Heaven

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 19, 2009
From that time Jesus began to preach, saying, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand." Matt 4:17 RSV

I think Jesus is saying that heaven is the transformation that takes place in our lives when we repent of our sin.

We will know as soon as we repent of our sin.

M

MaggieMye

No, we enter into the kingdom, which is ALWAYS near us, when we become Born again. Repentence is PART of becoming born again. Heaven is a SPIRITUAL REALM that is parallell to our natural realm of exsistance.

Maggie

Dec 19, 2009
No, we enter into the kingdom, which is ALWAYS near us, when we become Born again. Repentence is PART of becoming born again. Heaven is a SPIRITUAL REALM that is parallell to our natural realm of exsistance.

Maggie
I think becoming born again precedes repentance. After we start getting to know the Lord, he shows us our sin. When we repent of that sin, we enter the Kingdom of God.

I

Israel

I think it is both

John 3:36

36He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

We must be transformed by the renewing of our minds. Those that have unergone this transformation has life eternal. They can "see" it. This life brings peace and heaven in the mind of the individual knowing, with a certainty that he is sealed.

M

MaggieMye

When on is born again, all is made clean and washed. Sins are forgiven and forgotten. It is at this time that one repents...chooses to NOT do those sins again...changes their thinking. It is part of the process of becoming born again.

G

Graybeard

I think Jesus is saying that heaven is the transformation that takes place in our lives when we repent of our sin.

We will know as soon as we repent of our sin.
I find it strange that you do not believe that Heaven is a real place.....and it is nowhere here on earth...

C

Crazy4GODword

For Jesus did say about heaven "You can't say it is here or over there but within you"

it might be within you and the good that is in your life might be that joy and peace and everything that is good and right that you desired is in your heart that you want might come about and Jesus did say "Where your treasure is your heart will be there to". maybe everything that you did wicked for life in side you are cruel to yourself. And He does sit in throne of your life not you no more.

But again Jesus did say He will judge the good from the bad or the sheep and the goats.
And He does talk about heaven in ways in a place of form of something. maybe when He says "the kingdom of GOD is within you" He might of been talking about what you are doing from the inside out in to determine you going to heaven or not, or within as a dimension because like again He says "You can't say it is here or over there but within you", so it could be a dimension. plus the resurrection and us leaving earth and Jesus coming from Heaven to earth and GOD created the heaven and earth.

I should study on that unless you know, if so please tell me........

We will find out at the end!!!!!

Feb 9, 2010
20And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:
21Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you(Luke 17:20-21).

The kingdom of God is the Church,which Jesus is the head and we are part of the body.When we receive the Spirit,the kingdom of God is within us,and we are part of the kingdom of God while on earth.

The Bible says the Son shall deliver up the kingdom to the Father,so when Jesus comes for His saints,that is the kingdom.

16The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God(Romans 8:16).

We will know that we are the children of God,for the Spirit will relate that to us,so we will be assured we are God's children,which Jesus said that He will never leave us or forsake us.If we have the Spirit we will know that we belong to the kingdom.

1Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen(Hebrews 11:1).

If we have true faith,it is the evidence of the kingdom of God that we cannot see,for the Spirit will show us evidence of the invisible kingdom.

May 21, 2009
The kingdom of heaven is being so full of happiness at times you think you could bust wide open your feel so wonderful. The kingdom of heaven is the whole world could be falling apart all around you and you know your on the way to heaven and God loves you and no trouble will get you down. Glorious feeling so astounding you can't explain them. Thats where we are all to be. Now right now on earth. Having peace, joy, love and just being alright in any time. All of this is for us when we learn it long before the final heaven.