Guy wearing Trump MAGA hat refused service at a NYC Village bar.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
Or the management of the establishment knew the guy was just there to troll them.. would you let someone into your establishment if you knew he came there just to cause trouble?

We need to consider the "level" of the trouble.

It was a HAT.

Maybe the tolerant left can be mature enough to cope with ONE HAT.

J

Johnjo

It was a HAT.

As for the lawsuit...they hat it coming.

Aug 25, 2016
Myself I wouldn't be in a bar. But if I were to encounter any similar situation I think I would find another place one of more dignity. One not run by children.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011

It was a HAT.

New York was a controversial state in this election... the stop and frisk thing..... he had to have known that most New Yorkers don't like Trump

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
Here’s what happens when you wear a #MAGA hat in NYC

By Dean Balsamini

March 18, 2017 | 7:00pm

Modal Trigger
New York Post reporter Dean Balsamini

In the left-leaning Big Apple, it’s a fashion faux pas more fatal than walking around in sandals with socks, or strapping a fanny pack around your waist: wearing a “Make America Great Again” hat.

To see for myself, I sported the fire-engine-red baseball cap worn by Donald Trump on the campaign trail in liberal gin joints and shops across Manhattan and Brooklyn.
I may as well have been wearing a Red Sox hat at Yankee Stadium.

The mere sight of my cap nearly caused a riot at the historic Stonewall Inn on Christopher Street — site of the 1969 riots that launched the gay rights movement.
“You come into a gay bar — THIS gay bar — with THAT hat!” one woman lectured as a large crowd gathered.
At Soho’s sceney La Esquina, where celebs like Julia Roberts nosh on $26 enchiladas, servers nearly lost their lunch when I showed up.
Modal Trigger
Balsamini speaks with a server at Sylvia’s in Harlem.Angel ChevresttModal Trigger
Inside the Stonewall Inn, the site of the 1969 riots that launched the gay rights movement.Angel ChevresttModal Trigger
Angel Chevrestt

“Oh my God, do you see that? Is he serious? Is he kidding me?” one waiter gasped.
My companion and I were quickly shunted to an out-of-sight table near a back wall.
At Sylvia’s soul food restaurant in Harlem, my server, Patrick Bros, admitted after my meal that he was taken aback by the hat, but figured, “Whatever.”
Nearby, folks were less diplomatic.

“Don’t talk to him!” a man instructed a street vendor as I browsed along 125th Street near the Apollo Theater.
Hipsters and trustafarians along Bedford Avenue in Williamsburg either did a double take, or shot me a death stare or a snarky remark.
“Take off that stupid f—ing hat!” one skinny-jeans wearer sneered.

At high-end chapeau peddler Goorin Bros., I overheard a salesman tell his colleague, “I’m losing my sh–!” as I walked in. When I asked him to hold my hat while I admired a fedora, he grimaced.
“I’m surprised nobody’s knocked that hat off your head!” a mother of two scolded me as we crossed paths along Central Park West and 63rd Street. “Make America Great Again — right!”

On the sidewalk near Lincoln Center, I spotted comedian Chris Rock and asked him to join me in a selfie. He raised his palm, and kept on walking

In the left-leaning Big Apple, it’s a fashion faux pas more fatal than walking around in sandals with socks, or strapping a fanny pack around your waist: wearing a “Make America Great Again” hat.
To see for myself, I sported the fire-engine-red baseball cap worn by Donald Trump on the campaign trail in liberal gin joints and shops across Manhattan and Brooklyn.
The mere sight of my cap nearly caused a riot at the historic Stonewall Inn on Christopher Street — site of the 1969 riots that launched the gay rights movement.
“You come into a gay bar — THIS gay bar — with THAT hat!” one woman lectured as a large crowd gathered.
At Soho’s sceney La Esquina, where celebs like Julia Roberts nosh on $26 enchiladas, servers nearly lost their lunch when I showed up.
Modal Trigger
Balsamini speaks with a server at Sylvia’s in Harlem.Angel ChevresttModal Trigger
Inside the Stonewall Inn, the site of the 1969 riots that launched the gay rights movement.Angel ChevresttModal Trigger
Angel Chevrestt“Oh my God, do you see that? Is he serious? Is he kidding me?” one waiter gasped.
My companion and I were quickly shunted to an out-of-sight table near a back wall.
At Sylvia’s soul food restaurant in Harlem, my server, Patrick Bros, admitted after my meal that he was taken aback by the hat, but figured, “Whatever.”
“Don’t talk to him!” a man instructed a street vendor as I browsed along 125th Street near the Apollo Theater.
Hipsters and trustafarians along Bedford Avenue in Williamsburg either did a double take, or shot me a death stare or a snarky remark.
At high-end chapeau peddler Goorin Bros., I overheard a salesman tell his colleague, “I’m losing my sh–!” as I walked in. When I asked him to hold my hat while I admired a fedora, he grimaced.
“I’m surprised nobody’s knocked that hat off your head!” a mother of two scolded me as we crossed paths along Central Park West and 63rd Street. “Make America Great Again — right!”
On the sidewalk near Lincoln Center, I spotted comedian Chris Rock and asked him to join me in a selfie. He raised his palm, and kept on walking

Here’s what happens when you wear a #MAGA hat in NYC

By Dean Balsamini

March 18, 2017 | 7:00pm

Modal Trigger
New York Post reporter Dean BalsaminiJohn Curtis Rice

SEE ALSO

I made $150 just by wearing a Trump hat

Modal Trigger
Angel Chevrestt“Oh my God, do you see that? Is he serious? Is he kidding me?” one waiter gasped.
“I’m surprised nobody’s knocked that hat off your head!” a mother of two scolded me as we crossed paths along Central Par

Last edited:

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
I wonder why New York doesn't like Trump... houses back in the fact that his family is costing the city of million dollars a day might have something to do with it

S

Sully

I wonder why New York doesn't like Trump... houses back in the fact that his family is costing the city of million dollars a day might have something to do with it
Who exactly is it costing?

Feb 28, 2016
left wing or right, only One is True, we must follow The Light to bring us through...

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013

68% of registered voters in NYC are Democrats.

There's no mystery here.

Mar 2, 2016
Which brings me back to my sue bait theory.
Well.....I guess if people are dumb enough to assault a guy over a hat, I don't see any problem with them learning a lesson by being separated from a substantial sum of money.

S

Sully

Well.....I guess if people are dumb enough to assault a guy over a hat, I don't see any problem with them learning a lesson by being separated from a substantial sum of money.
We already found a way out of any nefarious behavior Sirk, they just need to say they temporarily identified with the left the same way a man/woman one day realizes they are a tree. The next day they were back to normal, case closed. :rolleyes:

Mar 2, 2016
We already found a way out of any nefarious behavior Sirk, they just need to say they temporarily identified with the left the same way a man/woman one day realizes they are a tree. The next day they were back to normal, case closed. :rolleyes:

Pretty soon they're gonna start doing psychoanalysis in reverse.......I'm sorry sir...but you're too sane to identify as a woman married to your pet tarantula Bob.

S

Sully

You, yes you! Stand still laddie!

[video=youtube;qs35t2xFqdU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qs35t2xFqdU[/video]

Mar 2, 2016
You, yes you! Stand still laddie!

[video=youtube;qs35t2xFqdU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qs35t2xFqdU[/video]
This may be the greatest song ever written. The whole album really.

Too bad Roger Waters is a hard left winger. Not sure about Gilmour. Never have really heard him comment on politics or say that he hates Israel.

J

Johnjo

Why don't we get us a tree hugger club here at cc? We should not be discriminating people believing they are trees or kin to trees.

The Constitution is silent on trees civil rights? Looking at society now....would never had guessed...

S

Sully

Why don't we get us a tree hugger club here at cc? We should not be discriminating people believing they are trees or kin to trees.

The Constitution is silent on trees civil rights? Looking at society now....would never had guessed...
Gonna have to find a song about trees...Hmmmm....Where could I find such a masterpiece?..