Hello from New Zealand.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

colinm

Jul 5, 2019
I am 59 years old and have never prayed or acknowledged God or Jesus.
I have been through a lot in my life lately and have started wondering if there is more than just selfishness and looking after me.
I have been struggling with my sexuality since childhood and throughout my marriage.
I think now is the time I have to choose a different path from the self destructive one I am following.
And just looking at my post, every sentence begins with I.
In short I am looking hard at a better way.

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
Welcome, colin. Let the friendly and caring people here help you know God more! Deep within our soul we can know God as He reveals Himself thru His word, in nature, as He works in and thru other people.

S

Sweetmorningdew78

Hi! Welcome to CC sir 😊 I'll see you around!

Jeremiah 29:13 And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.(NKJV)

God bless you ❤

oyster67

May 24, 2014
I have been through a lot in my life lately and have started wondering if there is more than just selfishness and looking after me.
I have been struggling with my sexuality since childhood and throughout my marriage.
I think now is the time I have to choose a different path from the self destructive one I am following.
It is so good that you have come. You are greatly loved by your Creator. He has very special and beautiful plans for you. Plans not only for your remaining years on this Earth, but plans for eternity. There is no limit to your potential if you will just surrender your all to Him. Go to Him just as you are. You can do it now if you want to.

John
3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
3:20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
3:21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

Welcome to CC and God bless you, my brother.

Leastamongmany

Jun 2, 2019
Usa
Blessings,may God reveal himself to you in His perfect love and may your heart be open to receive HIM!Prayers are being offered on your behalf,Colin!🙏

danja

Nov 28, 2014
welcome to cc .I pray you stay here and learn more about God and his love for you .Blessings <3

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Welcome to CC and nice to meet you. You can gain much insight here, God bless!

G

Godsgirl83

Hello Colin. Welcome to the CC.
You say you have never prayed? Prayer is so simple! It's talking to the Lord Jesus, just like you would anyone else.
Asking Him into your life is as simple as saying "Lord Jesus, come into my heart"
He loves you! He wants the best for you! And He will make Himself known to you and teach you, lead you, guide you as you seek Him.
I hope to see you around here on the forums. There are so many here who love you and will help you too as you reach out.
Blessings!

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
It is never too late to get on the right spiritual track. There are a lot of peeps from your country here so you should feel right at home. It says in the bible that "Today is the day to harden not your heart while it is still called Today". This day has come for you. Glad to have you as part of our community. Welcome to CC

G

Godsgirl83

by the way.... I just remembered this little song we use to sing in Sunday school when I was a very young child.....

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015
Greetings and Welcome colinm!

Well, it is good that you are concerned about this, because faith in Jesus is the only way to be forgiven and to receive the promise of eternal life. In regards to "selfishness and looking after me," we are told not to just look into our own concerns but the concerns of others, which would go along with loving your neighbor as yourself. In addition, Jesus gave an example of a man on the road to Jericho who was beaten by robbers and left naked and half dead. A priest was traveling on the same road and saw the man, but passed by without helping him. Then a Levite also came upon him and he passed by on the other side also. But then a Samaritan came by and seeing him had compassion on him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he put the man on his own donkey, brought him to an inn and took care of him." Jesus said, "which one of these was a neighbor to the man?" Of course the answer is the Samaritan who had compassion on him. Then Jesus said to them and to us, go and do likewise. The parable of course is an example and can be applied to any situation where someone is need of help. By doing so we are glorifying God. And Jesus also said that through good works we are also building up our treasures in heaven.

I believe that struggling with sexual desires has been a problem for all believers at one time or another. I had a problem for a long time with this sin, as I could not break free from it, but at the same time it was grieving my spirit. It wasn't until I prayed to God that "continuing in this was either going to lead me to death, or that God was going to help me to overcome it, which He did. At that point I removed myself from dating and all other forms of sexual immorality and God helped me to finally overcome it. If your eye causes you to sin, it is better to gouge it out, i.e. deprive yourself of whatever is causing you to sin, than to indulge in it and be thrown into the fire of hell.

"If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say we have not sinned, we make Him out to be a liar, and His word is not in us."

Leastamongmany

Jun 2, 2019
Usa
Colin,I get what you are saying about "sexuality". God made them make and female! This is the only union that is acceptable in God's eyes!🙏

colinm

Jul 5, 2019
Thank you all so much for your kind words and the warm welcome.
Last night I told my wife I was interested in joining a church and following a new path.
She was supportive and encouraged me to do what I need to do.
That was my first hurdle and it was easy.
Today, I found a Salvation Prayer and said it out loud.
Dear Father God I come home to you.
I want to experience your love.
I believe that Jesus Christ is your son.
I believe he died on the cross for me.
I ask you to forgive my sins,
I open my heart to your gift of salvation.
I welcome Jesus into my heart.
I now believe I am saved.
Amen.
It was a very emotional moment for me, I nearly broke down and cried.
I will continue to seek out knowledge and hopefully be a good disciple.

colinm

Jul 5, 2019
Greetings and Welcome colinm!

I believe that struggling with sexual desires has been a problem for all believers at one time or another. I had a problem for a long time with this sin, as I could not break free from it, but at the same time it was grieving my spirit. It wasn't until I prayed to God that "continuing in this was either going to lead me to death, or that God was going to help me to overcome it, which He did. At that point I removed myself from dating and all other forms of sexual immorality and God helped me to finally overcome it. If your eye causes you to sin, it is better to gouge it out, i.e. deprive yourself of whatever is causing you to sin, than to indulge in it and be thrown into the fire of hell.

"If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say we have not sinned, we make Him out to be a liar, and His word is not in us."
That approach is the best way forward for me as well I think. Thank you for your advice.

DeighAnn

Banned Serpent Seed Heresy
Jun 11, 2019
Hello and welcome, I thought to share my favorite verse (right now) and do not know what Bible you are using so just quickly picked out a few versions. I think one of the best things about bringing God into your life is that pathway to Him gets set up and every time you pray and give thanks to Him it opens up more. The Word of God is a promise, It is a truth, it is a blessing no words can describe. Faith comes from hearing and hearing by the Word of God. Ecclesiastes is written for our lives today. Just a nice place to read for a little advice. Anyway,

King James
Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Christian Standard Bible
For the word of God is living and effective and sharper than any double-edged sword, penetrating as far as the separation of soul and spirit, joints and marrow. It is able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

Contemporary English Version
God's word is alive and powerful! It is sharper than any double-edged sword. His word can cut through our spirits and souls and through our joints and marrow, until it discovers the desires and thoughts of our hearts.

Good News Translation
The word of God is alive and active, sharper than any double-edged sword. It cuts all the way through, to where soul and spirit meet, to where joints and marrow come together. It judges the desires and thoughts of the heart.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
For the word of God is living and effective and sharper than any double-edged sword, penetrating as far as the separation of soul and spirit, joints and marrow. It is able to judge the ideas and thoughts of the heart.

He made you, specifically you. He is our Father, talk to Him.

colinm

Jul 5, 2019
Im sorry if I misunderstood you! Please forgive!🙏
You didn't misunderstand. I just thought Awhatukee's approach to the general problem would be a good way for me to start as well.
And yes I agree with you in what you say.
Thanks for your concern.