How will people remember you?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

LordsHandmaiden

Hi!
Please take a moment to think of your answer as you reflect on the life you've lived.

Don't just be glib if you chose to answer this question but be sincere in your evaluations.

My answer:
I would that my children remember I was a loving Mom,one who taught them good values and how to treat their fellow humans.
One who taught them the word and how to love and live for God.

I would that my family value and remember the closeness and love we shared,and always having their back.

I would that my friends knew of my love and concern for them and that I tried to tell them of His precious love.

I would love to be remembered as a Proverbs 31 woman,and that I passed through life having this testimony" She loved and served God".

She was kind,friendly and thought of others.She had a love to laugh and enjoyed her life without fear.

We all will have a testimony or legacy if we live or die.

How will you be remembered?

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
When you're called to stand and tell
What you saw in me
More than anything I know
I want your words to be

She had her Father's eyes
Her Father's eyes
Eyes that saw the good in things
When good was not around
Eyes that found the source of help
When help could not be found
Eyes full of compassion
Seeing every pain
Knowing what you're going through
And feeling it the same
Just like her Father's eyes

Amy Grant

L

LordsHandmaiden

I won't be. Simple as that.

Why won't you be?
You must have family,friends,co- workers,aquaintances?
There must be interactions in your life that people will remember.
No one is an island,and even if we pass this way quietly someone must care and love you!

L

LordsHandmaiden

When you're called to stand and tell
What you saw in me
More than anything I know
I want your words to be

She had her Father's eyes
Her Father's eyes
Eyes that saw the good in things
When good was not around
Eyes that found the source of help
When help could not be found
Eyes full of compassion
Seeing every pain
Knowing what you're going through
And feeling it the same
Just like her Father's eyes

Amy Grant

Nice song lyrics.
But I'm asking how YOU will be remembered, I know you're some sort of writer.
Published works?
Family? Children? Siblings? Friends?

L

LordsHandmaiden

I will be remembered "He tried".

Good for you Tourist!
In that at least people will remember you as not being a quitter.

It will be remembered as well that you gave it the best you had!

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Nice song lyrics.
But I'm asking how YOU will be remembered, I know you're some sort of writer.
Published works?
Family? Children? Siblings? Friends?
A writer? No way. I'm just a line cook at a fast food factory.

I want to be remembered the way the pastor put it last December. At the church Christmas party they were acknowledging everybody who did stuff in all the departments. Then he got to me and said, "And Isaac of course, he has his hands in about everything around the church. If something's going on, he's there to help."

Well... why not? It's the most profitable use I've ever found for my time. It gets things done that I think are important to be done.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
I speak in terms of fame. As for those whom I love, they do not know me, but this is to be expected when the world means little, if anything.. I certainly do not have a desire to remember anything of this age..

The Father will always know each of us.

L

LordsHandmaiden

I speak in terms of fame. As for those whom I love, they do not know me, but this is to be expected when the world means little, if anything.. I certainly do not have a desire to remember anything of this age..

The Father will always know each of us.

I'm sorry!
I have had much joy in this life and many blessings!
I have many sweet memories of those I have loved that have passed.
I pass a sign by the roadside frequently that says" Tell 3 people today that you love them"
If you love someone tell them for love is a great gift!
I can say with all sincerity from reading your post that you show tenderness and kindness when you post to someone.
That in itself is remarkable when the world,even among those who claim faith are unkind and mean spirited.
Be blessed my brother for God holds us all in the palm of His hands.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I don't really care if they remember me at all. I just want to be certain in my own mind that I have made a difference, that this part of the world is better than it would have been if I had not been here. As long as I know I have helped them, they can forget all about me.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
On this topic, though...

There's an old saying: "No matter what kind of person you are or what you have done for others, the turnout at your funeral will still be determined by the weather."

A couple years ago a really great guy I knew died. He had been a pastor, evangelist, then assistant pastor at our church (yes, a step down from being a pastor, but it was where he was needed at the time.) You always knew where you stood with him. When he died it was a cold, rainy day in winter, but the funeral home was packed solid with people.

He never had a lot of money. He used it to good effect while he was here. But he had a whole lot of people who remembered him. So much for the old saying.

G00WZ

May 16, 2014
I don't know how i will be remembered, people have their own perspectives of me already. I live, and i do what i do, and people will come to whatever conclusions that they come to. I am not interested in feeling bound to maintaining some type of a name for myself with the hopes of leaving behind some type of egoistic legacy that glorifies myself.

It's cool if people have fond memories of me though, but there are greater things beyond me.