HERE IS GOD DECLARING THE END OF HIS OLD COVENANT

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jul 6, 2010
Zechariah 11:7-14

v7 And I will feed the flock of slaughter, even you, O poor of the flock. And I took Me two staves, the one I called Beauty, and the other I called Bands, and I fed the flock.

v8 Three shepherds also i cut off in one month, and My soul loathed them, and their soul also abhorred Me.

v9 Then said I, I will not feed you, that that dieth, let it die, and that that is to be cut off, let it be cut off, and let the rest eat every one the flesh of another.

v10 And I took My staff, even Beauty, and I cut it asunder, that I might break My covenant which I had made with all the people.

v11 And it was broken in that day, and so the poor of the flock that waited upon Me knew that it was the Word of the Lord.

v12 And I said unto them, If ye think good, give me My price, and if not, forbear. So they weighed for My price thirty pieces of silver.

v13 And the Lord said unto me, Cast it unto the potter, a goodly price that I was prised at of them. And i took the thirty pieces of silver, and cast them to the potter in the house of the Lord.

v14 Then i cut asunder Mine other staff, even Bands, that I might break the brotherhood between Judah and Israel.

There are several mysteries herein...however...
God dis annulled His covenant with Israel. For they rejected His Son. Yet those of Israel who rejected His Son for the 'law of Moses' must still keep every letter of the old law. This is THEIR choice to keep a broken covenant, so God still holds them to it, even though he has ended it. Those will reap what they sow. And MUST keep every precept in that old law that they CHOOSE to keep of which God ended. NOW it is a living curse to them...but for the sake of the promise that God made, and for His Names sake, a remnant of them will be saved.

N

NoahsMom

ec 11:15 And the LORD said unto me, Take unto thee yet the instruments of a foolish shepherd.
Zec 11:16 For, lo, I will raise up a shepherd in the land, which shall not visit those that be cut off, neither shall seek the young one, nor heal that that is broken, nor feed that that standeth still: but he shall eat the flesh of the fat, and tear their claws in pieces.
Zec 11:17 Woe to the idol shepherd that leaveth the flock! the sword shall be upon his arm, and upon his right eye: his arm shall be clean dried up, and his right eye shall be utterly darkened.
interesting.............

Jan 24, 2011
Jesus pbuh mission was to save the convenant. The jewish people rejected him. The destruction of the temple and the explusion of the Jewish people from Israel was the result. The promised land is only for the true believers. The jews have rejected the messiah, The christians are following the teachings of Paul rather than Jesus pbuh and praying to three Gods and the Muslims have become too materialistic and are not submitting to God's will. At the moment there is a vacuum because no nation is actually behaving as a true believer so we have the situation where there is no peace in the promised land.

Jul 6, 2010
ec 11:15 And the LORD said unto me, Take unto thee yet the instruments of a foolish shepherd.
Zec 11:16 For, lo, I will raise up a shepherd in the land, which shall not visit those that be cut off, neither shall seek the young one, nor heal that that is broken, nor feed that that standeth still: but he shall eat the flesh of the fat, and tear their claws in pieces.
Zec 11:17 Woe to the idol shepherd that leaveth the flock! the sword shall be upon his arm, and upon his right eye: his arm shall be clean dried up, and his right eye shall be utterly darkened.
interesting.............

Very interesting indeed :) ...Notice the right eye? THESE cannot see ALL the truth, just parts of truth...

Glad you mentioned it sister.

Regards
Devolution.

Jul 6, 2010
interesting.............

Oh and another interesting point, though his left eye can still see, what it does see is blurred by the other which is utterly darkened....a contradiction results from what that idol shepherd THINKS he sees... Don't you love How the Lord explains?

May 16, 2010
Jesus pbuh mission was to save the convenant. The jewish people rejected him. The destruction of the temple and the explusion of the Jewish people from Israel was the result. The promised land is only for the true believers. The jews have rejected the messiah, The christians are following the teachings of Paul rather than Jesus pbuh and praying to three Gods and the Muslims have become too materialistic and are not submitting to God's will. At the moment there is a vacuum because no nation is actually behaving as a true believer so we have the situation where there is no peace in the promised land.
Wow what a wide veiw to take on things, Pure Prejudism, not even one speck of TRUTH!:D

zone

Jun 13, 2010
Very interesting indeed :) ...Notice the right eye? THESE cannot see ALL the truth, just parts of truth...

Glad you mentioned it sister.

Regards
Devolution.
umm..you do know this is about nat'l israel, right?
or does all OT prophecy mystically appear for christian in the NT?

the eye meantioned is TOTAL blindness, specificaly ecclesiastical.

aaaanyways....i'm leaving ya to it.

S

Sinnner

I thought it was here, When he had received the drink, Jesus said, “It is finished.” With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit. John 19:30

Last edited by a moderator: