heap coals on our enemy

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Reciently we have spoken alot about sin and evil and enemies. Some say God's wrath is the answer, others condemnation. We all agree about forgiveness. But what do you think that Jesus wants us to pray for our enemies?
Reciently I have seen through scripture and the witness of some that God wants us not only to pray for our enemies and those that have harmed us. But to pray that God blesses them. I was a little hesatent on the blessing part but soon could see that the best way to heap coals and convict someone is to bless their lives. Now I know God Our father has to get roudy on many and make things difficult for some, in order to get their attention. But Im beginning to see how forgiving and blessing them can work. When things go bad many just want to continue to blame and be mad. But if that person was to be covered in blessings, maby they would be convicted by God's love. I guess it all comes down to God Our Fathers widom, but praying good for the offender seems to be more Christ like than praying hot coals.
So share what you think as I really would like to hear.
God bless, pickles

G

greatkraw

I like imagining Mahogany Snail under a pile of hot coals.

You mean, now I gotta do the other thing?

May 21, 2009
Pickles
Remember how in the bible it talks of God and it says he is fire. A consuming fire. The hot coals are the love of God. So back in those days they said hot coals. In our days we would say the love of God to touch the person so the person can know our God.
To get rid of hate in our hearts if we could really want goodness to come to a person who has hurt us then we have victory.

S

sunshine_debbie

Reciently we have spoken alot about sin and evil and enemies. Some say God's wrath is the answer, others condemnation. We all agree about forgiveness. But what do you think that Jesus wants us to pray for our enemies?
Reciently I have seen through scripture and the witness of some that God wants us not only to pray for our enemies and those that have harmed us. But to pray that God blesses them. I was a little hesatent on the blessing part but soon could see that the best way to heap coals and convict someone is to bless their lives. Now I know God Our father has to get roudy on many and make things difficult for some, in order to get their attention. But Im beginning to see how forgiving and blessing them can work. When things go bad many just want to continue to blame and be mad. But if that person was to be covered in blessings, maby they would be convicted by God's love. I guess it all comes down to God Our Fathers widom, but praying good for the offender seems to be more Christ like than praying hot coals.
So share what you think as I really would like to hear.
God bless, pickles

I think that you are very wise, and that praying for showers of blessings on others who are probably not very nice to us, is probably the nicest thing I have heard in a long time. But I have come to expect things like this from you. God bless

Debbie

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
I think that you are very wise, and that praying for showers of blessings on others who are probably not very nice to us, is probably the nicest thing I have heard in a long time. But I have come to expect things like this from you. God bless

Debbie
Thanks Debbie, I know that it seems to contradict the norm. but after listening to the testamony of several nd how God worked in their lives . I am beginning to see that God Our Father knows the hearts of all and that one size does not fit all.
Except for the one truth, His Son Our Lord and savior, Jesus Christ
God bless , pickles

PS, sometimes the hottest coals are the blessings!

Dec 21, 2009
We only have ONE enemy
Satan and his fallen angels
as far as people are concerned
they should NEVER EVER EVER be considered as an enemy
they are only controlled by the means they serve
NEVER hate the individual
ONLY the evil behind the intention

Jan 8, 2009
Thankyou joint-heir, that's something Greatkraw needs to learn.

G

greatkraw

Thankyou joint-heir, that's something Greatkraw needs to learn.
I have more affection for you now snail than I did then

but I still refuse to reign in my unique humour

btw OSAS=true:D

H

hospitalitylady

forgive me but this has nothing to do with what you wrote. I have been trying to enter the Christian Chat and can't because i am so lousy at computers. Could you post this for me? Google: Hospitality in a Nut Roll by Rebeca Freytes Chico DePra. Clikc on World Magazine Notable Books. you can add how the Lord used me...a broken vessel, to accomplish what i thought could not be done...to write a book carrying the message of hospitality to show Jesus' love. Thank you so much....In Christ's love, hospitalitylady

wattie

Feb 24, 2009
New Zealand
Yeah I can't remember what verses support this but when we do give someone grace and love who is persecuting or being angry with us.. it is like heaping coals on them. There anger isn't being met with what they want and their own behaviour becomes their responsibility and not the accused or condemned. They become convicted by their own anger or condemnation.

God works this way with our sin, where after our salvation and we mess up, He gives us grace and love to allow the sin to become our responsibility to flee from... to convict us. The condemnation we have for ourselves is met by grace and love from God.. and so the folly of our behaviour is reflected back at us by God

S

songster

I believe that Jesus wants us to pray forgiveness, speak blessings over their lives, and also pray that they would come to repentance, so that their sins would be forgiven and that they might begin a relationship with God, through Jesus Christ.

In Luke 6:28, it states, Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.

We have both enemies of flesh and enemies of spirit, but we are only expected to forgive, pray for, and bless, those that are of flesh. As Christians, Love is to be at the root of all we do in this world. When the word of God encourages us to bless our enemies, this is not simply an instruction to speak blessings, but also to meet the needs of our enemies, when possible. We find an example of this in Romans 12:20 ...

If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head."

When possible, we are not only to reflect the love of God through our prayers, through forgiveness, and with our words, but also to demonstrate that love through acts of kindness.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.