How does one "praitice" one of these things?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Hizikyah

Aug 25, 2013
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]How does a person "[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]practice righteousness or practice wickedness [/FONT]"

John/Yahanan 5:28-30, “Do not be astonished at this-for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice, and will come forth. Those who have practiced righteousness will be resurrected in order to live; and those who have practiced wickedness will be resurrected in order to be damned."

[/FONT]
“[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]practiced” is word #G4160 ποιέω poieo (poi-ye'-ō) v., to make or do.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]{in a very wide application, more or less direct; properly refers to a single act thus differing from G4238}, [apparently a prolonged form of an obsolete primary], Compare: G4238[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]
[/FONT]

trofimus

Aug 17, 2015
μὴ θαυμάζετε τοῦτο, ὅτι ἔρχεται ὥρα ἐν ᾗ πάντες οἱ ἐν τοῖς μνημείοις ἀκούσουσιν τῆς φωνῆς αὐτοῦ καὶ ἐκπορεύσονται
- οἱ τὰ ἀγαθὰ ποιήσαντες εἰς ἀνάστασιν ζωῆς, οἱ τὰ φαῦλα πράξαντες εἰς ἀνάστασιν κρίσεως.

"Do not marvel at this, because an hour is coming in which all who are in tombs will hear his voice/sound and will come forth
- the ones doing good things to ressurection of life, the ones practicing worthless/evil things to ressurection of judgement.
"

What is interesting to me, is the word "tombs". Not everybody is in tomb. So.. is Jesus speaking about physical tombs?

Joidevivre

Jul 15, 2014
Well, I practice righteousness by continually telling myself that I "am the righteousness of Christ", and the more I hear these thoughts, my actions sort of line up with that.

I find that the more I think of His righteousness imparted to me, the more I tend to act as I think Jesus would act.

What you believe about yourself makes all the difference.

Hizikyah

Aug 25, 2013
Well, I practice righteousness by continually telling myself that I "am the righteousness of Christ", and the more I hear these thoughts, my actions sort of line up with that.

I find that the more I think of His righteousness imparted to me, the more I tend to act as I think Jesus would act.

What you believe about yourself makes all the difference.
If I may put this into my words? telling yourself to stay in the "vine" I like it! praiseYah!

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]John/Yahanan 15:5-16, "I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, produces much fruit; but without Me, you can do nothing. If anyone does not abide in Me, he is thrown away like a branch, and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned. If you abide in Me, and letting My words; abide in you, you will ask what you will, and it will be done for you. In this is My Father glorified: when you produce much fruit; and in this way you become My disciples. Just as the Father has loved Me, so have I loved you; continue in My love. If you keep My Commands, you will abide in My love; just as I have kept My Father's Commands, and abide in His love. These things I have spoken to you, that My joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be complete. This is My Command: Love one another as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this: that one would lay down his life on behalf of his brothers. You are My brothers, if you do whatever I command you."[/FONT]

trofimus

Aug 17, 2015
We all know that Hizikyah wants to arrive at the Old Testament Law and sabbath obedience.

So we will pretend for a while that we do not know that yet :)

Hizikyah

Aug 25, 2013
μὴ θαυμάζετε τοῦτο, ὅτι ἔρχεται ὥρα ἐν ᾗ πάντες οἱ ἐν τοῖς μνημείοις ἀκούσουσιν τῆς φωνῆς αὐτοῦ καὶ ἐκπορεύσονται
- οἱ τὰ ἀγαθὰ ποιήσαντες εἰς ἀνάστασιν ζωῆς, οἱ τὰ φαῦλα πράξαντες εἰς ἀνάστασιν κρίσεως.

"Do not marvel at this, because an hour is coming in which all who are in tombs will hear his voice/sound and will come forth
- the ones doing good things to ressurection of life, the ones practicing worthless/evil things to ressurection of judgement.
"

What is interesting to me, is the word "tombs". Not everybody is in tomb. So.. is Jesus speaking about physical tombs?
Hard to be 100% sure,. but I always looked at it from the ovew that most people weill be ead physically when He returns anyway:

Isaiah 24:1-6, "See, יהוה is making the earth empty and making it waste, and shall overturn its surface, and shall scatter abroad its inhabitants. 2 And it shall be – as with the people so with the priest, as with the servant so with his master, as with the female servant so with her mistress, as with the buyer so with the seller, as with the lender so with the borrower, as with the creditor so with the debtor; 3 the earth is completely emptied and utterly plundered, for יהוה has spoken this word. 4 The earth shall mourn and wither, the world shall languish and wither, the haughty people of the earth shall languish. 5 For the earth has been defiled under its inhabitants, because they have transgressed the Torah, changed the law, broken the everlasting covenant. 6 Therefore a curse shall consume the earth, and those who dwell in it be punished. Therefore the inhabitants of the earth shall be burned, and few men shall be left.”

Matt 24:21-22, "For then will be great tribulation, such as has not come to pass since the beginning ofthe world to this time--no, nor ever will be. And unless those days were shortened, there would no flesh be saved; but for the elect's sake, those days will be shortened."

I always thought of it as the vast majority will be physically dead therefore the statement, Im open to hear any onter view however, but also how are these things actually practiced.

Hizikyah

Aug 25, 2013
We all know that Hizikyah wants to arrive at the Old Testament Law and sabbath obedience.

So we will pretend for a while that we do not know that yet :)
This thread is not focused on Sabbath or any particular act, and there is no intention for a fopcus on something specific, not that specific thiongs can not be mentioned, but it is not the main fpcus here. If I wanted a Sabbath topic I would an I have made them, I am in no way affraid to speak about His word.