God's Word vs the Carnal Mind.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

cronjecj

Banned [Reason: ongoing "extreme error/heresy" Den
Sep 25, 2011
Brethren don't be fooled or feel discouraged by the words that proceedeth out of man's mouth to only uplift themselves.

1. Why do man say "don't be a people's pleaser" when Jesus said "treat people the way you want them to treat you"?

Matthew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

2. Why do man say "God help's those who helps themselves" when Jesus said "God is close to the broken hearted"?

Psalm 34:18
The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.

3. Why do man say "don't put God in a box" when Jesus said "beloved, do not believe every spirit"?

1 John 4:1
Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

4. Why do man say "the Lord ain't gonna bring your desires on a serving plate" when Jesus said "wait and have faith in God"?

Psalm 27:14
Wait for the LORD, be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD.

5. Why do man say "You are too soft" when Jesus said "show mercy"?

Matthew 5:7
Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy.

6. Why do man say "how to live a daily happy life" when Jesus said "now is the time to mourn"?

Matthew 5:4
Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.

7. Why do man say "it is the will of God for us to prosper" when Jesus said "it is hard for a rich man to enter Heaven"?

Matthew 19:24
Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.

God does NOT think like man.

Satan thinks like man.

The carnal mind is enmity to God.

Jesus is NOT the god of this world.

So who are you going to trust, man or God?

Jeremiah 17:5
This is what the LORD says: Cursed is the one who trusts in man, who draws strength from mere flesh and whose heart turns away from the LORD.

Matthew 10:28
Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

Let us teach the fear of the Lord because the Lord is God.

Proverbs 9:10
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom.

damombomb

Feb 27, 2011
This is a good post!About people pleasers I believe we should fear God and not man

A

AnandaHya

this is nice :)

the only thing is that we should treat people as God treats us with love and mercy and understanding and justice, correcting when we or they need it and not seeking to make them happy but make them holy and in a right relationship with GOD. That is what God tells us to do.

To often I know pepole who treat others as they feel like the world has treated them, or how they have been told they deserve to be treated, these abused individuals don't need to treat others as they would be treated but as God would have everyone treated.

its just that often people are angry bullies and expect the rest of the world to be the same because that is all they know. they ghink God is a big bully to but its a lie.

sometimes what people need more than anything is some one to give them a hug and tell them they are loved.

M

MissCris

About God helping those who help themselves...(not to start a debate, this is just my opinion)

I certainly don't disagree with Scripture on the matter, and no where in the Bible does it SAY 'God helps those who help themselves', but I DO feel that the "brokenhearted" and the "crushed in spirit" are a different set of people than the ones who just sit and whine that everything is so bad, everything is so hard, the world is out to hurt them, blah blah blah...

I think THOSE are the people that phrase (not the Bible) really refers to. The ones who ARE capable of changing their situation, but aren't bothering to because they think God or the world owe them something.

M

MissCris

P.S. This *is* a nice thread, I like it :D

cronjecj

Sep 25, 2011
all 7 points i made about what man says is not in scripture, what Jesus said was quite the opposite as you can see.

So next time you see someone using one of those assumptions just tell them to back it up with scripture so that they can see for themselves they don't speak truth.

For example one of Joyce Meyer's teachings in one of her books she wrote "don't be a people's pleaser" so what is she really teaching? She is teaching "every man for himself" which is greed at its peak that will eventually lead you away from God and into the pits of hell (trap of Satan). however Jesus said the opposite. So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you (leads to Life)

MissCriss i do agree there is people who just sit and feel sorry for themselves but there is a scripture that says they must wash their faces and look normal before men (not looking for man's reward but of God's)

Before man we must always look normal but in secret we cry out to God.

PS: All the woman on CC are so nice.. except hmm..:)

A

AnandaHya

HEY Ms. Cris. this is what God tells us to do with lazy people, I don't think God believes in free meals but making everyone work for their daily bread:

2 Thessalonians 3
6 But we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you withdraw from every brother who walks disorderly and not according to the tradition which he[a] received from us. 7 For you yourselves know how you ought to follow us, for we were not disorderly among you; 8 nor did we eat anyone’s bread free of charge, but worked with labor and toil night and day, that we might not be a burden to any of you, 9 not because we do not have authority, but to make ourselves an example of how you should follow us.
10 For even when we were with you, we commanded you this: If anyone will not work, neither shall he eat. 11 For we hear that there are some who walk among you in a disorderly manner, not working at all, but are busybodies. 12 Now those who are such we command and exhort through our Lord Jesus Christ that they work in quietness and eat their own bread.
13 But as for you, brethren, do not grow weary in doing good. 14 And if anyone does not obey our word in this epistle, note that person and do not keep company with him, that he may be ashamed. 15 Yet do not count him as an enemy, but admonish him as a brother.

M

MissCris

Thanks guys :) Always good to learn more about the Bible.

cronjecj

Sep 25, 2011
This is a good post!About people pleasers I believe we should fear God and not man
We should serve people out of love even if i comes to pleasing not because we fear them. They will see your good deeds and praise our Father in heaven.

Matthew 5:16
In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.

We only fear one and that is God.

It is the least that God expects from us :)

Love.

cronjecj

Sep 25, 2011
Bless you Ms and AnandaHya, you2 including many other are a blessing to others here on CC.

Matthew 5:16
In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven :)