How do you do it?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Leilaii425

No, if you did that, you'd be associating with evil...can't have that...can't have that at all. You might as well wear a shirt that says Adam and Steve on it if you're gonna go breath sinner air.

i like to carry around an oxygen tank with me at all times and a bottle of lysol just incase i get around some sinners,

H

Harley_Angel

Smart lady.

Jan 8, 2009
your right, and i dont inhale dirty sinners air!
those lesbian girl germs are feral.

Seriously Harley, yeah I'd do what you keep doing. I find opportunities, I talk about my life as a christian, how great it is, say things like how I guess my greatest weakness is that I'm too forgiving, generous, loving and kind, and how I want them to be like me. Bah, there I go again, seriously though, they open up to you after you tell them your a christian. Say, "I went to church last sunday". They ask "what do you do there exactly?"... yada yada yada . Because they have negative or positive things to say and I find most people go into big long stories about their faith as you pretend to be or actually are, interested. Then again I have christian co-workers who like to blurt random "Jesus loves you all" and send emails to everyone. You can do that too if you want but I'm more casual at work. If they're interested you offer to go through some of the bible with them and discuss it some more, over lunch.

Last edited:
L

Leilaii425

those lesbian girl germs are feral.

Seriously Harley, yeah I'd do what you keep doing. I find opportunities, I talk about my life as a christian, how great it is, say things like how I guess my greatest weakness is that I'm too forgiving, generous, loving and kind, and how I want them to be like me. Bah, there I go again, seriously though, they open up to you after you tell them your a christian. Say, "I went to church last sunday". They ask "what do you do there exactly?"... yada yada yada . Because they have negative or positive things to say and I find most people go into big long stories about their faith as you pretend to be or actually are, interested. Then again I have christian co-workers who like to blurt random "Jesus loves you all" and send emails to everyone. You can do that too if you want but I'm more casual at work. Then formally you have dedicated outreach missions, surveys, cold calls, things like that if you want to "do it how Jesus did it".

some one tried to share the gospel with me today in the mcdonalds play place, but it smelled to much like b.o. in there for me to listen, plus im already a christian.

Jan 8, 2009
some one tried to share the gospel with me today in the mcdonalds play place, but it smelled to much like b.o. in there for me to listen, plus im already a christian.
Well good on them and I hope you highlighted their bo problem. I hope you said , "yes, my soul may be in danger of hell fire (thanks for asking), but onto more important matters, did you know you have really really bad B.O."? I did raise a topic in singles forum about bad breath and apparently it's a non-issue :S.

L

Leilaii425

Well good on them and I hope you highlighted their bo problem. I hope you said , "yes, my soul may be in danger of hell fire (thanks for asking), but onto more important matters, did you know you have really really bad B.O."? I did raise a topic in singles forum about bad breath and apparently it's a non-issue :S.
I tried the more suttle approach i said thank you that your concerned about my soul, but did you know your arm pits are making me feel queasy. I feel like b.o. is a issue. How can you get close to someone when they smell like old funk

Jan 8, 2009
They're only sharing the gospel, where was this in the mcdonalds playground tunnel?, did you expect them to french kiss you? Is that like friendship evangelism with benefits?

I

ilavjesus

personal testimony is a great witness to them...if you can show the way JEsus change your life...

Sharp

May 5, 2009
like Mahogany said a good way is to tell people what you were up to on the weekend. that usually gets you started talking about church.

what i usually do though, because i'm not always great at articulating my thoughts about these things, is try to let the church do the talking and put all my effort into getting the person to come to church with me. like maybe combining it with burgers afterwards or frisbee before.

D

Dread_Zeppelin

I usually become friends with them. Then after that, if they ask me further, I tell them what I'm all about. Then I show them through my life's example that I'm a Christian and I dont judge them harshly. I tell them the truth- that I dont believe in their lifestyle and Jesus loves them enough to die for their sins. After that they either accept me or not. It doesn't matter, because they come back running usually when their lives are in shambles. Two of my friends did.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
I try to serve those that do not believe, witness through example, then if Jesus opens the door and directs me, speak as gently and with as much love as possible. It is difficult to wait sometimes, but I have learned that if you push, they often push back. But by listening, they often provide the door that lets you enter. It is not my strong suit though, I dont want to injur or crush. My hope is to reach through the love of Jesus . There is alot of anger out there thease days towards religion. I find you have to help them see beyound religion and look for Jesus and his message. God bless, pickles

Sep 27, 2009
In the eighties the Lord led me to repent of some bad habits, and my life suddenly became indescribably beautiful. Sometimes, when the moment seems right, I will share this with someone. When I do that, a person might say I’m being judgmental, but all I’m trying to do is help them experience the beautiful thing that I experienced.

Is there a better way?

L

Loves_to_Grin

In the eighties the Lord led me to repent of some bad habits, and my life suddenly became indescribably beautiful. Sometimes, when the moment seems right, I will share this with someone. When I do that, a person might say I’m being judgmental, but all I’m trying to do is help them experience the beautiful thing that I experienced.

Is there a better way?
Not where I'm standing...

Personally, I've been a sinner loger than a saved child of Christ so I know how to intigrate myself into their lives. I do my absolute best to stay true to my purpose, then look for the God given time to share my experiences with them.

I have yet to have had that opportunity, but I will not give up on my new freinds... :)

G

Graybeard

My last place of work which only consisted of guys, opportunity would arise every now and again by them initiating it, like they would be in a group just talking general stuff when religion would become the topic, I always wound up defending the Word and Christianity and at times would get pretty aggressive, to me that was the appropriate way with the type I worked with. some may say":eek:"....

H

Harley_Angel

I've got a friend who is extremely against CHristianity, and his favorite thing to do is make fun of my religion while I'm around or try to discredit God. When he does, I smile at him and say, Jesus STILL loves you, then I walk away. I don't argue with him, I don't mock his beliefs, I don't try to prove the existence of God, I just smile, close my eyes, and let him know the Truth in a simply sentence. He usually doesn't have anything to say after that.

Oct 16, 2009
I have a similar friend, but I take a different approach.

Since I know most of his barbs are in good fun, being a textbook "weak atheist" / agnostic liberal type, I rip on him right back. Either it'll be some joke about being a communist, or Stalin, or it'll be like "You'll have plenty of time to crack jokes when you're burning in a lake of sulphur for all eterntiy" said calmly and matter of factly, of course.

Different strokes.. Guys are used to joshing each other, I think, and also IMO the perception of converting to Chrsitianity and not being any fun kind of works against certain potential converts, so I do think it's important to show we can still have a sense of humor.

H

Harley_Angel

I'll ask him if he can do something, and he's like, ugh, no I can't do that, so I'll be like...Jesus could. It makes him laugh.

Oct 16, 2009
Hehe.. I like to say that different sins make the baby Jesus cry. "The virgin Mary's gonna be all night consoling Him, and it's all because of you and your premarital relations!" lol

H

Harley_Angel

LOL! That's awesome! It reminds me of Talledega Nights "Dear baby Jesus..." "Honey, you don't always have to call him a baby. Jesus grew up, he was a man." "Yeah, but I like the Christmas baby Jesus the best."

Status
Not open for further replies.