Help Bad

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

Tinker

Hello. My name is Stacey and I'm 19 years old. I have a boyfriend that just turned 21 back in April. He loves to cuddle. Is cuddling a sin if you're not married. At least give me some bible verses about it plez. Thanks

N

NodMyHeadLikeYeah

ive never heard that is a sin, other than its kinda weird to hear the words boyfriend and cuddle put together in the same sentence

L

leeannabanana

Sorry, no bible verses that I know of. Think of it this way... Is it a sin to hug or cuddle with your mother, father, sister? Someone you love? What about a good friend? Certainly not!! It is definitely not a sin to cuddle with someone you care about. Jesus often held and "loved" people in the bible. I don't think you have anything to worry about!=)

M

Matthew

ive never heard that is a sin, other than its kinda weird to hear the words boyfriend and cuddle put together in the same sentence
Just weird?, sounds extremely bizzare and unnatural to me, rather yucky! :eek:

Seriously I wouldn't overthink things and second guess everything you do, cuddling, hugging......these are just ways to show affection and there's nothing wrong with it and everything right, honestly I think it's crazy to even think twice about it.

L

lighthousejohn

Hello. My name is Stacey and I'm 19 years old. I have a boyfriend that just turned 21 back in April. He loves to cuddle. Is cuddling a sin if you're not married. At least give me some bible verses about it plez. Thanks
Tinker,

As long as it does not lead to sexual immorality, you are ok. Remember that you both have that responsibility.

In Christ,
John

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
My dd and her now husband would cuddle and hold hands before they married. They had their first kiss on thir wedding day.
I dont see it as wrong like lt john said as well. Unless the interpitation of what your cuddle is , is more than is should be. smiles
It is good that you care about what should be, it shows your respect and love for Jesus and each other.
God bless, pickles

Dec 19, 2009
[1] Now concerning the matters about which you wrote. It is well for a man not to touch a woman.
[2] But because of the temptation to immorality, each man should have his own wife and each woman her own husband. 1 Cor 7:1-2 RSV

C

Consumed

the best advise is not to allow yourself to be put in a position which can tempt ones flesh, i would definately encourage placing boundaries on the touch feel aspect, starts with just cuddling,next kissing,next even more sensual then oh oh,sorry God......... always have people around, i wouldnt encourage it for a moment. not worth the heart break it could cause, and has for some, if the flesh started to get the better of the situation. many a strong christian have fallen like this, myself being one once.... wait, if he loves you he will honor your choice to set boundaries and to honoring God and His ways

ask your pastor, you know what he will say to that "its just cuddling"

M

machew

The general rule I created for myself is to not become more intimate with someone than my commitment level to the person. If the other person isn't as committed to me as I am to them, then I limit the intimacy level to their level of commitment. It is difficult to determine this without having a serious discussion about it. The best way to find out is to ask very direct questions that forces an answer. How the person responds often says more than what they say. If they try to avoid the question or are unable to give a clear answer, then you have your answer about how committed they are to you. Don't allow someone to sweet talk you into something(selfish manipulation). The lengths the person takes to pressure you into intimacy is a good indication of how much they are in the relationship for themselves, because they are using your attraction towards them to get you to do something.

If you can't practice what a covenant relationship looks like while you date, then why have the relationship at all? I'm not saying that you are in a covenant relationship, but I personally don't find it worthwhile to date someone that I couldn't imagine myself eventually marrying. Therefore I am looking to see how much effort they put into keeping my heart safe and what their expectations are of the relationship, and whether these go against the values that I feel God put on my heart.

Hopefully this helps.

Blessings,

Machew

Last edited:
May 21, 2009
Cuddling isn't bad. It's that the cuddling will or could turn to sex. You have enough problems to deal with in this life already. Don't need to put more tempting in your path.

Are you two talking about mariage?

We have sexual feelings. Thats a part of us. We are to fight those feelings off until we get married.

So lets call the cuddling a fire, lets pretend the cuddling is a fire. Ok. The cuddling could lead to you or him or both wanting more than the cuddles. Lets call wanting more the gasoline. To fuel the fire. What happens if you pour gasoline on a fire? It gets bigger and could get out of control.

Feb 9, 2010
I think that cuddling would be a sin,because then you are showing physical affection for someone,like kissing,that should not be done unless you are married.

Cuddling is not spiritual affection,but physical affection.

Matt

M

MaggieMye

cuddle as in what/how. If hands are kept off the privates, then it's fine. If not, it is sin,a form of fornication. The are called 'privates' because they are to be kept private for you husband/wife.

Maggie

VW

Banned
Dec 22, 2009
If you are lead by the Spirit, you will not fulfill the lusts of the flesh.

The flesh is powerful, even though it is dead. It can cause you to seem to go to sleep about what you are doing, and when you wake up, it is already done. Now Jesus is just and righteous, and He forgives us all of our sins, but things are possible which we can and will regret for a long time. The only proof against falling under the power of the flesh and its lusts is the Spirit. If you know Jesus, if He has come into your heart to live with and in you, then you can trust Him to guide you, and to let you know when you are in danger. If it seems to you that it is wrong, that it is dangerous, then it is, and you should reject that activity.

He truly loves us and wants us to be happy, full of joy and peace. I can tell you now that the things that the flesh wants to do do not lead to joy and peace and happiness. They lead to misery and sorrow and pain.

My prayers for you in His love,
vic

May 21, 2009
Maggie you made me laugh! Our privates. I don't know what people call them anymore but I grew up calling them privates also. Today it so sad all the people who flaunt their bodies for money to make themselves famous. So someone can lust after them. Calling evil good. Things are so crazy.