Guy wearing Trump MAGA hat refused service at a NYC Village bar.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

Johnjo

I don't drink alcohol but I don't oppose others drinking it responsibly and in moderation.

I'd actually argue against those who object to it if they tried to claim it's Biblically wrong.

To my knowledge, Trump's decision to not drink is based on what he saw happen to his brother as a result of alcohol abuse.
It was a joke, my friend. The bartender probably wasn't even familiar with Trump's take on alcohol.

S

Sully

"A female bartender served Piatek a $15 jalapeño margarita.. "

Ummm, this is a hate crime. :rolleyes:

Dec 1, 2014
sounds like sue bait. He most likely already knew they would not serve him.
And you'd say the exact words with the same nonchalant attitude if your wife was refused service because of her pigmentation.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I don't drink alcohol but I don't oppose others drinking it responsibly and in moderation.

I'd actually argue against those who object to it if they tried to claim it's Biblically wrong.

To my knowledge, Trump's decision to not drink is based on what he saw happen to his brother as a result of alcohol abuse.
That's the reason also that I decide to not drink alcohol, did not want to end up like my brother. I stopped drinking in 1992. Don't miss it.

J

Johnjo

"A female bartender served Piatek a $15 jalapeño margarita.. "

Ummm, this is a hate crime. :rolleyes:
Being refused service at that bar may can save people from bankruptcy.

Jan 24, 2009
Yeah, that's my estimation also.

So we have the case of Barronelle Stutzman, owner of Arlene’s Flowers, who had provided different arrangements for a gay friend for some
10 years.

Then this gay friend asks her to help with wedding flowers for him and his male "fiance".

In your estimation, is that "sue bait" as well? If so, are you bothered by the gay "couple"'s request.

Jan 24, 2009
Problem is that both the Left and the Right are going into whining mode these days.
What would you say is the proper response of the right that wouldn't qualify as "whining"?

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee

So we have the case of Barronelle Stutzman, owner of Arlene’s Flowers, who had provided different arrangements for a gay friend for some
10 years.

Then this gay friend asks her to help with wedding flowers for him and his male "fiance".

In your estimation, is that "sue bait" as well? If so, are you bothered by the gay "couple"'s request.
Not bothered at all about gay couple's request.

Smoke

Oct 27, 2016
I think the whole situation highlights the hypocrisy in politics today. The Left goes nuts and sues when a florist or baker refuses to do business with a homosexual couple for a wedding, yet will refuse to serve someone else based on political leanings.
I completely agree.

People have the right to sue anyone for anything with our current set up. I won't say he doesn't have the right to sue because he was refused service... but I think government should stay out of private business affairs. Allow word-of-mouth to tear down any business that discriminates... not the government's intervention. This applies to the baker who refuses to make a gay cake and the bar owner who refuses to serve Trump supporters. Just my belief anyways.

Smoke

Oct 27, 2016
Problem is that both the Left and the Right are going into whining mode these days.
Yup! While the left and right have opposite stances, many of them are united in wanting the government to step in and take the rights away from the business owners to accommodate their personal views.

Jan 24, 2009
Not bothered at all about gay couple's request.

10 years.

In your estimation, is that "sue bait" as well?

Jan 24, 2009
Yup! While the left and right have opposite stances, many of them are united in wanting the government to step in and take the rights away from the business owners to accommodate their personal views.
Are Muslim and Jewish business owners being forced to provide services that are in conflict with their faith?

Skip to 1:45 in the video

[video=youtube;RgWIhYAtan4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgWIhYAtan4[/video]

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
And you'd say the exact words with the same nonchalant attitude if your wife was refused service because of her pigmentation.
Or the management of the establishment knew the guy was just there to troll them.. would you let someone into your establishment if you knew he came there just to cause trouble?

Smoke

Oct 27, 2016
Are Muslim and Jewish business owners being forced to provide services that are in conflict with their faith?

Skip to 1:45 in the video

[video=youtube;RgWIhYAtan4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgWIhYAtan4[/video]
I've seen this video. My personal belief is that the owners should have the right to refuse service to anyone they see fit.

However, if the government IS going to step in (even though I believe they shouldn't), they ought to be consistent. If they go after a Christian baker for refusing to serve a gay couple, they ought to go after Muslims who refuse the same service. It doesn't make sense that the government (be it federal or state/local) picks and chooses when to intervene.

Jan 24, 2009
I've seen this video. My personal belief is that the owners should have the right to refuse service to anyone they see fit.
I agree, overall.

However, if the government IS going to step in (even though I believe they shouldn't), they ought to be consistent. If they go after a Christian baker for refusing to serve a gay couple, they ought to go after Muslims who refuse the same service. It doesn't make sense that the government (be it federal or state/local) picks and chooses when to intervene.
It's still interesting to me that, although none of the three major religions endorse fake marriage, there is only outrage about Christians who don't comply.

If the words homophobes/bigots/hatemongers are going to be hurled at Christians, they should also be hurled at Jews and Muslims.

Or is that the LBGTQRSUVWXYZ mafia and the American Criminal Liberties Union just trying to destroy Christianity?

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
And you screwed-up by applying your criticism to the wrong post and wrong poster.
nah, I saw what he was doing. No mistake on Dude's part in his post, just in his opinion.

Mar 2, 2016
Or the management of the establishment knew the guy was just there to troll them.. would you let someone into your establishment if you knew he came there just to cause trouble?
With all do respect, it seems you want to do exactly this with immigration from the middle east. Oh the irony.

M

Mooky

nah, I saw what he was doing. No mistake on Dude's part in his post, just in his opinion.
I think Willie was using the same rationale in his post.Pretty clever deflection.:)

Dec 1, 2014
That's not like you to throw someone under the bus like that. The guy is a law abiding citizen who wanted to associate with two friends at this particular establishment but he endured the cynical, twisted, hypocritical wrath of the all loving, open minded left. Remember bro, God is watching.