Here is Joseph Prince......

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 7, 2015
Willie-T.,Maybe people just don't want to be confused with the facts and prefer to be comfortable in their own ideas regardless of the reality. :confused:

Here in this thread you are more than willing to answer each false claim and no one wants to take the time. yeeesssshhhhhh.

I wish I had so many books on my computer too BTW. :D
Do you have books on Kindle? They can be transferred to your computer with a bit of finagling and some software work.

I have transferred thirty or so books to my computer.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2015
Willie, any preacher who praises heretical Kenneth Hagin, is one to keep at arms length.
I will even praise Jonathan Edwards and John Calvin for the great men they were, while almost totally rejecting their Theology........ as well as many modern teachers.

P

popeye

I will even praise Jonathan Edwards and John Calvin for the great men they were, while almost totally rejecting their Theology........ as well as many modern teachers.
I agree.

R A Torrey demonised the Azusa revival,and Robert Anderson demonised charismatics. I still recognise their teaching abilities in their non HS departments.

You gotta wonder about the 5 foolish virgin thinggy. The 'fools' had no oil....hhhmmmmm

P

popeye

Willie, any preacher who praises heretical Kenneth Hagin, is one to keep at arms length.
Then David,Sampson,Peter,Noah,Elijah will be on your blacklist when you get to heaven.

They all disgraced God's testimony.

Gonna be kinda lonely for you up there.

Budman

Mar 9, 2014
Then David,Sampson,Peter,Noah,Elijah will be on your blacklist when you get to heaven.

They all disgraced God's testimony.

Gonna be kinda lonely for you up there.

Well, none of those you listed preached a "name it and claim it/blab it and grab it" message.

P

popeye

Well, none of those you listed preached a "name it and claim it/blab it and grab it" message.
Hagin wrote a book on that very subject,showing the followers of that concept where they were off.

You are going by what you were told.

P

popeye

Amen! Exactly what I was thinking Viotet!!! Haven't gone as far as raising my hands up in church yet (am working on that sort of demonstrative sort of thing) But I sure do that at home and out in the fields where I live. I'm one of those people Jesus told to go and sin no more and found the gift of no condemnation. Praise Jesus!! Grace is amazing.
Try this;
Put your palms upwards on your lap. This is "receiving" posture.

(my protocal for less than spiritual services....lol).

OR

Go to a black church (where you can "practice" w/o any "judging" lol).....even the baptists are charismatic and free. I can tell you firsthand,the hugs are awesome.

Dec 9, 2011
Can anyone copy and paste something he has said that we can check out for error concerning his WOF teaching.

I know that he calls himself a WOF preacher, but maybe someone didn't tell him what word of faith means by the majority of people/name it and claim it.

Then I for one can decide if he is in error but calling yourself WOF because you think it just means I teach the word and I teach about what faith is can be done ignorantly.

If JP doesn't really know the impact he is having on others who see WOF as total error then it could in ignorance on JP's part.

IDK I'm just hoping he is in ignorance but to be honest I stopped listening to him when he started saying you don't have to keep asking for forgiveness.1 time is enough{something like that}if this part is true

I wish someone would tell him so that he would know how the majority of Christians see WOF and he would know that we know that he knows how everyone is looking at his teaching and then maybe for our sakes he would explain so we can discern from the word without making a judgement on his heart but a correct judgement on the fruit/his actions.

I know some preachers have the word apostle in front of their names because to them it's just a title they liked.

Feb 7, 2015
Can anyone copy and paste something he has said that we can check out for error concerning his WOF teaching.

I know that he calls himself a WOF preacher, but maybe someone didn't tell him what word of faith means by the majority of people/name it and claim it.

Then I for one can decide if he is in error but calling yourself WOF because you think it just means I teach the word and I teach about what faith is can be done ignorantly.

If JP doesn't really know the impact he is having on others who see WOF as total error then it could in ignorance on JP's part.

IDK I'm just hoping he is in ignorance but to be honest I stopped listening to him when he started saying you don't have to keep asking for forgiveness.1 time is enough{something like that}if this part is true

I wish someone would tell him so that he would know how the majority of Christians see WOF and he would know that we know that he knows how everyone is looking at his teaching and then maybe for our sakes he would explain so we can discern from the word without making a judgement on his heart but a correct judgement on the fruit/his actions.

I know some preachers have the word apostle in front of their names because to them it's just a title they liked.
It's also Biblically true.

Feb 7, 2015

He probably has. But if all someone is going to do is criticize and judge him on what other people say, how are you ever going to know?

I say we should listen to people for ourselves, or just keep our mouths shut about judging them.

Feb 7, 2015
Willie-T.,Maybe people just don't want to be confused with the facts and prefer to be comfortable in their own ideas regardless of the reality. :confused:

Here in this thread you are more than willing to answer each false claim and no one wants to take the time. yeeesssshhhhhh.

I wish I had so many books on my computer too BTW. :D
Yeah..... It is scary how close to the truth of our reality The Matrix film was. Red pills vs blue pills.

JGIG

Aug 2, 2013
. . .

. . .
It's also Biblically true.
It is Biblically true.

Without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sins (Heb. 9:22).

So for there to be further forgiveness of sins (were it needed, which it is not), there would need to be further shedding of Christ's Blood.

The Scriptures are clear that

1. [*=1]That's not going to happen (Heb. 7:27, Heb. 10:10), and
    [*=1]To suggest that further forgiveness is needed is to subject Christ's to open shame, crucifying Him all over again (Heb. 6:6)

I really like this train of thought:

Has God dealt with the sins of the world?

Yes.

How many times did He deal with it?

Once.

Have your sins been judged?

Yes.

Where were they judged?

At the Cross.

What was the verdict?

Guilty.

What was the punishment?

Death.

Who took it?

Jesus.

How much of it?

All of it.

How much is left for you?

None.

(Quoted from Bob George, The New Covenant Explained http://bobgeorge.net/?ddownload=1833)

There is no fear of punishment because our forgiveness is complete (Heb. 7:25, 1 Jn. 4:13-19)

Confession of sin is certainly fine (and healthy) to do, but is not necessary for those in Christ to do to procure forgiveness - forgiveness is a done deal if you are in Christ - there is no more shedding of blood necessary on your behalf - what Christ accomplished WORKED.

Furthermore, there are no instructions to believers to confess sins to God, but to each other, and that not publicly, but one to another so that they can pray for you (James 5:16).

We can come to the Throne of Grace with boldness and confidence for help in our times of need BECAUSE we are forgiven and God is not holding our sins against us (2 Cor. 5:19). Contextually that's specifically in our times of weakness - sin (Heb. 4:14-16, Eph. 3:12). So while confession to God of our sins is not necessary for forgiveness, it is certainly healthy to come to His Throne of Grace and talk to Him about our struggles with sin and seek His help.

-JGIG

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
I suppose if you look at the story of David and Goliath a little more closely you might change your mind.

1 Samuel 17:43-47
[SUP]43 [/SUP]And the Philistine said unto David, Am I a dog, that thou comest to me with staves? And the Philistine cursed David by his gods.
[SUP]44 [/SUP]And the Philistine said to David, Come to me, and I will give thy flesh unto the fowls of the air, and to the beasts of the field.
[SUP]45 [/SUP]Then said David to the Philistine, Thou comest to me with a sword, and with a spear, and with a shield: but I come to thee in the name of the Lord of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom thou hast defied.
[SUP]46 [/SUP]This day will the Lord deliver thee into mine hand; and I will smite thee, and take thine head from thee; and I will give the carcases of the host of the Philistines this day unto the fowls of the air, and to the wild beasts of the earth; that all the earth may know that there is a God in Israel.
[SUP]47 [/SUP]And all this assembly shall know that the Lord saveth not with sword and spear: for the battle is the Lord's, and he will give you into our hands.

Was David just being arrogant? Or was he "preaching" his faith?

Maybe both... ha

JGIG

Aug 2, 2013
[video]https://youtu.be/D1CU5p6lqPI[/video]

Classic Imperials - I'm Forgiven

\o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/

-JGIG

Budman

Mar 9, 2014
Hagin wrote a book on that very subject,showing the followers of that concept where they were off.

You are going by what you were told.

Even a courtesy web search will unveil the many heretical teachings of Kenneth Hagin.

L

ladylynn

Do you have books on Kindle? They can be transferred to your computer with a bit of finagling and some software work.

I have transferred thirty or so books to my computer.
No, sometimes being on the computer for me is like driving my car. I know how to turn it on and use it but don't ask me to change the oil or the tires. If the light comes on, go get it fixed. I know there are ways to install kindle and other software but since it entails more than the basics., I'm scared of pressing a button and having my screen go sideways. :eek:
It's done that before!!! Someday when my kids come visit I'll ask them to do it for me but until then.... I'm clueless! (just got this Dell laptop in Sept.)

L

ladylynn

Amen, Love Goes Where Law Cannot... Amen. And uplifting song too!!! :D It's really encouraging to communicate with others who have found out their sins have been completely forgiven in Christ and there is no more condemnation. In fact, that we receive the gift of no condemnation. The only way we can be condemned is if we receive it from the devil who is the accuser of the brethren. If we know the Bible says He has freed us from guilt and shame we do not have to go to that place of guilt and shame but right to the throne of grace to find help in time of need. Because we have been forgiven and sin no longer separates us from God because of Jesus. We go in the righteousness of Christ not our own.
He forever maketh intercession for the saints.

"For sin shall not have dominion over you for you are not under law but under grace" Rom.6:14

L

ladylynn

KennethC posted a link to a facebook site where they listed a loooong list of things that JP supposedly believes and preaches. I went to the site and looked at the list and was first annoyed then more annoyed like I am with most of these sites. They just made accusations without anything else. The people from that site don't even believe in the security of the believer.

I've been listening to JP for a long time and each and every one of those accusations can be either totally dismissed or explained with context. Willie-T offered to do this but no one wants to ask a question. They just say "I've heard just the little he has to say and know he is a heretic" :eek:

I've had the same kinds of people say that to me here. Because I believe in grace there are easy labels put on. WOF, name it claim it blab it grab it...hyper grace...heretic...gold in the backyard.... Labeling others is so easy and also lazy. It takes away the responsibility of the accuser to meet with the accused. It disrespects another believer.

A major lesson I have learned over the years is do not take everything someone or a bunch of someones say about another person and run with it joining in the group of accusers against another Christian. I've been blessed by many different preachers and teachers and always someone who has another opinion will have something to say negative about each one. Even poor old Billy Graham!

I'd consider myself a word of faith kind of Christian. I seek to take the Lord at His word and live accordingly. There is more to salvation than being saved from death and hell. There is alllll the in-between about walking in faith while we are here on earth. We won't need to walk in faith when we get to heaven so all the admonitions to live by faith are for now. We need to grow in faith for now for a reason.,and it is an amazing journey to read the Bible and claim the promises that have been freely given to us. So often people call that 'name it claim it., blab it grab it.
People have been so conditioned that everyone knows this term it seems. We cannot fight someones mindset. If they insist on not listening there is nothing to be done. Like that old saying., you can lead a horse to water.....

For myself, I'm not going to abandon my belief because people have put a tag phrase on it.
I certainly don't name a Mercedes., claim a Mercedes... then blab it and grab it. But I did ask the Lord to give me a good car for my job and trusted Him to take care of me. I rested in His love for me and He gave me what I needed. Now I drive to work in a car that is perfect for my needs. He took care of me above and beyond my expectations. Faith for me is expecting that God will do what He says and that faith walk pleases Him.

Not sure why people find this wrong. We are told to not fear, to be of good cheer., to trust in the Lord with all our hearts and to not lean on our own understanding... in all our ways acknowledge Him and He will direct our paths. He will and He does. Having faith that it will happen is honoring to Him. Without faith it is impossible to please God.

I just encourage you to take the time to hear people out who have been accused of things. It also reminds me of that game where 20 people get in a circle and a short story is told. By the time it gets to the 20th person it hardly resembles what was first said. That is human behavior. We see what we think or want to see. We are called as Christians to something higher. That is probably why 1 Cor. 13 says that love thinks the best of every person.. there is so much we do not know about each other.,

JGIG

Aug 2, 2013

Amen, Love Goes Where Law Cannot... Amen. And uplifting song too!!! :D It's really encouraging to communicate with others who have found out their sins have been completely forgiven in Christ and there is no more condemnation. In fact, that we receive the gift of no condemnation. The only way we can be condemned is if we receive it from the devil who is the accuser of the brethren. If we know the Bible says He has freed us from guilt and shame we do not have to go to that place of guilt and shame but right to the throne of grace to find help in time of need. Because we have been forgiven and sin no longer separates us from God because of Jesus. We go in the righteousness of Christ not our own.
He forever maketh intercession for the saints.

"For sin shall not have dominion over you for you are not under law but under grace" Rom.6:14
Yep! Wonderful truths!

And I also, am so encouraged to see others having grasped them :D.

-JGIG