How to make your own hand sanitizer

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
How to Make Your Own Hand Sanitizer

HS in our area aren't expected to be on shelves anytime in the near future. Not at least until July, according to one retailer. There are also resources that advise not to make your own hand sanitizer. I think it is a matter of personal choice and research into the recipe for HS.

Be well.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Thanks for a most thoughtful post.

laughingheart

Sep 21, 2016
I would opt for grating some soap, mixing it with water and putting it into a little pump container. It is almost impossible to find this type of alcohol and aloe vera right now. I'd bring some bottled water with me so I could pump, wash and rinse. I'm intolerant of alcohol so it is a better alternative for me to just use soap. It takes a little more work but is a possible alternative. I think if we all share info and tips we will all be better off. Thanks.

Feb 28, 2016
we've used mixtures of essential oils-acv, alcohol for years as sanitizers and pest sprays -
a little reading and studying up will bring great results...

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
just use hot water and soap...then dry them
alcohol dries your hands out. the only reason alcohol is used is cos it evaporates quickly as people dont want to bother actually washing their hands.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
If theres no towels or wipes or sun, use a fresh leaf, furry lambs ears are actually good to use as wipes...and as toilet paper. dont need to buy them either just grow them and pick them.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Or if you are rich enough to have a whole bitcoin:

Feb 28, 2016
alcohol kills bacteria faster that straight 'bleach' which to the human body is very, very, harmful, but,
we should never use any alcohol percentage that's above 50%, unless we dilute it...
our best mixture is:
TTREE OIL-ALCOHOL-VINEGAR-PEPPERMINT OIL and ROSEMARY - and of course we are talking
PURE OILS and NOT 'imitation oils' that are all on the $4.98 rack,. they are complete 'rip-offs'...