Halloween, do you celebrate it or not?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Socreta93

Jul 28, 2015
There is a big debate and half the Christians are divided on this issue. Half are totally against it and seed it as the Devils day while the others think it's s fun day to hang out with your kids.

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017
Christians are divided on lots of issues - may as well include Holloween.........leave no turn unstoned

M

MrChris

There is a big debate and half the Christians are divided on this issue. Half are totally against it and seed it as the Devils day while the others think it's s fun day to hang out with your kids.
Halloween didn't really catch on in Australia. So what kind of opinion can I have really.

Yonah

Oct 31, 2014
Rom 14:5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

Y

Yahweh_is_gracious

Nope. It's just another day on the calendar.

D

Depleted

'fess up. Are you asking to get a reaction out of Blue Ladybug? lol

OneFaith

Sep 5, 2016
I don't like Halloween, but I like to decorate for Autumn.

J

joefizz

Well it is a holiday from ireland that is based on pleasing the dead,so it's a bit silly in that regard but if one seeks to celebrate it as I have just for fun and Candy,then I would advise everyone to stick together when out on Halloween night and that it's probably best to go to houses of people that your family "knows" from social interaction,because though some people are ok with the holiday some people instead get aggravated and hateful with the holiday,so always be mindful of where you go for taking part in Halloween,who you seek out for candy,and be sure to not get lost or leave a child you are with by themselves,because there is always the possibility of adults preying on children,so be smart and be safe if you choose to take part in Halloween,it can be fun but it has it's dangers,on that note I don't mind going trick or treating with family kids but I prefer having a person in the family nearby with a car in case of some sort of danger,and multiple adults with me depending on how many children we have with us so as to keep an eye on the kids so they "don't run off" without someone in the family noticing,because if a kid goes out into the streets with other kids since they are all wearing costumes that could be the same it's not impossible to "lose track of a child" so again one "must be vigilant at all times during Halloween" unless you go to a place such as a church for trunk or treat or a Halloween party because then it is less likely for a child to get lost and easier to keep an eye on them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Huckleberry

Aug 25, 2013
Celebrate? No.
Participate? Yes.
Do you "celebrate" Valentine's Day?
No, you suck it up and come to grips with the fact that you're
gonna drop a couple hundred bucks on flowers, candy, and dinner.
On Halloween you suck it up and let the kids have some fun.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
I do not celebrate that wiccan festival.. Let the pagans have their days...

Jan 24, 2009
I think this year I will celebrate it by sitting down and having myself a chocolate bar...or chocolate in some form...that I will likely have purchased somewhere.

Maybe I'll dress up as Yoda before I sit down.

Did he like chocolate? :confused:

U

Ugly

Celebrate? No. Do I have a problem if others do? No.
If you think it's wrong then perhaps, for you, it is. But your conviction isn't truth for everyone. Funny how few people remember that part of the bible and decide their conviction is the only one that's right.

Dec 28, 2016
Yes I celebrate Halloween. I love it so much, I keep my mask on year round...

CherieR

May 6, 2017
I don't dress up anymore for Halloween, but I like to give out candy.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Half are totally against it and seed it as the Devils day...
Just like any other pagan festival, Halloween is not something for Christians to be involved with, so it is in fact "the Devil's day".