Gospel of the Kingdom vs the Gospel Paul preached

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 18, 2013
So the question is, if the disciples did not know about or understand the gospel of the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ, then what were they going around preaching? They were preaching the gospel of the kingdom message, Matthew 10 and not the good news of the death, burial and resurrection.
This actually a good question. I think they would still be inadvertently teaching it though per them be preaching Jesus and more importantly the Father and pretty much just going around to the different peoples. On top of that Jesus actually is pretty much telling them about his crucifixion and resurrection right in the chapter even though they do not fully understand it then at the time. Good look indeed. Good chapter to post. Welcome to CC too btw indeed.

Matthew 10

1 And when he had called unto him his twelve disciples, he gave them power against unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all manner of sickness and all manner of disease.
[SUP]2 [/SUP]Now the names of the twelve apostles are these; The first, Simon, who is called Peter, and Andrew his brother; James the son of Zebedee, and John his brother;
[SUP]3 [/SUP]Philip, and Bartholomew; Thomas, and Matthew the publican; James the son of Alphaeus, and Lebbaeus, whose surname was Thaddaeus;
[SUP]4 [/SUP]Simon the Canaanite, and Judas Iscariot, who also betrayed him.
[SUP]5 [/SUP]These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:
[SUP]6 [/SUP]But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
[SUP]7 [/SUP]And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand.
[SUP]8 [/SUP]Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.
[SUP]9 [/SUP]Provide neither gold, nor silver, nor brass in your purses,
[SUP]10 [/SUP]Nor scrip for your journey, neither two coats, neither shoes, nor yet staves: for the workman is worthy of his meat.
[SUP]11 [/SUP]And into whatsoever city or town ye shall enter, enquire who in it is worthy; and there abide till ye go thence.
[SUP]12 [/SUP]And when ye come into an house, salute it.
[SUP]13 [/SUP]And if the house be worthy, let your peace come upon it: but if it be not worthy, let your peace return to you.
[SUP]14 [/SUP]And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.
[SUP]15 [/SUP]Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.
[SUP]16 [/SUP]Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.
[SUP]17 [/SUP]But beware of men: for they will deliver you up to the councils, and they will scourge you in their synagogues;
[SUP]18 [/SUP]And ye shall be brought before governors and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them and the Gentiles.
[SUP]19 [/SUP]But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak.
[SUP]20 [/SUP]For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.
[SUP]21 [/SUP]And the brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death.
[SUP]22 [/SUP]And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.
[SUP]23 [/SUP]But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come.
[SUP]24 [/SUP]The disciple is not above his master, nor the servant above his lord.
[SUP]25 [/SUP]It is enough for the disciple that he be as his master, and the servant as his lord. If they have called the master of the house Beelzebub, how much more shall they call them of his household?
[SUP]26 [/SUP]Fear them not therefore: for there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; and hid, that shall not be known.
[SUP]27 [/SUP]What I tell you in darkness, that speak ye in light: and what ye hear in the ear, that preach ye upon the housetops.
[SUP]28 [/SUP]And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
[SUP]29 [/SUP]Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father.
[SUP]30 [/SUP]But the very hairs of your head are all numbered.
[SUP]31 [/SUP]Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows.
[SUP]32 [/SUP]Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.
[SUP]33 [/SUP]But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.
[SUP]34 [/SUP]Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
[SUP]35 [/SUP]For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
[SUP]36 [/SUP]And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.
[SUP]37 [/SUP]He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.
[SUP]38 [/SUP]And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.
[SUP]39 [/SUP]He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.
[SUP]40 [/SUP]He that receiveth you receiveth me, and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.
[SUP]41 [/SUP]He that receiveth a prophet in the name of a prophet shall receive a prophet's reward; and he that receiveth a righteous man in the name of a righteous man shall receive a righteous man's reward.
[SUP]42 [/SUP]And whosoever shall give to drink unto one of these little ones a cup of cold water only in the name of a disciple, verily I say unto you, he shall in no wise lose his reward.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
The gospel of the kingdom was preached by Jesus and his disciples. Grace and salvation are a part of the gospel of the kingdom.
Agreed, but were they preaching the gospel of the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ? That's what we must trust in now as the body of Christ.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
Matthew 24:14, "And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come." The Lord said the end would come when the kingdom gospel was preached throughout the entire world.

Romans 16:25, "Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began, but now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:"

Colossians 1:5-6, "For the hope which is laid up for you in heaven, whereof ye heard before in the word of the truth of the gospel; which is come unto you, as it is in all the world;..."

Colossians 1:23, "If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minsiter;"

These two gospels cannot be the same. If it is the same gospel, then the end should have already come. The kingdom gospel will be preached once again during the tribulation to the whole world - the kingdom will be at hand once again.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2013
Matthew 24:14, "And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come." The Lord said the end would come when the kingdom gospel was preached throughout the entire world.

Romans 16:25, "Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began, but now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:"

Colossians 1:5-6, "For the hope which is laid up for you in heaven, whereof ye heard before in the word of the truth of the gospel; which is come unto you, as it is in all the world;..."

Colossians 1:23, "If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minsiter;"

These two gospels cannot be the same. If it is the same gospel, then the end should have already come. The kingdom gospel will be preached once again during the tribulation to the whole world - the kingdom will be at hand once again.
The Gospels and Paul's Letters all the more the same therefore for indeed tribulation at hand now and will get worse before the total final day. Jesus crucifixion and resurrection is even a sign of the end and yet also the fulfillment of it as Jesus is the fulfillment of all things being God's Word and Son. Pretty much Jesus our only hope because the world will end, but hope not lost so long as we love God and each other because Jesus will come back at the literal total end of the world at the right hand of God to resurrect us and make new heavens and new earth and we will love God and each other and praise Jesus for eternity. This is the same message in the Gospels and Paul's letters, so Paul is not preaching another Gospel, same Gospel. Pardon my opinion but seems to me Paul is just kinda quirky in his writings by making himself the least lol. Very good verse picks and thoughts and really just all around topic indeed no matter your viewpoint Sir John146, one of the best for BDF I seen for a while too, praise Jesus and hope you are well.

In my opinion Sermon on the Mount, particularly verses 43-44 for me personally, but I think the whole chapter good for exploring the topic as a reference in the Gospels before Jesus' crucifixion and resurrection regarding tribulations about persecutions and the spread of the kingdom and word about Jesus. To tie it into the OP topic, Romans 5 of Paul and 2 Peter 3 also concerning tribulations, end of times, and the spread of praise and love of Jesus for the comparison too. Good topic and thoughts indeed!

Romans 5

1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
[SUP]2 [/SUP]By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
[SUP]3 [/SUP]And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;
[SUP]4 [/SUP]And patience, experience; and experience, hope:
[SUP]5 [/SUP]And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.
[SUP]6 [/SUP]For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.
[SUP]7 [/SUP]For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die.
[SUP]8 [/SUP]But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
[SUP]9 [/SUP]Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.
[SUP]10 [/SUP]For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.
[SUP]11 [/SUP]And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.
[SUP]12 [/SUP]Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:
[SUP]13 [/SUP](For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.
[SUP]14 [/SUP]Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.
[SUP]15 [/SUP]But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.
[SUP]16 [/SUP]And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification.
[SUP]17 [/SUP]For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)
[SUP]18 [/SUP]Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
[SUP]19 [/SUP]For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.
[SUP]20 [/SUP]Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:
[SUP]21 [/SUP]That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

2 Peter 3

1 This second epistle, beloved, I now write unto you; in both which I stir up your pure minds by way of remembrance:

[SUP]2 [/SUP]That ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour:
[SUP]3 [/SUP]Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
[SUP]4 [/SUP]And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.
[SUP]5 [/SUP]For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:
[SUP]6 [/SUP]Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:
[SUP]7 [/SUP]But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.
[SUP]8 [/SUP]But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
[SUP]9 [/SUP]The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
[SUP]10 [/SUP]But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
[SUP]11 [/SUP]Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
[SUP]12 [/SUP]Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
[SUP]13 [/SUP]Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.
[SUP]14 [/SUP]Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.
[SUP]15 [/SUP]And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;
[SUP]16 [/SUP]As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.
[SUP]17 [/SUP]Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness.
[SUP]18 [/SUP]But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.

Matthew 5

1 And seeing the multitudes, he went up into a mountain: and when he was set, his disciples came unto him:

[SUP]2 [/SUP]And he opened his mouth, and taught them, saying,
[SUP]3 [/SUP]Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
[SUP]4 [/SUP]Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
[SUP]5 [/SUP]Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
[SUP]6 [/SUP]Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
[SUP]7 [/SUP]Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
[SUP]8 [/SUP]Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
[SUP]9 [/SUP]Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
[SUP]10 [/SUP]Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
[SUP]11 [/SUP]Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
[SUP]12 [/SUP]Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.
[SUP]13 [/SUP]Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.
[SUP]14 [/SUP]Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.
[SUP]15 [/SUP]Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.
[SUP]16 [/SUP]Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
[SUP]17 [/SUP]Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
[SUP]18 [/SUP]For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
[SUP]19 [/SUP]Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
[SUP]20 [/SUP]For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.
[SUP]21 [/SUP]Ye have heard that it was said of them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:
[SUP]22 [/SUP]But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.
[SUP]23 [/SUP]Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath ought against thee;
[SUP]24 [/SUP]Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.
[SUP]25 [/SUP]Agree with thine adversary quickly, whiles thou art in the way with him; lest at any time the adversary deliver thee to the judge, and the judge deliver thee to the officer, and thou be cast into prison.
[SUP]26 [/SUP]Verily I say unto thee, Thou shalt by no means come out thence, till thou hast paid the uttermost farthing.
[SUP]27 [/SUP]Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:
[SUP]28 [/SUP]But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.
[SUP]29 [/SUP]And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.
[SUP]30 [/SUP]And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.
[SUP]31 [/SUP]It hath been said, Whosoever shall put away his wife, let him give her a writing of divorcement:
[SUP]32 [/SUP]But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.
[SUP]33 [/SUP]Again, ye have heard that it hath been said by them of old time, Thou shalt not forswear thyself, but shalt perform unto the Lord thine oaths:
[SUP]34 [/SUP]But I say unto you, Swear not at all; neither by heaven; for it is God's throne:
[SUP]35 [/SUP]Nor by the earth; for it is his footstool: neither by Jerusalem; for it is the city of the great King.
[SUP]36 [/SUP]Neither shalt thou swear by thy head, because thou canst not make one hair white or black.
[SUP]37 [/SUP]But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil.
[SUP]38 [/SUP]Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:
[SUP]39 [/SUP]But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.
[SUP]40 [/SUP]And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloak also.
[SUP]41 [/SUP]And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain.
[SUP]42 [/SUP]Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.
[SUP]43 [/SUP]Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
[SUP]44 [/SUP]But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
[SUP]45 [/SUP]That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
[SUP]46 [/SUP]For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?
[SUP]47 [/SUP]And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?
[SUP]48 [/SUP]Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
[SUP]38 [/SUP]Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:
[SUP]39 [/SUP]But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.
[SUP]40 [/SUP]And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloak also.
[SUP]41 [/SUP]And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain.
[SUP]42 [/SUP]Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.

Is this our direction for a Church Age believer? I'm never to resist someone doing evil to me? If someone sues me, I am to give over more than what is asked? If any man asked to borrow anything from me I am to hand it over no questions asked? Boy, would Christians be the doormat of society if we lived by these rules.

This is kingdom doctrine when Christ is the King ruling with a rod of iron. This is not possible in this wicked day.

iwant2serve

Apr 12, 2009
Agreed, but were they preaching the gospel of the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ? That's what we must trust in now as the body of Christ.

Here are scriptures showing the kingdom was preached and Jesus

Act_8:12 But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.

Act 19:8 And he went into the synagogue, and spake boldly for the space of three months, disputing and persuading the things concerning the kingdom of God.

Act_20:25 And now, behold, I know that ye all, among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God, shall see my face no more.

Act_28:23 And when they had appointed him a day, there came many to him into his lodging; to whom he expounded and testified the kingdom of God, persuading them concerning Jesus, both out of the law of Moses, and out of the prophets, from morning till evening.

Act_28:31 Preaching the kingdom of God, and teaching those things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ, with

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
The gospel of the kingdom is the good news given to the Jews of their promised kingdom, a literal, physical kingdom on earth where Christ is King.

my kingdom is not of this world
- Jesus

(John 18:36)

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
The kingdom of heaven = literal, physical kingdom on earth, Christ ruling on the throne of David

Jesus, knowing that they intended to come and make him king by force,
withdrew again to a mountain by himself.
(John 6:15)

M

Mitspa

The Word "gospel" itself means good news... In the Greek writings of that time its rarely used, but is best described as "news too good to believe" If you allow the word to have its intended meaning, and not try to put it into a religious box ..then there is no conflict at all in these terms.... I would also add its clear that Christ spoke to the Jews in terms of the law...He used the law for its purpose ..to make them all guilty before God... "If thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out".. was intended to bring those under the law to the end of their own deception of self-righteousness.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Jesus knew as well as the Baptist from the beginning that He would be the Lamb of God to take away the sins of the world.
Yet the offer of the Kingdom was extended and for the most part rejected by the Jews. Mt 12:24-50.

From that point on He begins to teach His disciples mainly in private by the use of parables (Mt 13) and sets His face to Jerusalem to give His life a ransom for many.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
The kingdom of heaven = literal, physical kingdom on earth, Christ ruling on the throne of David

The kingdom of God = spiritual kingdom in Christ

Right here is your problem! The Kingdom of God = The Kingdom of Heaven

In context, Matthew used the euphemism "heaven" for God. Matthew was writing to the Jews. Jewish tradition said they were not allowed to use the name of God. Thus in the OT, many times Adonai was used instead of Yahweh. Since Matthew was writing to Jews, rather than offend his readers, he used the phrase "Kingdom of heaven" instead the phrase "Kingdom of God" which the other writers of the gospels used in parallel passages.

Here is an example:

Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven." Matt. 5:3

Blessed are you who are poor, for yours is the kingdom of God." Luke 6:20b

N

nuldesperandum

But it doesn't say the Gospel of the Kingdom will cease to be preached after the end John.

S

starblue

We have been grafted in - just reading those words makes me cry to think our kind loving God did that, not wanting to leave any of his children out of a chance of getting into heaven.
God bless you.

DP

Banned
Sep 27, 2015
I believe Jesus did offer the promised kingdom to the jews but in His foreknowledge knew they would reject it. We gentiles are grafted into the promised kingdom to come...Praise God
The promised kingdom to come is... the same kingdom God promised to Israel. We Gentiles are not graffed into our own separate kingdom, for there will only be one Kingdom by Christ in the future.

Dispensationalism is where the erroneous idea of a dual Gospel comes from. John Darby who got the Pre-trib Rapture theory going from the Edward Irving church is who devised Dispensationalism. The dual Gospel idea came of his mis-interpretation of a pre-trib rapture, falsely claiming the Gentile Church is raptured prior to the tribulation while the Jews are left behind, and that the Gentile saints rule with Christ from Heaven while the Jews have their kingdom established on earth. That dispensationalist theory of course is NOT written in God's Word. It is a total fabrication of men.

P

planitsoon

DP, I would say, you hit it right on the nail. If the 70 weeks haven't been completley fulfilled in total yet than the six things mentioned in Daniel 9 haven't either and thus that is touching the Blood and sacrifice of Christ. God will never ever go back to a temple system again and Scofield even taught that sacrificed would start again as if Christ wasn't the last sacrifice ones and for all. What a blasphemy. Thank God that He allowed the Mosque to be build there and make sure it will never be build again. Jesus cursed that generation back then in Matthew 23:35 and every part of His curse Matthew 24 has been fulfilled in detail. He did away with gender, race and nation in Christ, No male no female in Christ, no Jew nor gentile as he who circumsized at heart isa real Jew and the church is called a Holy priesthood a holy nation.

Nov 22, 2015
I found this on line...interesting stuff...

The phrase “Kingdom of God” appears 70 times in the New Testament while “Kingdom Of Heaven” appears only 33 times, all of them in Matthew’s Gospel. Since it appears that Matthew was writing primarily to a Jewish audience, some scholars have concluded that Matthew was trying to avoid using the word “God” since it’s forbidden for Jews to write or speak the word.
But it’s interesting that Matthew also used the phrase Kingdom of God 4 times, all of them quotes from the Lord. Perhaps this was a subtle way of demonstrating the Lord’s deity, since it wouldn’t be against the Law for Him to speak His own name.

By comparing the gospel accounts we see that in some places where Matthew used “Heaven” other gospel writers used “God” in describing the same event. Matt. 11:11 vs. Luke 7:28 is one example among several.

All things considered, it seems likely that for all practical purposes the two terms are synonymous, and that the effort to force a distinction between them is man-made.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
I found this on line...interesting stuff...

The phrase “Kingdom of God” appears 70 times in the New Testament while “Kingdom Of Heaven” appears only 33 times, all of them in Matthew’s Gospel. Since it appears that Matthew was writing primarily to a Jewish audience, some scholars have concluded that Matthew was trying to avoid using the word “God” since it’s forbidden for Jews to write or speak the word.
But it’s interesting that Matthew also used the phrase Kingdom of God 4 times, all of them quotes from the Lord. Perhaps this was a subtle way of demonstrating the Lord’s deity, since it wouldn’t be against the Law for Him to speak His own name.

By comparing the gospel accounts we see that in some places where Matthew used “Heaven” other gospel writers used “God” in describing the same event. Matt. 11:11 vs. Luke 7:28 is one example among several.

All things considered, it seems likely that for all practical purposes the two terms are synonymous, and that the effort to force a distinction between them is man-made.
This is the typical explanation I've heard many times over. We're going outside the Bible to define it. I don't like doing that. Why does Matthew use the KOH term? Maybe because Matthew's gospel is a Jewish gospel, concerning a Jewish King, prophesied by Jewish prophets concerning a Jewish kingdom. The Jews understood the Jewish part of the message, but could not understand that before the physical kingdom could be given to them, Christ would have to die on a cross to redeem the spiritual. That's what the Jews or His disciples did not understand. Jesus did preach a dual kingdom, but only the physical kingdom could be understood at the time until after the resurrection. Only then did God start to open up their minds to what Jesus came to do.

Nov 22, 2015
Could be...I just happened to see that in my email this morning.....I never gave it much thought as to the difference and most likely won't as I really have no inward witness to focus on that now in my life....whatever happens..I do know it's going to be good!

This is the typical explanation I've heard many times over. We're going outside the Bible to define it. I don't like doing that. Why does Matthew use the KOH term? Maybe because Matthew's gospel is a Jewish gospel, concerning a Jewish King, prophesied by Jewish prophets concerning a Jewish kingdom. The Jews understood the Jewish part of the message, but could not understand that before the physical kingdom could be given to them, Christ would have to die on a cross to redeem the spiritual. That's what the Jews or His disciples did not understand. Jesus did preach a dual kingdom, but only the physical kingdom could be understood at the time until after the resurrection. Only then did God start to open up their minds to what Jesus came to do.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
Matthew 16:21-22, "From that time forth began Jesus to shew unto his disciples, how that he must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised again the third day." Praise Jesus, this is our gospel that we must trust in right? Verse 22..."Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee Lord: this shall not be unto thee." Wow! His closest disciple didn't understand the gospel message that we must trust for salvation. That's because it was hid from Peter.

Luke 24:44-45, "And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me, Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures," The Lord kept it hid from them until after His resurrection. His death, burial and resurrection(our gospel), is not what they were going around preaching.

Did they really go around preaching, "Hey, trust in Jesus because he's going to die on the cross for your sins and be resurrected the third day."

John146

Jan 13, 2016
Dispensationalism is where the erroneous idea of a dual Gospel comes from. John Darby who got the Pre-trib Rapture theory going from the Edward Irving church is who devised Dispensationalism. The dual Gospel idea came of his mis-interpretation of a pre-trib rapture, falsely claiming the Gentile Church is raptured prior to the tribulation while the Jews are left behind, and that the Gentile saints rule with Christ from Heaven while the Jews have their kingdom established on earth. That dispensationalist theory of course is NOT written in God's Word. It is a total fabrication of men.[/QUOTE]

Dispensations were given by God. It's a Bible term.

1 Corinthians 9:17 For if I do this thing willingly, I have a reward: but if against my will, a dispensation [of the gospel] is committed unto me.

Ephesians 1:10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; [even] in him:

Ephesians 3:2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

Colossians 1:25 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;

Everyone on this board who studies the Bible is a dispensationalist in one way or another. God revealed truth to man gradually over the course of human history not all at once. God revealed truth to Adam, but He would reveal more truth to Noah. What He gave Abraham was different than what He gave to Noah. He didn't reveal everything to His disciples while He was with them. After His resurrection, He would reveal more truth, mainly, why the d,b,r happened and man is to trust in that for forgiveness of sins.