Hi I'm new here

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

Boogieboarder79

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this forum and I am Christian and I want some help.

I have been going through testing times the last few years and feel lost even when I read the word or pray. Don't get me wrong it has not been all doom and gloom, there has been good times as well. But the bad have out weighed the good times by a long shot. Im always anxious and feeling low. I'm currently seeing a psychologist for all of this and at times I seem to progress but then I regress.

I think this may of started the last few years when I started a new job (still in the same company but different role but hate it) and it intensified when I was born again christian.

I work in sales and all I hear about is targets, targets and targets which I don't like and its a struggle for me. I keep dreaming about a career change. Lately I seem to have brain fog. This has now scared me and has made me doubt I can change careers and learn new things. I worry about how I am going to pay the bills if I leave.

My mind is so over active. I try to let it all go and leave it to God as I have read thats how peoples lifes have changed, but I can't. As soon as I try this the anxiety, the depression starts creeping into my mind again then it starts all over again. Its a constant struggle. If anyone can help me wth tips/advice on how to manage all of this and be at peace with all of this I would be ever so grateful.

God bless

T

Tinuviel

Welcome to CC! I'm so sorry about the difficult times you've been experiencing, and will pray for you! If you like, you'd probably get more responses to this in the Family Forum, since this is an introduction forum and some members never see these posts :).

God bless you!

B

Boogieboarder79

Thanks Tinuviel

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
My friend your story is a hard and trying one. All your feeling appears to revolve around your job and is a natural response when you wake up and go to a job you hate everyday, I would suggest to keep an open eye for a job opening in something you would like to do and maybe if you want to go for it apply there and see if you get the job then quit the job your currently at.
But take what I say with a grain a salt and be sure to ask others here as many here have more insight than I do. But I also want you to consider the story of Job.

Oct 19, 2016
Welcome to CC, friend!
I’m so sorry to hear about your situation. I know how difficult and frustrating it must be for you to go through this. It’s good you’re getting help. Though I don’t have any advice to offer, I just said a prayer for you, asking the Lord to surround you with His comfort, strength, and peace. Please know that we serve a compassionate, loving God who knows and cares about every detail of our lives. May He bless and guide you as you lean upon Him in the days ahead. Blessings!

J

joefizz

Welcome,there are many here who can help answer what may be right for you to do regarding your job,every job has some annoyance whether it's cursings,people not doing their jobs,etc, I agree with blain, try for a job overall that you like,because if you hate your job then you won't so greatly appreciate what you get out of it so think on it what do you like?,do you like talking with people? do you prefer a heavy lifting job over an office job? do you prefer computer based jobs to paper work based jobs? also don't let doubt enter your mind because you'll give up before you try something new if you can't decide what you'd like to change,true it's good to make sure you will get your new job choice before switching but also think on why you want to switch to a new job,because if you get a new job based on just wanting more money or simply you want to get out from your usual job then not much may necessarily change,it all mainly depends on what you can handle,don't just jump to a new job without knowing what you are getting into,and of course pray to God about it because once you've decided then he can help guide you along this new path,once again Welcome and may God bless you!

danja

Nov 28, 2014
Welcome :)

Nov 14, 2016
Hi Everyone,

I have been going through testing times the last few years and feel lost even when I read the word or pray. Don't get me wrong it has not been all doom and gloom, there has been good times as well. But the bad have out weighed the good times by a long shot. Im always anxious and feeling low. I'm currently seeing a psychologist for all of this and at times I seem to progress but then I regress.

I think this may of started the last few years when I started a new job (still in the same company but different role but hate it) and it intensified when I was born again christian.

I work in sales and all I hear about is targets, targets and targets which I don't like and its a struggle for me. I keep dreaming about a career change. Lately I seem to have brain fog. This has now scared me and has made me doubt I can change careers and learn new things. I worry about how I am going to pay the bills if I leave.

My mind is so over active. I try to let it all go and leave it to God as I have read thats how peoples lifes have changed, but I can't. As soon as I try this the anxiety, the depression starts creeping into my mind again then it starts all over again. Its a constant struggle. If anyone can help me wth tips/advice on how to manage all of this and be at peace with all of this I would be ever so grateful.

God bless
*** (praying)*** greetings from Texas*** sounds like to much stress*** start planning on a better join, but hold on toi what you have for now*** find ways to destress...

Feb 22, 2017
Thank you for sharing your story. I can tell what a heavy burden it has become, and for a number of different reasons. I don't believe any work environment is always a peaceful place because of the range of diversity amongst the employees, but the fact that you are a Christian causes you to see the world around you through a different set of eyes. You see the lost for who they are, so wrapped up in their own agenda without any regard to their character.

I was in a particularly challenging work environment one time too and stuck it out as long as I could. Eventually I moved on to a job that brought me closer to using the gifts God has given me. It was still in a secular environment, and people were still lost, but I had grown as a person and had the determination to love people right where they were while still holding ground to my own convictions.

We will never be able to change people, only God can do that, but we can pray and ask Him to change us. By that I mean we can ask Him to make us strong and keep us strong. We can get strong and stay strong when we feel we are worthy and entitled to God's love for us, and when we truly believe He has our best interest at heart. All things work for the good, even when we can't grasp the entirety of what that means, but I will testify that in my own life, it has often times included adversity and pain. It's only when I look back that I see the growth that has taken place and how the challenge helped conform me to the image of Christ. Is it easy? No. Would I choose to learn about God this way? No. Would I want to do it over again? No.

There are a few other things you said that caught my attention; one of them being seeing a psychologist for anxiety. I think it's a good idea to have the freedom to express your deepest concerns and I would like to add to that if I may. Have you ever considered joining a woman's group or a woman's prayer group at your church? It's possible many churches have them in your area, so it's a matter of calling around and asking what all is involved. I think you will find a greater comfort when you are surrounded by people who know how to love you right where you're at, even if they can't "fix" your problem. Yes, I realize stepping into a room full of strangers can be intimidating, but you did it here so I have all the confidence in the world that you can do it again.

Begin to pray specifically for a new job. That is not unreasonable. You won't know what God has in store for you untill you seek Him with all your heart. This takes patience, as I have learned from my own personal experience, but when you stay connected to God in prayer, you carry around a sense that he is safeguarding you and preparing the next step for your life. I can't possibly guess what that might be, but I will certainly commit to pray and ask God to reveal that to you.

Here are some good artcles that will hopefully encourage you to remain steadfast in your faith, regardless of what is going on around you. Blessings to you friend. Finding God's Will for My Life | Focus on the Family

LookingtoZion

May 15, 2017
Welcome to CC. Sorry to hear about your struggles. I have experienced the same
thing – not being able to turn off my brain. It happened when I was involved in
a direct sales company and my up line was calling and texting me constantly and
pushing me to perform. Sounds like you may be experiencing the same thing.
And I also had the brain fog. Don’t worry that you can’t start a new job because
it sounds like it is related to the sales position. I am very sensitive to over stimulus.
I read the book “The Highly Sensitive Person”. It really helped me. Saying a
prayer that you get some relief.

Rose58

Jan 4, 2017
Hi Everyone,

----------------
I can really understand feeling stress and pressure in a sales job. It seems to me that is what sales is all about. Some seem to thrive on that. I never did. I would not allow yourself to entertain self-doubt. There has been some good advice here about giving thought to the kind of job that would be satisfying to you. I would like to suggest that you spend some time worshiping the Lord. Put on some praise and worship music that really speaks to your heart and praise God for all that he is. Praise is powerful warfare. I do this often and certainly when dealing with any kind of oppression. One of the most common tools of the enemy is to have us wrestle with self-doubt and defeating thoughts. It’s God whom we rest in, not ourselves. I know I forget that and start to think that everything rests on me but it doesn’t.

Pick out a few verses that speak right to your issue. One of mine is “God did not give us a spirit of fear but a spirit of power, love and a sound mind”. Scripture is another powerful tool. Build an arsenal of just the right verses that reminds you of Gods promises and use them to clear the cobwebs and get right to the point of issue. One more thing. I suggest you spend about five or ten minutes to start and sit with a pen and paper and ask God to speak to you and even ask him questions. Ask him how he sees an issue. Tell him you want to see it through his eyes.

Another favorite verse of mine is Jeremiah 33-:3- “Call to me and I will answer you, and will tell you great and hidden things that you have not known”. God wants us to learn to rest in Him. In Matthew He says “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest”...He truly wants us to rest in Him and He really does speak to us. We just have to be quiet long enough to listen. He wants us to know that He is working on our behalf.

tlf777

Feb 21, 2017
Welcome to CC! Thank you for sharing about the things that are going on in your life. Concerning your job, perhaps the Lord is just showing you that this is not the type of work you are meant to do forever, but for a season. Are you able to listen to any music or podcasts for a portion of your time while at work?

How is your church attendance? Are you active? Are you serving? All of these things can factor into how we handle our anxiety.

S

Senegoid

Hi! Glad you are a part of CC. Don't Make a sudden move if you have people depending on you to provide. David regularly asked God before confronting a challenge. And he was a man after God's heart. The Father will be pleased to hear your heart as you pour it out to Him. Christian support can help you stay focused on prayer and seeking God. The Father will want to show you Himself what He has planned for you. Praying for you! -- Sen.