Hello

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

Jerusha

Hello,
My name is Jerusha, and I hope I'm here to stay a little while.

I am here for Christian fellowship and I also don't mind a bit of theological debates. I'm a skeptic of everything so please don't take it personally when I throw some questions at you.

So, I guess I should tell you a little about myself. I was one of those lucky people, who grew up in a Christian home with parents that cared for me. Jesus was accepted into my life at a young age of about 5. I was baptized at 12 years old. Only after my baptism did I really start to struggle with things. Some bad things happened. Things I won't go into. But the storms caused me to search. There was a period of time I didn't trust God and had given up. But I was still searching in a way. Eventually it came to trusting God or death. Without God we are nothing. If we are the result of random chance then nothing matters. I had done a lot of searching on worldviews but it just came down to having to trust God.

Trusting God is still a skill I'm learning. Two weeks ago I was lifeguarding at a Bible camp . We sent one of our male staff to another camp because they needed more counselor. He was a new Christian, but he had a simple faith and a love for everyone. He drowned at that camp. He was only there for 24 hours. 17 years old. No one from a human perspective can understand why he died so early. But I've arrived at the conclusion that it was just his time. His time to go home, was just a little earlier. Still miss him but I am trying to keep my trust in God through this.
This verse has come to my attention during my grieving:

1 Th 5:18
Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

Through this time I had to keep up with my job of lifeguarding since I was the camps only lifeguard. That strength came from God. For that was not of my own strength.

Thank you all for reading.

T

toinena

Oh, dear sister in Christ. I am so sorry to read of your loss. I also admire your faith and trust in God. He has our days numbered, but still we will grieve when someone is called home. Praise God he had come to faith before this tragedy.

I hope you will enjoy the fellowship I and many others experience here. It was difficult for me in the beginning, though, not quite understanding who is who, what is happening, whom to trust, and who to laugh with and who to joke around with. And where to never tell a joke! (I am still not there yet... that is a tricky one for me). You might hang out in the chat rooms, or just read some threads, participate if you like and feel like it, you might get to know some really nice people. I myself is beginning to find my place here. And it feels very good to be a part of this community.

Dear friend. I pray you will find this is a place where you can feel at home. Where you can laugh, sing, weep and cry out whatever is put on your heart. And, above all, a place that will help you grow in faith and draw nearer to Christ.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
That's a real tragic circumstance of the young man drowning. Your right in saying that strength comes from God. All of us are still learning in trusting God in all circumstances and situations. Glad to have you join us. Welcome to CC.

J0Hnnatcc3

May 26, 2017
Hello,
My name is Jerusha, and I hope I'm here to stay a little while.

I am here for Christian fellowship and I also don't mind a bit of theological debates. I'm a skeptic of everything so please don't take it personally when I throw some questions at you.

So, I guess I should tell you a little about myself. I was one of those lucky people, who grew up in a Christian home with parents that cared for me. Jesus was accepted into my life at a young age of about 5. I was baptized at 12 years old. Only after my baptism did I really start to struggle with things. Some bad things happened. Things I won't go into. But the storms caused me to search. There was a period of time I didn't trust God and had given up. But I was still searching in a way. Eventually it came to trusting God or death. Without God we are nothing. If we are the result of random chance then nothing matters. I had done a lot of searching on worldviews but it just came down to having to trust God.

Trusting God is still a skill I'm learning. Two weeks ago I was lifeguarding at a Bible camp . We sent one of our male staff to another camp because they needed more counselor. He was a new Christian, but he had a simple faith and a love for everyone. He drowned at that camp. He was only there for 24 hours. 17 years old. No one from a human perspective can understand why he died so early. But I've arrived at the conclusion that it was just his time. His time to go home, was just a little earlier. Still miss him but I am trying to keep my trust in God through this.
This verse has come to my attention during my grieving:

1 Th 5:18
Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

Through this time I had to keep up with my job of lifeguarding since I was the camps only lifeguard. That strength came from God. For that was not of my own strength.

Thank you all for reading.
Welcome! Thanks for sharing some of your story.

I'm glad God has strengthened you to give thanks in all circumstances :).

I've always been skeptical and even more so guarded; Ive learned There's nothing wrong with asking questions, and from them I've learned much; It's amazing how after we get to know Jesus more too, we begin to take him at his word!

Have a good day and likewise a great time on this site!

J

joefizz

Welcome here you can discuss with bible smart people and possibly make new friends,hope you like it here!