High Protein Bars or Energy Bars

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jul 25, 2015
I am trying to incorporate healthier options for snacks and was hoping some of you had homemade recipes for protein balls/bars or energy bars?

Please note: any additional healthy snack recipes are welcome!

notmyown

May 26, 2016
i'm not sure if you're looking for something really good for you, but yukky tasting, like Pottentia Bars? :rolleyes:

i've made these, and if you're feeling decadent, you can top them with melted chocolate!

zhuzh 1 Cup oats into flour
1/2 Cup oats
1/3 Cup protein powder (i use whey isolate from Isonaturals... nothing added)
1/2 Cup crispy rice cereal of some sort
1/2 Cup nut butter, your choice
1/3 Cup honey
2 tsp vanilla extract, the good stuff

mix dry ingredients in a bowl
warm the nut butter and honey till it's drippy, then add vanilla
pour that over the dry ingredients and mix well
press into a greased loaf pan, or a 9 inch square pan will work
refrigerate an hour or so, cut into bars

violà! no baking needed! :)

Jul 25, 2015
Thank you! Sounds great and just what I was looking for!!

Feb 28, 2016
home-made-protein-bars are very easy to make for yourself...
simply put your 'favorite-wholesome-fruits, nuts, vegs, together
in the way that is most appealing to yourself...HELLO...:rolleyes::eek:
it's really amazing what our Heavenly Father has Lovingly given
to us;:cool: read up and experiment, = some wonderful results will
result with our heartfelt seeking...

Last edited:

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
With a dehydrator one can make just about any raw and vegan and tasty protein bar at home for about half, or even less, the cost of one store purchased.

Jul 25, 2015
Thank you magenta for the link...several look Fantastic!

JD I actually have dehydrator...time to dust it off and give it another go

Jul 23, 2017
Energy drinks/bars are basically a bunch of caffeine after which you get a crash.

Protein is a good source of energy.

Daylilies

Apr 11, 2017
Jul 25, 2015
I love this recipe for peanut butter quinoa granola bars from Ambitious Kitchen http://www.ambitiouskitchen.com/2015/11/incredible-peanut-butter-quinoa-granola-bars/. I have tried several other recipes from this website and they have all been really good! Oh, and try the Black Bean and Avacado Brownies - they are perfect for when you need a chocolate fix. :) https://www.ambitiouskitchen.com/2016/11/healthy-avocado-black-bean-brownies/
Thanks day lillies gonna try these!