Gospel Invitation

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
and here I thought it began when He said Repent, for the Kingdom of God is at hand........ :)

Yet

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
I like it. Sounds like TD Jakes and the rest of them.
Only problem is, you get poorer and poorer and they get richer and richer.

Joidevivre

Jul 15, 2014
And I thought the first invitation from the mouth of Jesus to us all was "Come unto me and I will give you rest".

Maybe He causes us to see what He wants us to see and knows that we need see?

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Jesus was about thirty years old when he began his ministry. Following His baptism by John the Baptist, and His temptation in the wilderness, Jesus returned to Galilee. There He taught in the synagogues, and then went to Nazareth, where He proclaimed ==(Luke 4)==

“The Spirit of the Lord is on me,

because he has anointed me
to proclaim good news to the poor.
He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners
and recovery of sight for the blind,
to set the oppressed free,
19to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor.”

20Then he rolled up the scroll, gave it back to the attendant and sat down. The eyes of everyone in the synagogue were fastened on him. 21He began by saying to them, “Today this scripture is fulfilled in your hearing.”

They wanted to kill Him right away. He escaped them and went to Capernaum, where He began performing miraculous healings. He said, “I must proclaim the good news of the kingdom of God to the other towns also, because that is why I was sent.”

In Matthew 4 we are told

When Jesus heard that John had been put in prison, he withdrew to Galilee. 13Leaving Nazareth, he went and lived in Capernaum, which was by the lake in the area of Zebulun and Naphtali— 14to fulfill what was said through the prophet Isaiah:

15“Land of Zebulun and land of Naphtali,
the Way of the Sea, beyond the Jordan,
Galilee of the Gentiles—
16the people living in darkness
have seen a great light;
on those living in the land of the shadow of death
a light has dawned.”

17From that time on Jesus began to preach, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven has come near.”