Hebrews 1: The Son, God Manifested in the Flesh...Verbal Study

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

cfultz3

I will use the Textus Receptus for translating. Comments and suggestions are most welcome. This study is not for or against any particular opinion of theology, but is, in all possibilities, meant for a study of verb tense so that we all could learn more about God's written word. Keeping this in mind, I am asking that this does not become a thread for debate. I do ask that if you are to comment that you stay within the same chapter and comment on one verse at a time so that we can learn more easily. Thank you.

Again, you can copy and paste this study into E-Sword.

Heb 1:1 πολυμερωςG4181 ADV - (at different times (variously as to time and agency)) καιG2532 CONJ - (and) πολυτροπωςG4187 ADV - (in different manners (variously as to method or form)) παλαιG3819 ADV - (formerly) ο θεοςG2316 N-NSM - (the God) λαλησαςG2980 V-AAP-NSM - (having spoken) τοις πατρασινG3962 N-DPM - (unto the fathers) ενG1722 PREP - (by (instrumentality)) τοις προφηταιςG4396 N-DPM - (the prophets)
Heb 1:1 God, having formerly spoken to the fathers by (instrumentality) the prophets at different times (variously as to time and agency) and in different manners (variously as to method or form),

Heb 1:1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

Notes:

Everything spoken and the method by which those words were spoken by the prophets were the words and methods of God, as though God Himself performed it. What really needs to be taken from this verse is that simply word 'by' which implies 'the means, the agency used to perform an action' . They, as well as we are now, were vessels used to convey God's communication to groups of people, even individuals. They, as we are partakers of His holiness (saints), were holy men of God who spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit. Scripture tells us that it is the Holy Spirit who uses our mouths to speak God's words. And in this day and age, we can very well add, "God speaks by us through the keyboard." Therefore, be careful when you speak either by mouth or keyboard, allow God His Voice, silencing your own thoughts.

G

GreenNnice

I will use the Textus Receptus for translating. Comments and suggestions are most welcome. This study is not for or against any particular opinion of theology, but is, in all possibilities, meant for a study of verb tense so that we all could learn more about God's written word. Keeping this in mind, I am asking that this does not become a thread for debate. I do ask that if you are to comment that you stay within the same chapter and comment on one verse at a time so that we can learn more easily. Thank you.

Again, you can copy and paste this study into E-Sword.

Heb 1:1 God, having formerly spoken to the fathers by (instrumentality) the prophets at different times (variously as to time and agency) and in different manners (variously as to method or form),

Heb 1:1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

Notes:

Everything spoken and the method by which those words were spoken by the prophets were the words and methods of God, as though God Himself performed it. What really needs to be taken from this verse is that simply word 'by' which implies 'the means, the agency used to perform an action' . They, as well as we are now, were vessels used to convey God's communication to groups of people, even individuals. They, as we are partakers of His holiness (saints), were holy men of God who spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit. Scripture tells us that it is the Holy Spirit who uses our mouths to speak God's words. And in this day and age, we can very well add, "God speaks by us through the keyboard." Therefore, be careful when you speak either by mouth or keyboard, allow God His Voice, silencing your own thoughts.
______
God spoke to prophets in varied means, cee summarized this powerful delivery of God's own given information to prophets through diverse, varied means. It is all about God's manner and method of speech messages for men, this shows us that God worked in diverse and varied ways, not necessarily complex ways , unless 'diverse' 'varied' mean complicated language. It does mean that God worked hard to.make sur His method of messaging was done for easy explanation too by the fathers.

E

ebyown

yes please. The letter to Hebrews reveals how to understand Psalms which were received by prophets just as v1 points out. in the next verses it shows how Psalms is revealed conversations of Father, Son and Spirit that lets us understand their relationship with Each Other and to us.

C

cfultz3

Heb 1:2επG1909 PREP - (at) εσχατωνG2078 A-GPF-S - (final) τωνG3588 T-GPF ημερωνG2250 N-GPF - (the days) τουτωνG3778 D-GPF - (these) ελαλησενG2980 V-AAI-3S - (God has spoken) ημινG1473 P-1DP - (unto us) ενG1722 PREP - (by (instrumentality)) υιωG5207 N-DSM - (a Son) (1:2) ονG3739 R-ASM - (whom) εθηκενG5087 V-AAI-3S - (He has appointed (set)) κληρονομονG2818 N-ASM - (Inheritor) παντωνG3956 A-GPN - (of all things) διG1223 PREP - (through (channel of an act)) ουG3739 R-GSM - (whom) καιG2532 CONJ - (also) τουςG3588 T-APM αιωναςG165 N-APM - (the ages) εποιησενG4160 V-AAI-3S - (He made)
Heb 1:2 has, at these final days, spoken to us by (instrumentality) a Son whom He has appointed (set) Inheritor of all things, through (channel of an act) whom, He also made the ages.

KJV Heb 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

Verbs:
has spoken (Aorist Active Indicative) = a past verb performed by the subject with emphasis on the action. In this last age, as compared to the partial knowledge revealed through the ages of the patriarchs, the Law, the prophets, we have received the complete revelation of God as He has revealed it by His Son. In every possible conceivable manner, Jesus was wholly God manifested in the flesh revealing Himself. This is why Jesus said, "If you have seem me, then you have seen the Father".

appointed (Aorist Active Indicative) = a past verb performed by the subject with emphasis on the action. The Son, not the Word, has a beginning. It was God Himself who said, "I shall be a Father to Him, and He shall be a Son to Me." It will take one far when they come to verses where "the Son", "the Word", "Jesus (the man)", and "the Christ" are mentioned and separated them individually from their collective knowledge of the Son. I believe it is John 1:1 which says that the Word was with God at the beginning, which is true of the Word. In another place, it speaks of when God shall bring the Son into the world, implying that there will be a time when the Son shall be. In the another place in the Old Testament, it is said that the LORD (Jehovah) is our Redeemer, so when you see Christ in the New Testament, it is speaking of the LORD as our Redeemer.

In understanding why it is important to keep the titles the Word received from His Sonship separated in order to obtain a fuller meaning here, then we can appreciate why the Son, the man named Jesus, was appointed Heir of all things, for the simply fact that He was the Word incarnated. In summary, the Son was appointed all things because, He being the Word in flesh, is the One who would reconcile all things back to God the Father.

He made the ages (Aorist Active Indicative) = a past verb performed by the subject with emphasis on the action. The time of Heaven alone, the time of creation, the time of all things being shaken, the time when all things are handed back over to God the Father, all has been made by the Son who is the Word. The word 'through' tells us that the Son was the channel of God's act of creation, and thus, the Creator Himself (I of myself can do nothing, but as the Father COMMANDS that I do). The Word is the 'God said' of Genesis' creation (as God the Father command, So spoke the Word its existance). The Son is nothing more than God in a different operation (covenant), and as the Spirit confirms, "It is still the same God who is working all things by all things."

May 2, 2011
I like the idea of word and grammatical studies in general, and the several good examples
you have already posted on. How about making a general thread to discuss the
grammatical and perhaps literary techniques one might need to know in order to study
more deeply. This will then aid (by reference to the general) each specific example you are
moved to go through.

BIBLICAL HERMENEUTICS
Link -->> http://christianchat.com/bible-discussion-forum/26690-biblical-hermeneutics.html
Link -->> Hermeneutics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia see also Biblical hermeneutics

See also:

BIBLE SOFTWARE AND TOOLS
Link -->> http://christianchat.com/bible-discussion-forum/30374-bible-software-tools.html

GREEK AND HEBREW
Summary of Basics of Biblical Greek (mostly grammar, form, tense etc.)
Link -->> www.teknia.com/public/pdf/Summary.pdf

Greek Grammar Learning Tools and Study Aids (New Testament Language Training short course)
Link -->> Online Greek Grammar Learning Tools & Study Aids

Exegetical Links Overview
Link -->> Exegetical Resources.

E

ebyown

Colossians 12 giving thanks to the Father, Who made us fit to be partakers of the inheritance of the holy ones in light; 13 Who delivered us out of the power of darkness, and translated us into the Kingdom of the Son of His love; 14 in Whom we have our redemption, through His blood, the forgiveness of our sins; 15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the Firstborn of all creation. 16 For by Him all things were created, in the heavens and on the earth, things visible and things invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers; all things have been created through Him, and for Him. 17 He is before all things, and in Him all things are held together. 18 He is the head of the body, the assembly, Who is the Beginning, the Firstborn from the dead; that in all things He might have the preeminence. 19 For all the Fullness was pleased to dwell in Him; 20 and through Him to reconcile all things to Himself, by Him, whether things on the earth, or things in the heavens, having made peace through the blood of His cross.

C

cfultz3

You have done an excellant job yourself, and there is nothing I can add to it. Thank you. I would recommend your link to help in understanding grammer and tenses (download and use as an aid).

GREEK AND HEBREW
Summary of Basics of Biblical Greek (mostly grammar, form, tense etc.)
Link -->>
www.teknia.com/public/pdf/Summary.pdf

C

cfultz3

Colossians 12 giving thanks to the Father, Who made us fit to be partakers of the inheritance of the holy ones in light; 13 Who delivered us out of the power of darkness, and translated us into the Kingdom of the Son of His love; 14 in Whom we have our redemption, through His blood, the forgiveness of our sins; 15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the Firstborn of all creation. 16 For by Him all things were created, in the heavens and on the earth, things visible and things invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers; all things have been created through Him, and for Him. 17 He is before all things, and in Him all things are held together. 18 He is the head of the body, the assembly, Who is the Beginning, the Firstborn from the dead; that in all things He might have the preeminence. 19 For all the Fullness was pleased to dwell in Him; 20 and through Him to reconcile all things to Himself, by Him, whether things on the earth, or things in the heavens, having made peace through the blood of His cross.
How does Hebrew 1:2 speak to you? A few exmaples: What authority of conveying the final message does the Son have over all the prophets who spoke in bits? What is meant that the Son inherited all things, if He is God?

E

ebyown

John 1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him. Without Him was not anything made that has been made. 4 In Him was Life, and the Life was the Light of men. 5 The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness hasn’t overcome it. 6 There came a man, sent from God, whose name was John. 7 The same came as a witness, that he might testify about the Light, that all might believe through him. 8 He was not the Light, but was sent that he might testify about the Light. 9 The True Light that enlightens everyone was coming into the world.
10 He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world didn’t recognize Him. 11 He came to His own, and those who were His own didn’t receive Him. 12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become God’s children, to those who believe in His Name: 13 who were born not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. 14 The Word became flesh, and lived among us. We saw His Glory, such Glory as of the One and Only Son of the Father, full of grace and truth. 15 Yochanan testified about him. He cried out, saying, “This was He of whom I said, ‘He who comes after me has surpassed me, for He was before me.’” 16 From His fullness we all received grace upon grace. 17 For the Torah was given through Moses. Grace and truth were realized through YAHSHUA the Messiah. 18 No one has seen God at any time. The One and Only Son, Who is in the bosom of the Father, He has declared Him.

E

ebyown

How does Hebrew 1:2 speak to you? A few exmaples: What authority of conveying the final message does the Son have over all the prophets who spoke in bits? What is meant that the Son inherited all things, if He is God?
As a Man He entered His Creation and worships His Father. He prays to His Father as Hebrews points out and as the Gospels describe. He obeys His Father and accomplishes His Father's will. it is a relationship as the following verses in this chapter show. His Father exalts Him above all because of Their mutual love and His perfect obedience in all things even to the point of death on a cross which His Father asked of Him. so yes He will inherit all things and they were made for Him and by Him and He even makes us fellow heirs to share in His creation forever. He has humbled Himself and raised others up because He is Love. in so many ways it is indescribable the depth of what He has done and is doing.

i appreciate this study very much and have learned much from what you have shared so far. thank u.

G

GreenNnice

Heb 1:2 has, at these final days, spoken to us by (instrumentality) a Son whom He has appointed (set) Inheritor of all things, through (channel of an act) whom, He also made the ages.

KJV Heb 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

Verbs:
has spoken (Aorist Active Indicative) = a past verb performed by the subject with emphasis on the action. In this last age, as compared to the partial knowledge revealed through the ages of the patriarchs, the Law, the prophets, we have received the complete revelation of God as He has revealed it by His Son. In every possible conceivable manner, Jesus was wholly God manifested in the flesh revealing Himself. This is why Jesus said, "If you have seem me, then you have seen the Father".

appointed (Aorist Active Indicative) = a past verb performed by the subject with emphasis on the action. The Son, not the Word, has a beginning. It was God Himself who said, "I shall be a Father to Him, and He shall be a Son to Me." It will take one far when they come to verses where "the Son", "the Word", "Jesus (the man)", and "the Christ" are mentioned and separated them individually from their collective knowledge of the Son. I believe it is John 1:1 which says that the Word was with God at the beginning, which is true of the Word. In another place, it speaks of when God shall bring the Son into the world, implying that there will be a time when the Son shall be. In the another place in the Old Testament, it is said that the LORD (Jehovah) is our Redeemer, so when you see Christ in the New Testament, it is speaking of the LORD as our Redeemer.

In understanding why it is important to keep the titles the Word received from His Sonship separated in order to obtain a fuller meaning here, then we can appreciate why the Son, the man named Jesus, was appointed Heir of all things, for the simply fact that He was the Word incarnated. In summary, the Son was appointed all things because, He being the Word in flesh, is the One who would reconcile all things back to God the Father.

He made the ages (Aorist Active Indicative) = a past verb performed by the subject with emphasis on the action. The time of Heaven alone, the time of creation, the time of all things being shaken, the time when all things are handed back over to God the Father, all has been made by the Son who is the Word. The word 'through' tells us that the Son was the channel of God's act of creation, and thus, the Creator Himself (I of myself can do nothing, but as the Father COMMANDS that I do). The Word is the 'God said' of Genesis' creation (as God the Father command, So spoke the Word its existance). The Son is nothing more than God in a different operation (covenant), and as the Spirit confirms, "It is still the same God who is working all things by all things."
-,,,,- To God, a thousand years is but a day, we've all heard, here is God speaking of our being in 'the last days.' So, please understand that through His Son's time on Earth, including prophecy in Isaiah that a 'Coming King (baby Jesus) eas coming to save the world that this building is perfect in line seeing , signs of end times keep coming more and more true, and, together. This verse has an adjointing,, everything happens through God, His Son's work . God is the appendage of all things.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

cfultz3

As a Man He entered His Creation and worships His Father. He prays to His Father as Hebrews points out and as the Gospels describe. He obeys His Father and accomplishes His Father's will. it is a relationship as the following verses in this chapter show. His Father exalts Him above all because of Their mutual love and His perfect obedience in all things even to the point of death on a cross which His Father asked of Him. so yes He will inherit all things and they were made for Him and by Him and He even makes us fellow heirs to share in His creation forever. He has humbled Himself and raised others up because He is Love. in so many ways it is indescribable the depth of what He has done and is doing.

i appreciate this study very much and have learned much from what you have shared so far. thank u.
Very well said, especially, "As a Man, He entered His Creation and worships His Father". Nothing more then what you just said in your whole post can make the Father/Son, God the Father/God the Word relationship clearer. Being the Word in the flesh, He has already inherited all things, seeing that all things have been made by and for Him. And when speaking of the Son, the Word indeed has a Father. And when speaking of the Word, we are indeed speaking of God.

E

ebyown

your comment...The word 'through' tells us that the Son was the channel of God's act of creation, and thus, the Creator Himself (I of myself can do nothing, but as the Father COMMANDS that I do). The Word is the 'God said' of Genesis' creation (as God the Father command, So spoke the Word its existance).

and the Son's quote "I of Myself can do nothing, but as the Father COMMANDS that I do"... speaks of Their relationship and the Son's complete obedience to His Father. The word "commands" is very interesting and reveals the nature of the Father also. It was the Father Who because of His love for us gave His Only Son to save us. His Son obeyed because of His love for His Father and submission to His will to save us. He did not want to suffer the cross and asked that it could be removed if possible. But because of His complete obedience to His Father's "command" He faced death for us to become our Salvation. there is much to contemplate here which draws us closer to the mind and suffering of our Savior..... Who also created all things in obedience to His Father's command.

please do continue when u can. thank u.

E

ebyown

Phillipians 2:5 Have this in your mind, which was also in Messiah YAHSHUA, 6 Who, existing in the form of Elohiym, didn’t consider equality with Elohiym a thing to be grasped(seized, held on to, retained), 7 but emptied Himself, taking the form of a servant, being made in the likeness of men. 8 And being found in human form, He humbled himself, becoming obedient to death, yes, the death of the cross. 9 Therefore Elohiym also highly exalted Him, and gave to Him the Name which is above every name; 10 that at the Name of YAHSHUA every knee should bow, of those in heaven, those on earth, and those under the earth, 11 and that every tongue should confess that YAHSHUA the Messiah is Adonay, to the glory of Elohiym the Father.

jb

Feb 27, 2010
...KJV Heb 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

...The Son, not the Word, has a beginning...

....The Son is nothing more than God in a different operation
Oneness/Jesus Only/Modalism heresy...

Heb 1v8 states:

'But unto the Son he (God the Father) saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.'

God the Father, address God the Son as, 'O God,' Greek, 'ho Theós,' so, you are completely wrong and in error to say that God the Son had a beginning, Paul goes on in Heb 1v10 to state that God the Son is the great Creater of all things (Who has no beginning), which he also writes to the Colossian church in Col 1v16.

You really do demonstrate your complete ignorance (Mark 12v24) regarding the Scriptures when you state that '...The Son, not the Word, has a beginning' and '...The Son is nothing more than God in a different operation' as if God the Son is not God the Word! John 1v1-3,10,14,18, 1John 1v1,2, Rev 19v13...

I think that instead of attempting to do a study of Hebrews you (and the others who hold this heresy so dearly) should go and seek God earnestly in prayer for truth and light from the Scriptures upon the nature of the Godhead!

Yahweh Shalom...

C

cfultz3

Oneness/Jesus Only/Modalism heresy...

Heb 1v8 states:

'But unto the Son he (God the Father) saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.'

God the Father, address God the Son as, 'O God,' Greek, 'ho Theós,' so, you are completely wrong and in error to say that God the Son had a beginning, Paul goes on in Heb 1v10 to state that God the Son is the great Creater of all things (Who has no beginning), which he also writes to the Colossian church in Col 1v16.

You really do demonstrate your complete ignorance (Mark 12v24) regarding the Scriptures when you state that '...The Son, not the Word, has a beginning' and '...The Son is nothing more than God in a different operation' as if God the Son is not God the Word! John 1v1-3,10,14,18, 1John 1v1,2, Rev 19v13...

I think that instead of attempting to do a study of Hebrews you (and the others who hold this heresy so dearly) should go and seek God earnestly in prayer for truth and light from the Scriptures upon the nature of the Godhead!

Yahweh Shalom...
God the Word has no beginning. But the Word as being the Son has a beginning, seeing that it was God Himself who said, "I SHALL BE a Father to Him, and He SHALL BE a Son to Me." I am quite sure God knows the differene between the future tense and other tenses when His Spirit also said, 'The holy thing which SHALL BE born from you SHALL BE called the Son of God." And in another place, the Spirit spoke on this wise, 'His name SHALL BE called Wonderful, Counsellor, the Mighty God, the everlasting Father, the Price of Peace". This is why it is important to distinct between the titles God the Word received during His Sonship.

As to verse 8, Yes, most certainly the Word is God and it was the Word who became the Son. You are correct to say that His, the Word's, throne is from eternality. It was not until the man Jesus, the Word incarnated, was resurrected that He, purely man and purely God, received His throne back not as the Word alone, but as the Son also.

May I suggest to you that if you wish for others to listen to you, and out of logical stragegy of debating that the very first words which comes out of your mouth would not be 'heresy'. And if you feel that I still in error, then I ask that you take all the Scriptures of where it speaks of the Son being born, having a beginning, and refute them. Thank you.

C

cfultz3

Heb 1:3 οςG3739 R-NSM - (who) ωνG1510 V-PAP-NSM - (being) [απαυγασμαG541 N-NSN - (the effulgence (radiant light, off flash, brightness)) της δοξηςG1391 N-GSF - (of the glory) καιG2532 CONJ - (and) χαρακτηρG5481 N-NSM - (theexact copy (expressed image)) της υποστασεωςG5287 N-GSF - (of the essence (nature, person)) αυτουG846 P-GSM - (His (God's))]φερωνG5342 V-PAP-NSM - (is upholding) τεG5037 PRT - (not only...but also) τα πανταG3956 A-APN - (all things) τω ρηματιG4487 N-DSN - (by the utterance) της δυναμεωςG1411 N-GSF - (of the power (innately so)) αυτουG846 P-GSM - (His) διG1223 PREP - (but alsothrough (channel of an act)) εαυτουG1438 F-3GSM - (Him) καθαρισμονG2512 N-ASM - (a purification(expiation)) ποιησαμενοςG4160 V-AMP-NSM - (having made Himself (MV)) των αμαρτιωνG266 N-GPF - (of the sins (offenses))ημωνG1473 P-1GP - (our) εκαθισενG2523 V-AAI-3S - (who sat down) ενG1722 PREP - (at) δεξιαG1188 A-DSF - (the right) τηςμεγαλωσυνηςG3172 N-GSF - (of the Majesty) ενG1722 PREP - (in) υψηλοιςG5308 A-DPN - (things highly exalted (As the word implies in its plurality, He is Majesty of all things highly esteemed)(2Ch 29:11))
Heb 1:3 Who, being the effulgence (radiant light, off flash, brightness) of His glory and the exact copy (expressed image) of His essence (nature, person), not only is upholding all things by the utterance of His power (innately so), but also through (channel of an act) Him having made Himself (MV) a purification(expiation) of our sins (offenses), sat down at the right of the Majesty in things highly exalted (As the word implies in its plurality, He is Majesty of all things highly esteemed)(2Ch 29:11).

Heb 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

Verbs:

being the effulgence of His glory (Present Active Participle) = the subject in the process of performing an action. Imagine that God's glory is a flashlight. The light which is caused by the touching of the connections is God's glory. The beam which shines away from the original light is the glory which the Word has. This radiant glory which the Word has is the same glory attributed to the Son (Joh 1:14), seeing that the fleshly Son was the Word incarnated. Getting back to the verb, 'being' means 'to exist', and with that said, this statement is saying that the Son exists as the brightness of God's glory, in much the same way as one exists as one's child (I exist as his child).

being the exact copy of His essence (Present Active Participle) = the subject in the process of performing an action. That which collectively makes God God, His very nature/essence, is the exact nature of Jesus, there is no distinction (If you have seen me, you have seen the Father). Jesus (the man) was the earthly representation of the invisible God. Again, 'being' means 'to exist', and that literally means that the Son exists as God.

This relationship between God and the Son is depicted in the story of the Pharaoh and Joseph, the only thing which separated them was the throne upon which the Pharaoh set upon. Likewise, the only thing which separates the Son from God the Father is the throne upon which God the Father sets upon. Beyond that, even as with Pharaoh and Joseph, there is not separation between them, they both are God.

is upholding (Present Active Participle) = the subject in the process of performing an action. By His own power, the same power which is described of God the Father in Mat 26:64, is the very same power by which He, the Son, is actively upholding (as to keep from falling apart) all things. He, being the Word, needs only to speak and it is so. It is without doubt, that if the Word spoke into existence all that is and upholds it by His own power, then He is God, seeing that God said that He alone is Creator. It was this Word who became the Son, the man we know as Jesus. Would the Word have ceased from being God just by enveloping Himself with flesh?

having made Himself (Aorist Middle voice Participle) = the subject having caused the results of an action to be upon himself. The participle makes this action a part of a sentence, and thus cannot be separated from the complete thought. Basically, it was because He, Jesus, did make Himself a purification of our sins that He did sat down at the right hand of God.

sat down (Aorist Active Indicative) = What does this act of having sat down have to do with the Son, the Word incarnated, being God? Well, everything. Being placed at the right hand of God exalted, He is far above every name which is named (there is no greater name than His (is not God's name above all?)), angels and authorities and powers being made subject to Him, even angels are commanded by God the Father to worship Him. If such a command came forth from God's mouths, and if God alone is worthy of all adoration, who then are you to not worship your God, Jesus the promised Messiah, seeing that it was Jehovah who said He was our Messiah (Redeemer)?

E

ebyown

The Express Image of His (Being, Essence, Substance, Person) ..... as other translations render the word.

John 14:6 YAHSHUA said to him,“I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father, except through Me. 7 If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also. From now on, you know Him, and have seen Him.”
8 Philip said to Him, “Adonay, show us the Father, and that will be enough for us.”
9 YAHSHUA said to him,“Have I been with you such a long time, and do you not know Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father. How do you say, ‘Show us the Father?’ 10 Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me? The words that I tell you, I speak not from Myself; but the Father Who lives in Me does His works.

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
Let the Holy Spirit do the interpreting.

E

ebyown

we are told to study the Scriptures. doing original language studies is important because there is much meaning that may be obscured by translations although the translations do have what is needed to make us wise to Salvation. sometimes just the order of the words brings out clearer meaning which can be noticed when looking at the greek or hebrew since their word order is not the same as english. so it makes you think about the sentence differently and can reveal further truth. the Word is the sword of the Spirit Who can give us understanding as we study in worship with a desire to learn.