How can blasphemy against the holy spirit be commited???

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

jj408

can you commit this sin in your head.Can it be commited by a thought.Im just very worried that I might have commited blasphemy against the holy spirit.I feel like I was just really angry and depressed. so in my head I started getting really mad,sad, and emotional.I was just like why go to heaven in my head and then right after that I just started thinking these evil thoughts like blasphemy ones.Im just wondering is that really me thinking that.So im just wondering if I can still be forgiven ? no matter how bad my thoughts and emotions are I would never speak against god,the holy spirit, or mislead anyone.I know who god is and I know hes full of life,joy, and happiness.I just feel like I mest everythings mest up for myself

H

Heriberto777

Nope it can't be committed in your head.

K

karine___

jj don't worry :) i've been through EXACTLY what you are... God KNOWS you heart, your INTENTIONS no matter how strong your feelings are and tell you the opposite. personally i blame these condemning thoughts on a very low self-esteem i had all my life and i always had difficult to grasp how big God's love is for me and the idea i had of God was that He was unmerciful(like some people can be) , that He didn't understand the situation i was going through(what caused me to think dreadful things) even after saved , as soon as problems were before me i got weak (unable to face them in a godly way)and soon the same fears crowded my mind again and with them more and more dreadful thoughts (i know our minds can get crazy and our of control)but He knows who are His ,He knows what med you to think that, He knows your heart longs for Him , He knows your heart is thirsty for getting to know Him , God is greater than your heart, He knows your intentions ... right now that may seem blurred because of intense fear but your not what you're thinking you are.... by the way to blaspheme the Holy Spirit is to intentionally not give its due reverence , to fail to acknowledge goodness as God's, to harden one's heart towards the Lord continually (yes, there are people who intentionally refuse!) then obviously one day death comes and they didn't soften their hearts to the Truth and they won't see salvation ,that you may already know , but that's not your case. think that your journey has just begun , keep on asking , keep on knocking , don't accept fear, find out who you are in God and what are are to Him!

J

jj408

So even If you committed it in your head.thats not the same as speaking ot and misleading people right ?

K

karine___

of course not jj, some people who don't fear God willfully and intentionally speak out and so mislead others but everyone can be forgiven provided they repent .

by the way God's desire is to get you out of the sadness and depression which cause you to think those things (to show you the answer to your real problems and give you victory) and make you useful for His glory.remember Jesus came to set us free not to make us slaves of our feelings or thoughts or whatever else.

K

karine___

you feel so bad after those thoughts because you have a conscience that fears God jj , that's a good thing.

J

jj408

so no matter what those thoughts or anything cant keep me away from my salvation right ?

D

Dmurray

I think, I don't know. But what I think it is, is when we don't repent. If we don't repent of our sin then our sin can't be forgiven and we're not right with God if we don't repent. We have to be right with God.

K

karine___

right jj.... you are growing in Christ , as we all are, personally i find myself a baby Christian or a toddler , i'm growing in trust, dealing with fear and other issues, He's interested in our hearts , if we are willing ,Jesus who was once a human being like us ,will help us out of it, no matter what we struggle with.

D

DanuckInUSA

I would think a post about how to avoid this might be more prudent.

K

karine___

yes Dmurray that's true, provided we repent .btw i said "right jj " considering jj already fears the Lord and repents :p

D

Dmurray

I didn't read most of the posts sorry.

Don't worry about it a whole lot though, no one knows what it is. It's not like your accidentally going to commit Blasphemy against the Holy Ghost. It's not like accidentally saying or thinking a curse word or doing something wrong.

Feb 14, 2011
can you commit this sin in your head.Can it be commited by a thought.Im just very worried that I might have commited blasphemy against the holy spirit.I feel like I was just really angry and depressed. so in my head I started getting really mad,sad, and emotional.I was just like why go to heaven in my head and then right after that I just started thinking these evil thoughts like blasphemy ones.Im just wondering is that really me thinking that.So im just wondering if I can still be forgiven ? no matter how bad my thoughts and emotions are I would never speak against god,the holy spirit, or mislead anyone.I know who god is and I know hes full of life,joy, and happiness.I just feel like I mest everythings mest up for myself

HI BROTHER,

THE HOLY SPIRIT IS THE SPIRIT OF TRUTH, JOHN16:13.
IF YOU HAVE THE TRUTH AND YOU BLASPHEME,THE HOLY SPIRIT, THAT IS UNFORGIVABLE.
DONT WORRY IT IS NOT EASY TO BLAPHEME ABAINST THE HOLY SPIRIT.
ANY PERSON COULD HAVE THINGS IN THEIR MIND , THE IDEA IS TO DISMISS IT RIGHT AWAY.
DONT ALLOW IT TO LINGER ,LYING TO GOD IS A NO NO(TAKING GOD FOR A FOOL.)

Floyd

Jan 16, 2011
Mark 3:28-30
28 Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme: 29 But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation: 30 Because they said, He hath an unclean spirit.

His words of warning (3:28–30): He warns his wicked enemies that blasphemy against the Holy Spirit—which they are committing—is the unpardonable sin!

3:28–30. [“Blaspheming the Spirit” here means opposing Jesus’ messiahship so firmly that one resorts to accusations of sorcery to get around the Spirit’s signs confirming his identity. Different teachers debated whether some sins were eternally unforgivable; Jesus probably means that their hearts were becoming so hard they would never think to repent.

[Holy Spirit. In light of the context this refers to an attitude (not an isolated act or utterance) of defiant hostility toward God that rejects His saving power toward man, expressed in the Spirit-empowered person and work of Jesus. It is one’s preference for darkness even though he has been exposed to light (cf. John 3:19). Such a persistent attitude of willful unbelief can harden into a condition in which repentance and forgiveness, both mediated by God’s Spirit, become impossible. This person is guilty (enochos, “liable to, in the grasp”) of an eternal sin (sing., the ultimate sin because it remains forever unforgiven; cf. Matt. 12:32). Judas Iscariot (cf. Mark 3:29; 14:43-46) proved the reality of these words.

Mark explained that Jesus said all this because they (the Law teachers, 3:22) kept saying He was demon-possessed (v. 22b). Jesus did not actually say the scribes had committed this unpardonable sin; but they came perilously close by attributing His exorcisms to satanic power when they really were accomplished by the Holy Spirit. They were close to calling the Holy Spirit “Satan.”

J

jj408

wow.theres alot of different things people say about this sin.I just really want to move on and be free.I want to break the chains .

K

karine___

i got this from GotQuestions:

Question: "What is the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit?"

Answer:
The concept of “blasphemy against the Spirit” is mentioned in Mark 3:22-30 and Matthew 12:22-32. The term blasphemy may be generally defined as “defiant irreverence.” The term can be applied to such sins as cursing God or willfully degrading things relating to God. It is also attributing some evil to God, or denying Him some good that we should attribute to Him. This case of blasphemy, however, is a specific one, called “the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit” in Matthew 12:31. In Matthew 12:31-32, the Pharisees, having witnessed irrefutable proof that Jesus was working miracles in the power of the Holy Spirit, claimed instead that the Lord was possessed by the demon “Beelzebub” (Matthew 12:24). Now notice that in Mark 3:30 Jesus is very specific about what they did to commit “blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.”

This blasphemy has to do with someone accusing Jesus Christ of being demon-possessed instead of Spirit-filled. As a result, this particular incidence of blasphemy against the Holy Spirit cannot be duplicated today. Jesus Christ is not on earth—He is seated at the right hand of God. No one can witness Jesus Christ performing a miracle and then attribute that power to Satan instead of the Spirit. The closest example today would be attributing the miracle of a redeemed person’s changed life to Satan’s power rather than to the effects of the indwelling Holy Spirit.

The blasphemy of the Spirit today, which is the same as the unpardonable sin, is the state of continued unbelief. There is no pardon for a person who dies in unbelief. Continual rejection of the Holy Spirit’s promptings to trust in Jesus Christ is the unpardonable blasphemy against Him. Remember what is stated in John 3:16: “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” Further on in the same chapter is the verse “Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on him” (John 3:36). The only condition wherein someone would have no forgiveness is if he is not among the “whoever believes in Him,” for it is he who “rejects the Son.”

God bless you abundantly on your journey friend:)

zone

Jun 13, 2010
unless you accuse Jesus of performing His miracles by the power of Beelzebub you HAVE NOT COMMITTED the unpardonable sin.
i'm sorry in your distress Christians haven't answered this for you in a timely and concise manner.

you're ok. just relax and rest in Jesus.
peace.
zone.

J

jj408

what if you like had some much anger and stress on you and commited it in ur head without speaking it

S

Slepsog4

I do not believe that this particular sin can be committed today.

The historical context in which this sin occurred is not found today.

J

jj408

oh wow.I didnt know.But I mean for me its just been hard dealing with thoughts.Then eventually I just snapped in my head.I never spoke a word against the holy spirit .The thought just came full of anger anmd all kinds of emotional feelings.So Im just still wondering If it can be commited in your head without speaking