How could the Martyr Saints Endure?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Women’s faces are very wonderful. You usually put women’s faces on you scriptural verses. Is there a reason behind that?
Hmmm, um, probably simply because I am a woman. I have done a couple with a man on them, but felt somewhat stymied in the process, unless the figure was representative of Christ, which, in that case, it turns out some people found them quite offensive, which struck me as odd, since some of those same people would go on and on about how we are not under the law, etc. But because of that, I stopped constructing those particular types of figures. For the most part, that is, as I did do one earlier this year with a figure/face representing Christ. I do recall how one female figure in particular really helped personalize the message of the Scripture panel for me. Like really, BAM! Brought it right home in a way that makes me smile to this day when I see it. It was this one:

Acts 13:38-39
:)

ebdesroches

Aug 20, 2022
Hmmm, um, probably simply because I am a woman. I have done a couple with a man on them, but felt somewhat stymied in the process, unless the figure was representative of Christ, which, in that case, it turns out some people found them quite offensive, which struck me as odd, since some of those same people would go on and on about how we are not under the law, etc. But because of that, I stopped constructing those particular types of figures. For the most part, that is, as I did do one earlier this year with a figure/face representing Christ. I do recall how one female figure in particular really helped personalize the message of the Scripture panel for me. Like really, BAM! Brought it right home in a way that makes me smile to this day when I see it. It was this one:

Acts 13:38-39
:)
Now that is very good, yes cheerful, and the message is great!

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Scheme difference.

When you think this world is all we get, it hurts a lot when people take your stuff and beat you up. Your stuff is a measure of your success in life, and crippling you cripples your ability to earn more stuff and increase your measure of success.

When you know there's more to life than this world, it doesn't matter so much. We know we're going to lose it all anyway when we die, and even if we could take it there would be nothing to do with it in Heaven anyway. We even get new bodies there. Anything someone can do to us down here doesn't really seem quite as important anymore.
Your post brought to mind 2 Corinthians 4:17...For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory...

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Ah! That hits the spot. And what a guy face too! (I like your idea of women’s faces!)
Women are wonderful creations of God!
Yes, I agree, and thank you :) I am pretty sure that male figure is only one of two I have constructed
aside from any representing Jesus. The other was this one; I made more edits to it now trying to
improve it, as the original file I used for the figure was quite small and therefore very pixelated :cry:

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I am pretty sure that male figure is only one of two I have constructed
Ah! There is one more :D I designed it for @BlessedByGod who is a huge Star Wars fan ;)

He supplied the verse choice :) He has not been on site for almost a year :unsure::cry:

I hope he is okay...

oyster67

May 24, 2014
I can see that it was God’s presence in them. The sweet powerful love of the Father. The pain they experienced was intense, but the indwelling of God loving them was greater.
Amen. I often think of Steven, as he was being stoned...

Acts 7:56
“And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.”

ebdesroches

Aug 20, 2022

“And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.”
I know i love Him, but not as much as i want to. The even greater thing is that He loves me so much more it makes my love for Him look very small. I still don’t know why He loves in me, a mere speck of dirt, in the vastness of what He created. In modern parlance He is crazy about me. He vastly loves me and does not mention my sin.

I don’t want to offend Him in the least with His help. I hope He will help me see my hidden sin and repent of it. My wish is to be like the tax collector, fully realizing how sinful i really am.

ebdesroches

Aug 20, 2022
Yes, I agree, and thank you :) I am pretty sure that male figure is only one of two I have constructed
aside from any representing Jesus. The other was this one; I made more edits to it now trying to
improve it, as the original file I used for the figure was quite small and therefore very pixelated :cry:

Oh yes! Always!

ebdesroches

Aug 20, 2022

Stephen a very precious brother, such simple love of God, fearlessly enduring. A great model for us!