HOW DO YOU KNOW GOD IS REAL???

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Nov 25, 2017
My daughter had the same experience..our family is full of ministers, pastors, etc. etc. I assumed she would fall in line, but that didn't happen. It wasn't until God decided to reveal Himself to her is when she believed. She told me for her it was tradition of going to church 3 times a week..Now she understands why we did it, and is now doing it. Again, it is always in God's time, not ours. :D

P

pottersclay

How do I know God is real....hhhmmmm. OMG where do I begin?

I think it was when I was all alone in a groove of apple trees maybe 8 or nine yrs old. Hot summers day staring at the sky. I was wondering what was beyond the blue in the sky. I grew up in a single parent home and my mom worked constantly to put food on the table. I found myself alone alot because the other kids did the family thing with their parents. Anyways I said right out loud if your real then you be my dad. A sort of awareness came to me that day which grew over the years. Had the privilege of going to a Christian summer camp where I meant Jesus for the first time.
Took many years after to put it all together but the long and short of it is from that day in that groove I never felt alone.
Some used to laugh and say that I had a invisible friend....ya know... butterfly net time....lol. But how true it was praise God.

May 11, 2014
For me it has always been obvious. I think the people who do not believe in God are not too bright to be honest.

I first acknowledged God through a Christmas play we had, and a lutheran pastor was visiting and started the event with praying and saying "Heavenly Father" and that is when I decided in my small head to also talk to that guy! I believe nothing comes out of nothing. That there is a God is self-evident, but then one can ask which god?

I think proving the God of the bible to be the correct one is fairly easy. All the other "holy" books other religions have are just bad poetry and incoherent babblings. The bible is the only consistent work written by many different authors during thousands of years and yet is consistent.
Add to this the historical accuracy, the impossible prophecies that have been fulfilled and the preservation of Israelites and you got a compelling case.

Show me where are the hittites, the amalakites, the philistines? No where, but there are still Hebrews.
Hebrew is the oldest known language still alive today.

One final proof is that God is personal, God is close. So the personal testimony angle cannot be overlooked as proof in my opinion.