does not seem to listen to you then examine your lives and correct the problems and or accept NO and move on while thanking God for his will in your life!
Prayer is not a techinical issue like how to fix your internet connection.

God does not appear to be listening because god does not generally speak.

Dec 12, 2013
Prayer is not a techinical issue like how to fix your internet connection.

God does not appear to be listening because god does not generally speak.
Ignorance is not a bad word as it means you just don't know.....Both of your statements are contrary to the truth so if you claim Christ I suggest you turn off the T.V. and study the inspired word of God which speaks clearly and loudly to all who will listen!

C

CEF

Maybe its me but I'm failing to understand why prayer is so important, He knows everything about us why do we need to tell Him if He already knows. Along side that He speaks through us with His Word how many ways does He want to communicate with us?