having a trial right now

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
caught a bad cold, off work for a week
planed a getaway with friends since last year and now nobody can go
then found out I havent been paid in one job since Feb

and I know getting back to work after a week off where I still havent got paid, there will be MORE work to catch up on

on the bright side, there is still plenty of toilet paper.

But I just dont have the energy for anything right now. If I go visit the doctor, she just gets me to do MORE tests.

And why is it when you fall ill, some people are really nice but some people are like its all your fault for being sick. Why would you expect a sick person have the energy to drag themselves to the doctor in the first place and fix their own medicines. And why would you expect them to go to work, go to meetings. and do everything to spread it round even more.

sorry Lord just having a trial, which could have been prevented had the school turned on the heating on that day that was so freezing everyone was in puffy jackets all day and now half the staff are sick.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
thank you for prayers
I did go to doc and taking the medicine just wish this headache would leave
sniff ugh

I read all my library books...was meant to start new bookathon this month for children and had evrything prepared but this week been a washout and cancel about 5 meetings (not that I love meetings all the time but when you unwell you just cant do stuff) some with friends i hadnt seen in years.

with the bookathon I am actually meant to fundraise for blind and low vision children and now I cant even donate myself any money!

its no even covid its just a regular cold, I supoose must be thankful for small mercies

another librarian said that her job was like being on a hamster wheel and then I thought why do hamsters even need wheels well they stuck inside cages thats why.

de-emerald

May 8, 2021
Gracious and holy father we come befor you with our friend lanlolin in christ and ask that you send some healing light to heal his head ache
We also ask that you take care of the other problrms he been asking.
Thankyou and amen

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
thank you Lord
my pay is sorted now

the getaway I dont know if will ever happen, everyones schedules are so conflicting. How hard can it be just to have a break. Or even a day trip.

and by break I mean one not spent at home nursing a cold.

levi85

Jul 2, 2013
Lord bless, Lanolin, and this prayer request, Lord heal and bless
Lanolin
with a good health, also Lord please let Lanolin
be paid soon for work done. Lord bless Lanolin in this matter, and you be glorified, in Jesus precious name, Amen!

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
thanks for prayers...well Im going back to work tomorrow
Im still not a hundred percent but, I cant afford any more sick leave so I think I will get through the day, just have to keep warm thats all. Buy cough lozenges and suck them all day and other items I have run out of since havent done shopping for a couple of weeks and my washing is all wet still.

But Im sure a lot of the teachers are in the same boat and the kids.

I was down to my last book is John Grisham scraping the bottom of the barrel?
Things could be worse, like in this book called the Painted House the characters spend six weeks picking cotton battling the heat, rain and fatigue and sometimes each other.

we cant grow cotton here its too cold and wet, but my trial seems rather tame in comparison. Although I am a bit miffed that I cant even GET to the community garden to harvest my radishes, which some of the other gardeners were very unhappy that I dared plant them.

JesusWhereRU

Apr 16, 2021
caught a bad cold, off work for a week
planed a getaway with friends since last year and now nobody can go
then found out I havent been paid in one job since Feb

and I know getting back to work after a week off where I still havent got paid, there will be MORE work to catch up on

on the bright side, there is still plenty of toilet paper.

But I just dont have the energy for anything right now. If I go visit the doctor, she just gets me to do MORE tests.

And why is it when you fall ill, some people are really nice but some people are like its all your fault for being sick. Why would you expect a sick person have the energy to drag themselves to the doctor in the first place and fix their own medicines. And why would you expect them to go to work, go to meetings. and do everything to spread it round even more.

sorry Lord just having a trial, which could have been prevented had the school turned on the heating on that day that was so freezing everyone was in puffy jackets all day and now half the staff are sick.
I don't have time to read all this but maybe half

It's scary how little charity there is in the world these days... that's why i look back to the 50s... why i like the Andy Griffith show and other old shows..

In those days, cancelling others was unknown..

nowadays hate rules... except you can't hate a Black person.. even a shakedown artist like ... well, that so called pastor... can't recall his name.. oh, Sharpton... nope, can't say anything negative about a Black person whether its true or not... or a gay person...

Christians... ??

open season

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
I don't have time to read all this but maybe half

It's scary how little charity there is in the world these days... that's why i look back to the 50s... why i like the Andy Griffith show and other old shows..

In those days, cancelling others was unknown..

nowadays hate rules... except you can't hate a Black person.. even a shakedown artist like ... well, that so called pastor... can't recall his name.. oh, Sharpton... nope, can't say anything negative about a Black person whether its true or not... or a gay person...

Christians... ??

open season
We should be expecting this. We are in the last days. The love of most has grown cold. I'm 70. The generation before me was much kinder, noble. willing to sacrifice for friends, family and country. Most of that generation had Christian principles and attitudes. (I speak of English speaking cultures). There was far less confusion. People had a lot less materially to grasp at or covet. The real rot started in the 60's. "Do your own thing" became the principle for a generation, the drug culture grew massively and rebellion became the norm.

Now evil (homosexuality, lies, deception, selfishness, violent protest etc) is called good and good (any protest against evil, anything conservative, common sense and reason) is called evil. For sure there never were any good old days. There have been terrible times in the past. Some good has come. Someone who once would have been a slave became president of the USA. The wickedness is that this is ignored by those with a vested interest in destroying Christianity.

BLM was founded by a self confessed Marxist. Their public statements were to the effect that Christian morality is wrong. BLM is just a vehicle for oppressing Christians. Authoritarianism is on the rise world wide and the younger generation does not care. Climate change is just smokescreen for ignorant, belligerent children to vent at authority and for businesses to make a whole lot of money out of nothing. Finally, governments have found a way to tax the air we breath. That's why they call it a carbon tax instead of carbon dioxide. It's not more carbon than water is hydrogen. But, never let facts and truth become between a government and your money. I'm 70. I believe that the world system is under God's judgement. COVID is a part of that. So is the change in weather patterns. I don't know if I will live to see the day when the Kingdoms of the world becomes the Kingdom of our God and of His Christ. I hope so!

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
my personal trial is over but my school children are having another one where they are going to this book battle between other schools. They need to answer questions to win books and a trophy for their school.

we had prayer for our team that God will give us wisdom so that we can win the books. of course they are reading up on the required books too.

I dont know if its covetous to particpate in competitions like this but books are not free for schools....we dont have much budget left to buy any more new ones. And we do need new ones each year because new ones are published all the time, and also to replace old, worn copies. Every year I need to propose a budget for books as it is never guaranteed that the library will have enough, Im often afraid it will get taken away and spent on other things or library will be closed down as has happened in some other schools.

the battle is being kindly sponsored by a real estate agent and is run by librarians. Even if we dont win anything I guess the experience will be good for the children. These children dont expect everything to be just given because they have never had much in the first place. Thankfully this year we had copies of all the books that were required reading.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Praise report...! we won a prize in the lucky draw!
We didnt get a place in the rankings but the children all had a great time anyway

as for Bookathon...I reached my target! Even mum sponsored me when I didnt think she would.

Hooray! I hope I get to see my friend at some stage, she started a new job and so its hard to catch her on days off. But some other friends have made a plan in the holidays to have a day out. Just a day out together will be fine.

Thank you for prayers...we are celebrating new year here and I really want my mum to come to this breakfast they are putting on in school, but as usual she hasnt said a definite yes. The Principal is concerned about declining attendance and I think its cos parents are finding it difficult to send children to school. Especially with colds going round but they dont let the school know.

So they are making these fridge magnets trying to get easier contact with the parents. I think if they had a txt form or something saying reasons for absent then it would make it easier.

Like...my child cant make it to school because
a) he or she is unwell
b) he or she is needed at home
c) transport problems
d) we are going through a trial!