Has Anyone Ever Been This Hard Hearted?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

sensitive

I read the lyrics to this song:

Before you read them, let me explain. I don't want to be lukewarm. I don't want to lose the joy of my salvation. Has anyone ever experienced the dryness and jadedness that this song represents? If so we need revival. I just recently got revived after realising I had come to this point as described in this song. It is a terrible place for a Christian to get into.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]It's another good-to-see-you Sunday morning
Oh, I hardly hear the words roll off my tongue
Looking in myself for signs of something
That's long gone
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Oh, I stumble through a verse that says You love me
As the voices echo my thoughts drift away
And I close my eyes ashamed I'm feelin' nothing
I pray
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]CHORUS
Heal me
Heal these eyes
Heal this heart
Heal my mind
Breathe Your breath of life
Heal me
Wake my soul
From this sleep
Give me back the joy
Of when I first believed
Heal me
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Oh, I lose myself to one more day's indifference
When my eyes are everywhere but fixed on You
I don't have the strength to overcome this distance
But You do
You do
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]CHORUS [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I don't wanna waste another minute
Takin' all Your love for granted
I just wanna feel Your Holy Spirit
Rushing over me
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]CHORUS[/FONT]

C

charisenexcelcis

I read the lyrics to this song:

Before you read them, let me explain. I don't want to be lukewarm. I don't want to lose the joy of my salvation. Has anyone ever experienced the dryness and jadedness that this song represents? If so we need revival. I just recently got revived after realising I had come to this point as described in this song. It is a terrible place for a Christian to get into.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]It's another good-to-see-you Sunday morning [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Oh, I hardly hear the words roll off my tongue [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Looking in myself for signs of something [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]That's long gone [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Oh, I stumble through a verse that says You love me [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]As the voices echo my thoughts drift away [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]And I close my eyes ashamed I'm feelin' nothing [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I pray [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Heal me [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Heal these eyes [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Heal this heart [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Heal my mind [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Breathe Your breath of life [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Wake my soul [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]From this sleep [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Give me back the joy [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Of when I first believed [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Oh, I lose myself to one more day's indifference [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]When my eyes are everywhere but fixed on You [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I don't have the strength to overcome this distance [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]But You do [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]You do [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]CHORUS [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I don't wanna waste another minute [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Takin' all Your love for granted [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I just wanna feel Your Holy Spirit [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Rushing over me [/FONT]
Very beautiful.

May 21, 2009
I didn't understand where the hard hearted part was?

S

sensitive

That's long gone

Oh, I stumble through a verse that says You love me

That is the part where you know the heart is in a bad spiritual condition

Y

yahweh_is4me

That's long gone

Yes I have to be honest yes I have , but God always has a way of making a way of breaking our heard hardheartedness if that is word lol .... God Bless

Feb 9, 2010
The lukewarm church that is described in Revelation is also a prophesy of the end time Church.

People are growing up with America and other countries that are more involved with fleshy pleasures and materialism and money than at any other time in history,so the hypocrites will appear to be more hypocritical than at any other time,as they want to enjoy fleshy pleasures and material things and money and still live for God.

11There is a generation that curseth their father, and doth not bless their mother.
12There is a generation that are pure in their own eyes, and yet is not washed from their filthiness.
13There is a generation, O how lofty are their eyes! and their eyelids are lifted up.
14There is a generation, whose teeth are as swords, and their jaw teeth as knives, to devour the poor from off the earth, and the needy from among men(Proverbs 30:11-14).

This is the last generation before Jesus takes over the earth.

They will not want to listen to their parents and they will be highly selfish and arrogant and will love money to the extreme of loving money.

They will be pure in their own eyes but not washed away from their filthiness.

The last generation will be unlike any generation before it and will produce many lukewarm people claiming to be with Christ and is the prophesy of the end time church in which many will be lukewarm.

They will think that living for God is material and financial gain when God blesses with food and clothing,and spiritual salvation,our needs,not our wants.

The Bible says some people think that godliness is gain.
That is the attitude of a lot of people at the end time church,the lukewarm period.

Matt

C

charisenexcelcis

It reminds me of this line: "What can be done for a hard heart like mine, soften it up with oil and wine. The oil is your, your spirit of love. so wash me anew in the wine of your blood."

J

JClover

I like that the songwriter recognized thier indifference - guess maybe that means they weren't really hardhearted - just becoming complacent and called themselves on it.
It is hard to be "on fire" for Jesus ALL the time - although I wish I could be. That desn't mean that I'm not a surrendered and willing servant - just that I'm forgetting the AWSOMENESS that is our God and to be blown away by it - lol.

S

sensitive

I got to a point in my life where I had lost the joy of my salvation and I realised I had become jaded, hard hearted just like the words in that song. Just recently I got back to Jesus again. It is a terrible place to be in your walk with lord, not happy, jaded and hard hearted. I asked God to revive me and I became conscious of the state of my spiritual being. I had to do this more than once, as it did not happen over night.

C

charisenexcelcis

I got to a point in my life where I had lost the joy of my salvation and I realised I had become jaded, hard hearted just like the words in that song. Just recently I got back to Jesus again. It is a terrible place to be in your walk with lord, not happy, jaded and hard hearted. I asked God to revive me and I became conscious of the state of my spiritual being. I had to do this more than once, as it did not happen over night.
Revive us, O Lord, and restore Your joy and peace to us!

Minky

Aug 2, 2010
I am in that place you describe right now. I know if I hadn't had such an amazing holy spirit experience when I first came to Christ, I would not know how to handle this. I still have faith and hope but joy eludes me, the spark is not there anymore.

S

sensitive

Minky I believe that is what the Bible is warning us about when it talks about becoming lukewarm, apathetic, complacent. It happens slowly. The only solution I know is getting away, alone, just you and God and confessing it to Him. Admitting, I am lukewarm, I am hard hearted, I have become jaded, I am no longer child like in my faith. God help me! I had to do that several times before the joy of my salvation was returned to me again. I had gotten so bad that I no longer enjoyed praise and worship songs and I used to just love, love, love particular songs. That is when I knew I was in trouble. I need revival. Admitting there is a problem is the first step. For me personally I know what caused my lukewarmness. I got mad at God when bad things happened. I actually began toblame the wrong person for my troubles. I blamed God. The bible tells us the thief comes to kill, steal and destroy. Somehow I got it all mixed up in my head and thought that it was coming from God. It is a trap from the enemy. Jesus tells us to return to our first love. I realised for me I needed to return to my first love that I had lost it. It only takes a split second. The blink of an eye. One day I was all alone and I got down on my knees and said, "God I need you, I am hard hearted, please revive me again." It did not happen in a split second. I began to notice subtle changes in my attitudes.

L

Logos57

Great Post Sensitive, I will be praying for you Minky.

But remember David's prayer after he had committed adultery and them killed a man outright:
Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.
Psalms 51:12

May 21, 2009
That's long gone

Ok I guess I seen the part where they seen the love. But I seen where they were praying all the right things. Then I guess I went to they will be just fine.