Has God ever asked you guys to get into a leap of faith like situation?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 4, 2009
I think God is putting me in one right now. I'm going to a apply for job that I really want(It's still in the area of a job where I can realistically get) but... My dad told me to not put that I was working at Mc Donalds(Which is the only job I've had, and I was let go from). I think God is convicting me into putting in the fact that I worked at Mc Donalds. What do you guys think?

Also please pray I get that job I want.

Last edited:

wattie

Feb 24, 2009
New Zealand
Well a little experience working is better than none I would have thought. An employer that sees McDs on the resume shouldn't consider that as a negative.

G

greatkraw

Know the truth and the truth shall set you free.

God opens doors and closes doors.

You Dad is very protective but is is time you started being independant in thought.

If you peel the onion of your father's motives his advice is caused by a type of fear.

Jesus Christ died on the cross for your fear.

The real issue is, if they ask how you came to leave MacDonalds.

You are entitled to put it in as positive a light as possible without actually deceiving anyone.

The real question will be, what did you learn from the experience.

Apart from that you need to sell the concept that this is your chosen career path and you are determined to succeed.

Sit down and ask yourself what your positive personality attributes are; write them down.

Heare are a few ideas......
Flexibility, Commitment, Maturity, Respect for Deadlines, Reliable Team Member, Hard Worker, Self Starter, Quick Grasp of Requirements, Tenacious, Methodical, Fast Learner, Good Communicator, Able to take the Initiative

P

Phoenix

"Jesus Christ died on the Cross for your fear"?
really? what scripture is that?
Cause i remember that He did not die for fear but to take upon the Wrath Of God for our sins.

D

Definition_Christ

And fear is not trusting in God, which would be a sin.

Romans 14:23
But he who doubts is condemned if he eats, because he does not eat from faith; for whatever is not from faith is sin.

May 21, 2009
Make your faith come alive...Tell God thank you I got the job before you put the app.

G

greatkraw

You show me someone with psychological difficulties and I will show you someone who is trying to deal with guilt and or fear.

Jesus Christ died on the cross for our guilt and fear ('......fear not.....fret not.....worry not.....')

The only healthy way of dealing with these things is through Christ.

The other issue people have is depression, this can be caused by guilt or fear or ingratitude.

Did you know that guilt is different from shame?

Guilt is when we let someone else down. Shame is when we let ourselves down.
Jesus died for our guilt not for our shame. The only cure for shame is to forgive ourselves. People who choose not to do that have their own difficulties.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Yes, many times, even everyday. Sometimes big leaps and some small. Each leap has g;orified God.
God bless, pickles

K

KIT1776

"God has not given to us a spirit of fear, but of power, love, and a sound mind"

K

KIT1776

"fear is not of God, but has to do with jugment, the one who fears does not know God"

K

KIT1776

"if anyone needs wisdom, let him ask of God, and it will be given to him; BUT LEt HIM ASK WITHOUT ANY DOUBTING,,,,,LET NOT THAT DOUBTS THINK THAT HE SHALL RECEIVE ANYTHING BEING A DOUBLEMINDED MAN." JAMES 1

May 4, 2009
So basically, I should do what I think God is telling me and just have faith? I haven't gotten any other answers on this thing.

D

Definition_Christ

Romans 5
1 Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,
2 through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
3 And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance;
4 and perseverance, character; and character, hope.
5 Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.

6 For when we were still without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.
7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die; yet perhaps for a good man someone would even dare to die.
8 But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
9 Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him.
10 For if when we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life.
11 And not only that, but we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received the reconciliation.

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2009
follow God....i left behind a very good education in the world of business and a much higher salary to pursue youth ministry and social services....

if you don't list a job, you'll have to explain a gap in employment...so might as well list the position and the positive work experiences you've gained from it....

Status
Not open for further replies.