How To Be A Witness

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

Baruch

John 3:28Ye yourselves bear me witness, that I said, I am not the Christ, but that I am sent before him. 29He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled. 30He must increase, but I must decrease.

John 5:31If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.

John 7:18He that speaketh of himself seeketh his own glory: but he that seeketh his glory that sent him, the same is true, and no unrighteousness is in him. 19Did not Moses give you the law, and yet none of you keepeth the law? Why go ye about to kill me?

Matthew 15: 7Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying, 8This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me. 9But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men. 10And he called the multitude, and said unto them, Hear, and understand: 11Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man. .....

18But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man. 19For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies: 20These are the things which defile a man:

Matthew 12:35A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things. 36But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. 37For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

2 Corinthians 4:5For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake. 6For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. 7But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

Psalm 19:14Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

1 Corinthians 3:4For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal? 5Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man? 6I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase. 7So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.

1 Corinthians 2:2For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

Philippians 2:9Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: 10That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; 11And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

In application to current testimonies today, I have been set free from speaking of my commitment to follow Christ to rest in God's Covenant of His commitment to me to not only save me but to help me live as His thus the reason why the just shall live by faith in the Son of God and all His promises to us.... so that now... my testimony is of Him by declaring my faith and hopes in Him.

A sinner will walk away from Christ when a believer testifies of his commitment to Him for then he cannot see it in himself to make one to follow Jesus when he is a slave to sin, but if we stop speaking of ourselves in bearing false witness of man and start declaring our faith in Christ, then the sinners will be converted to Him by placing their hopes on the Lord to not only save them from their sins, but to help them live as His.... thus the just shall live by faith.

So let those that live by faith in Him and all His promises to us be set free from the boast of the flesh to declaring their faith in Jesus Christ.

That is how we are to be true witnesses of Him. And yes, may He also enable us to apply faith towards Him to help us to do even that.

2 Corinthians 3:4And such trust have we through Christ to God-ward: 5Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God; 6Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

Psalm 100: 3Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.

G

G-man

How should I go about being a witness to someone who is not particularly interested in salvation or the fact that Jesus died for them.

Feb 3, 2010
How should I go about being a witness to someone who is not particularly interested in salvation or the fact that Jesus died for them.
Love them and witness love to other people in their presence.

G

G-man

That is what I figured I should do. I try to act on the whole " Actions speak louder than words" thing but I don't feel as though I am reaching out to anyone when I am just an example that few people care to follow.

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2007
before I go into certain situations I pray for God to enable me through the Holy Spirit to have his perfect words for that individual. When this occurs I acknowledge the presence of the Lord when that person says hey this is so what I am going through. I'm like yeah the Lord is right beside you and he awaits your precious heart. Sometimes I pray for the oportunity and it doesnt present itself... I do not force those situations as obviously it is not the time. Every little seed that you throw out in acknowledgement of the Lord in your testimony & what he has done for you as a person these are seeds of faith that fall and also when people become aware that you are transformed in the person you are because of your faith in Christ, you let your light shine among men so to speak. You may not see this light but others will. I know with me others notice the difference in me more than i notice it as I tend to focus on how flawed I am. The biggest thing is the knowledge that warts and all God loves me and I am white as snow by the blood shed in my Lord & savior Christ Jesus and I WANT that for EVERY single soul I know!

S

shad

That is what I figured I should do. I try to act on the whole " Actions speak louder than words" thing but I don't feel as though I am reaching out to anyone when I am just an example that few people care to follow.
When Jesus sents the disciples out He did not tell them to go and love people, He said GO PREACH THE GOSPEL TO EVERY CREATURE / Mk 16:15. When God loved us didn't He send His Son? His Son went and we should go. In other words go and confess the Lord Jesus Christ by name and tell them of the great things that He has done through the cross and do not be ashamed of the gospel of Christ because it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believes / Rom 1:16. After you do that you can show them the love of God with how you live your life.

Remember Jesus Christ came to seek and save that which is lost / Lk 19:10 and what shall it profit a man if he gain the whole world and lose his own soul / Mt 16:26. Let those things motivate you though the love of God to tell others about Jesus Christ and Him crucified / 1Cor 1:23. Don't be religious, be a Spirit-filled dynamo for God and let your light shine before men that they may glorify your Father in heaven / Mt 5:16.

VW

Banned
Dec 22, 2009
before I go into certain situations I pray for God to enable me through the Holy Spirit to have his perfect words for that individual. When this occurs I acknowledge the presence of the Lord when that person says hey this is so what I am going through. I'm like yeah the Lord is right beside you and he awaits your precious heart. Sometimes I pray for the oportunity and it doesnt present itself... I do not force those situations as obviously it is not the time. Every little seed that you throw out in acknowledgement of the Lord in your testimony & what he has done for you as a person these are seeds of faith that fall and also when people become aware that you are transformed in the person you are because of your faith in Christ, you let your light shine among men so to speak. You may not see this light but others will. I know with me others notice the difference in me more than i notice it as I tend to focus on how flawed I am. The biggest thing is the knowledge that warts and all God loves me and I am white as snow by the blood shed in my Lord & savior Christ Jesus and I WANT that for EVERY single soul I know!

Jesus teaching on the Holy Spirit who was to come said that He would convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment. Not convict us, but the world. How is He going to accomplish this if we are not willing to let Him work through us? The Spirit will convict even the hardest heart of these three things, sin, righteousness, and judgment. The basis of the road to salvation, to seeing the need for salvation.

Sin: because they do not believe in Him.

Righteousness: because He has returned to the Father. (By the resurrection.)

Judgment: because the ruler of this world, (the devil,) is judged.

If the Spirit is the power of our testimony, as He is given to be, then it will convict the hearer, even the hardened hearer.

"For when I came among you, I determined to know nothing except Jesus Christ, and Him crucified...............that your faith should rest not on the reasoning of men, but on the power of God."

Feb 27, 2007
I'm sorry VW... I'm a little thick, please tell me what am I doing wrong? Is it where I stated I notice or focus on how flawed I am? I'm just confused. I ask this not to argue (been doing a bit of that lately, sorry) I ask with a pure heart seeking what you are telling me but not really getting it.

VW

Banned
Dec 22, 2009
I'm sorry VW... I'm a little thick, please tell me what am I doing wrong? Is it where I stated I notice or focus on how flawed I am? I'm just confused. I ask this not to argue (been doing a bit of that lately, sorry) I ask with a pure heart seeking what you are telling me but not really getting it.
You ain't doing nothing wrong. I wrote what I did not to say you are wrong but to say how much I agree with you. And to show a way that the Lord has provided for even the hardest heart to hear Him.

Please do not think I am critical of you or what you have said.

I was very worried that you might have been offended by the posts I made in bearing false witness.

And I prayed earnestly that this was not the case.

Sometimes I am thicker than a mile of solid rock. Comes from being Bohemian.

You have just the best of hearts.

In His love,

Feb 27, 2007
Your posts are posts written with the heart of a man who cherish's the Lord and I look upon them and reflect that if this is how you are thinking than perhaps where am I thinking wrong or perhaps misunderstanding. Look at my tag line, I do try to heed the rebuke and so that is why I needed to know what you were conveying to me as one filled with the HOly Spirit would give me advise on the ministering to lost souls. I will receive any and all advise on this as I truly am surrounded by beautiful people who reject Christ. I in no way would want my words or actions to cause them to turn away from Christ so I prayerfully consider them. I definitely NEVER speak to them with the conviction that I spoke in the false witness thread for this convction stems from a defensiveness of the Core of our faith to another brother in Christ. I got nasty & I didnt like that much & I'm sorry. I read what you said and thoughtfully pondered it. I truly hope I wasnt baring false witness in misunderstanding.

VW

Banned
Dec 22, 2009
Your posts are posts written with the heart of a man who cherish's the Lord and I look upon them and reflect that if this is how you are thinking than perhaps where am I thinking wrong or perhaps misunderstanding. Look at my tag line, I do try to heed the rebuke and so that is why I needed to know what you were conveying to me as one filled with the HOly Spirit would give me advise on the ministering to lost souls. I will receive any and all advise on this as I truly am surrounded by beautiful people who reject Christ. I in no way would want my words or actions to cause them to turn away from Christ so I prayerfully consider them. I definitely NEVER speak to them with the conviction that I spoke in the false witness thread for this convction stems from a defensiveness of the Core of our faith to another brother in Christ. I got nasty & I didnt like that much & I'm sorry. I read what you said and thoughtfully pondered it. I truly hope I wasnt baring false witness in misunderstanding.
No, I don't think that you were. I believe that there were misleading words, hard to understand that could be misconstrued and seen as promoting other ways to salvation than Christ Jesus.

Now as to my posts being read as to how you might be thinking wrong, or misunderstanding..........we all think wrong, i.e. not like Jesus, and we all misunderstand. It is why we know in part now, but then we will know just as we are known. If you must read my writing with this attitude, okay, but I do not write with this purpose. I write to open His truth, not to show wrong. To add to our understanding, not to criticize or rebuke. I don't have the heart for rebuking another. Good, thing, because as with everything else I do, I would get it wrong.

You are a blessing to me and to this group.

Feb 3, 2010
When Jesus sents the disciples out He did not tell them to go and love people, He said GO PREACH THE GOSPEL TO EVERY CREATURE / Mk 16:15. When God loved us didn't He send His Son? His Son went and we should go. In other words go and confess the Lord Jesus Christ by name and tell them of the great things that He has done through the cross and do not be ashamed of the gospel of Christ because it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believes / Rom 1:16. After you do that you can show them the love of God with how you live your life.

Remember Jesus Christ came to seek and save that which is lost / Lk 19:10 and what shall it profit a man if he gain the whole world and lose his own soul / Mt 16:26. Let those things motivate you though the love of God to tell others about Jesus Christ and Him crucified / 1Cor 1:23. Don't be religious, be a Spirit-filled dynamo for God and let your light shine before men that they may glorify your Father in heaven / Mt 5:16.
Love is the gospel - that is what Jesus preached.