Honor your Mother!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

motojojo

Just a quick word to you young people honor your Mother, I've been not so kind to mine in the past and you can't take that stuff back. You have to be your own person just don't be a jerk about it. She is your only Mother.

G

giantone

I agree no matter what you only have one mom. I was blessed with a great one.

F

FixYourWeave

AMEN, i agree with both of you

Kathleen

Oct 13, 2009
i agree also with the three of you.
i myself was blessed withcgreat parents - one being my mum
we have the best relationship i could ask for tbh.
i hod her hand while walking through ASDA and i kiss her goodnight everynight, and i tell her every night before bed how much i truley love her, and how gratefull and thankfull i am , for her presence.
i love my mum with all my heart, I have the oldest mum in my year...God has bllessed me with her and i would rather spend alot of tim with her now, that regret not spending time with her, when I am at her gravestone.
(all of the above also works for my dad)
God Bless
Kath x

O

oopsies

Just a quick word to you young people honor your Mother, I've been not so kind to mine in the past and you can't take that stuff back. You have to be your own person just don't be a jerk about it. She is your only Mother.
And father as well if you have one. It is well worth the work to honour & respect them.

G

greatkraw

The Bible says do not despise your mother even when she is old.

When you have gotten to know someone over a period of decades you become aware of all their faults and limitations.

Nov 12, 2009
Honoring your parents is in the 10 commadments.
If you don't think they still apply, then I guess killing people and sleeping with someone's wife is still okay? I think NOT!!!
" Just my humble opinion

Apr 13, 2007
Some people don't have a mother in their life for whatever reason....the thing is, whomever is around and is your ''mother figure'' you should honor her just like she's your mother...because in reality she is. Same for that ''father figure''. I'm very blessed to have my grandparents, I consider them my parents. That's all there is to it. I always try to do my best to honor them, show appreciation for them, and more. Hugs and kisses goodnight...every night...even if we're in the middle of the store, and I'm going to go look at something...I don't care who's watching or anything, a kiss on the cheek and a nice hug before I go my way. They're 65 and I'm 22...I don't care though, if someone wants to laugh they may do so. I would simply look at them, smile, and walk off. No matter how old we get in life, we shouldn't be or seem to be ''ashamed''.

For some in a situation like mine, the best way to honor the parents, is to not speak evil against them, bad about them, etc. Now I've been guilty to an extent...I haven't exactly talked bad about them, but I have talked about things they have done that hurt me....it was a process of healing though, not to hurt them, make them look bad, or dishonor/disrespect them. It was said in confidence to whom I know won't gossip, and will pray for me. Really, mainly just my grandparents, my sister, and an aunt of mine. If I say something, or go to say something I feel wouldn't be respectful and honoring them, I try and think before I say it. If do slip up...I ask for forgiveness, repent, try harder, ask for wisdom, knowledge, understanding, compassion, patients, my heart not to be hardened, and so on. I feel that's about the best thing I can do. I figure Jesus can and has/does forgive me, so I have no excuse to not forgive them. After all, we're told if we don't forgive we aren't forgiven, but if we do, then we're also forgiven. Anyhow, I'll stop now sorry about that...just a word to the wise as the saying goes...God bless everyone!

J

Jordan9

What about other peoples' mothers?

What about Jesus' mother? Should we honor her?

G

greatkraw

Mary was a sinner; she needed a Saviour.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Thankyou for honoring God with this post. As a mom it is a wonderful post. smiles
Dont worry about what you say to a mom so much. all moms know you love them and do understand and forgive.
God bless, pickles

Status
Not open for further replies.