I always thought there was more to this.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
We read of the many healings of Jesus Our Lord, but the one that has always stood out to me is in
John 9:1 through 7.
It is where Jesus speaks to the blind man that was blind not due to sin but for the glory of God Our Father.
The reason it stood out was because when Jesus healed this blind man, He spat on the ground and made mud , which He spread on the mans eyes. Then told him to go wash in the pool of (Siloam.)
(meaning one who was sent)
In all of the other healings of Jesus he simply said your sins are forgiven, yet this healing was different.
Last night as I read this , I wondered again, then it hit me that when God Our Father made man, he formed him from clay, mud.
The significence was the mud, when affliction is from sin, Jesus forgave thus freeing the person from their affliction.
But when the affliction is to glorify God, it is of creation, thus by putting the mud on the mans eyes it represented the completion, or correction of creation.
So what do you think, am I totally off base here? Or does this make sence?
Thankyou and God bless.
pickles

E

ed

We read of the many healings of Jesus Our Lord, but the one that has always stood out to me is in
John 9:1 through 7.
It is where Jesus speaks to the blind man that was blind not due to sin but for the glory of God Our Father.
The reason it stood out was because when Jesus healed this blind man, He spat on the ground and made mud , which He spread on the mans eyes. Then told him to go wash in the pool of (Siloam.)
(meaning one who was sent)
In all of the other healings of Jesus he simply said your sins are forgiven, yet this healing was different.
Last night as I read this , I wondered again, then it hit me that when God Our Father made man, he formed him from clay, mud.
The significence was the mud, when affliction is from sin, Jesus forgave thus freeing the person from their affliction.
But when the affliction is to glorify God, it is of creation, thus by putting the mud on the mans eyes it represented the completion, or correction of creation.
So what do you think, am I totally off base here? Or does this make sence?
Thankyou and God bless.
pickles
Hi Pickles,
Simply,I don't know. Thinking out loud. This is a very long story in John9:1 -41. This says the man was born blind. Jesus is asked who sinned, the man or his parents. Jesus answer neither. To me the mystery starts here. How would this man sin before he was born? (Adams sin discounted) I ask this because Jesus did not refute the possibility put forward by the disciples. Night is coming when no man can work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This whole episode is way beyond my understanding. As for the mud, that too is a mystery. Jesus also healed people who were not even present but at the request of a third party. Personally I see all healings being for the glory of God. Jesus did not heal these people simply because they were afflicted. His healings were a witness for us so that we may believe.Thousands of preachers all over the world go around trying to heal and I feel sure that they do it to attain a level of faith and because in their hearts they want to heal sick people but they fail to realise that people's circumstances which includes their health are as God desires them for their salvation. I don't know how He works for those who completely ignore Him. But I can assure you that with me personally, my health is used to direct me. If I suffer a health problem, (and I do have various problems ) but when it becomse acute, I praise God. I know He has work for me to do and my circumstances will position me or "keep" me and often "keep" me safe especially from myself. We also need to understand that Jesus "took on" the illnesses he banished. Jesus was a weakly and sickly man because of all the healings he did. He paid the price for them, all of them. One verse which provides this proof is that when he went back to his own town he could do very few miracles because of disbelief. And they said to him (maybe in spirit) physican (Jesus) heal thyself. The young man they knew as a carpenter was a strong healthy man. The man who stood before them was weakly and sickly. So they said " if you can heal people then first you should heal yourself" Because of this they could not believe that he was the Christ and therefore they did not ask him to heal them. Their lack of faith did not nullify God's authority but their lack of faith meant they did not ask. Ask and you will receive.
love
edwin

C

Consumed

i feel Jesus was speaking in terms of the man being born blind as to all our spiritual state we are in when we enter this world, we are born blind spiritually, the clay as pickles mentioned does give thought and credence to the fact we are all made from clay, well pointed out i thought.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Hi Pickles,
Simply,I don't know. Thinking out loud. This is a very long story in John9:1 -41. This says the man was born blind. Jesus is asked who sinned, the man or his parents. Jesus answer neither. To me the mystery starts here. How would this man sin before he was born? (Adams sin discounted) I ask this because Jesus did not refute the possibility put forward by the disciples. Night is coming when no man can work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This whole episode is way beyond my understanding. As for the mud, that too is a mystery. Jesus also healed people who were not even present but at the request of a third party. Personally I see all healings being for the glory of God. Jesus did not heal these people simply because they were afflicted. His healings were a witness for us so that we may believe.Thousands of preachers all over the world go around trying to heal and I feel sure that they do it to attain a level of faith and because in their hearts they want to heal sick people but they fail to realise that people's circumstances which includes their health are as God desires them for their salvation. I don't know how He works for those who completely ignore Him. But I can assure you that with me personally, my health is used to direct me. If I suffer a health problem, (and I do have various problems ) but when it becomse acute, I praise God. I know He has work for me to do and my circumstances will position me or "keep" me and often "keep" me safe especially from myself. We also need to understand that Jesus "took on" the illnesses he banished. Jesus was a weakly and sickly man because of all the healings he did. He paid the price for them, all of them. One verse which provides this proof is that when he went back to his own town he could do very few miracles because of disbelief. And they said to him (maybe in spirit) physican (Jesus) heal thyself. The young man they knew as a carpenter was a strong healthy man. The man who stood before them was weakly and sickly. So they said " if you can heal people then first you should heal yourself" Because of this they could not believe that he was the Christ and therefore they did not ask him to heal them. Their lack of faith did not nullify God's authority but their lack of faith meant they did not ask. Ask and you will receive.
love
edwin
Hi Edwin, I have been reading and listening more to what is said in healing. LIke you I have many health issues that limit my life. I have been at pace in Jesus with this as it has served Him in many ways. Also in Jesus one is not limited in Spirit.
But I believe that Jesus is showing m more lately, for reasons that I believe have to do with what lays ahead.
As I sadi though this one scripture I believe has a greater message, The part where Jesus sent the man to the pool ( meanining one who was sent) is significant to me.
Anyway, just have to let the Holy Spirit lead on this.
Thankyou and God bless, pickles

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
i feel Jesus was speaking in terms of the man being born blind as to all our spiritual state we are in when we enter this world, we are born blind spiritually, the clay as pickles mentioned does give thought and credence to the fact we are all made from clay, well pointed out i thought.
Thankyou for pointing out the blind before Jesus came to make us see, that is a good point as well, since the man was told to wash his eyes in the pool of (the one who was sent).
The mud is important thankyou, but as we look to all of what Jesus does, nothing is waisted, all words and actions teach.:)
Thankyou and God bless. pickles

E

ed

Hi Edwin, I have been reading and listening more to what is said in healing. LIke you I have many health issues that limit my life. I have been at pace in Jesus with this as it has served Him in many ways. Also in Jesus one is not limited in Spirit.
But I believe that Jesus is showing m more lately, for reasons that I believe have to do with what lays ahead.
As I sadi though this one scripture I believe has a greater message, The part where Jesus sent the man to the pool ( meanining one who was sent) is significant to me.
Anyway, just have to let the Holy Spirit lead on this.
Thankyou and God bless, pickles
Hi Pickles,
Yes I agree this piece of scripture has a lot to offer with mysteries still to be revealed. I often think of revelation (understandings) as coming to me only as they concern my particular walk. Revelation is not given so I can become smarter and impress others or feel smug within myself. I understand that there is a central core of Christianity which all believers will have to understand so that they can believe but then further out from the core our understandings become limited to our personal walk. So what you understand in many issues has not been available to me and so on with those who are chosen then called. By sharing we gain greater understanding and that which we give (understanding ) is a witness to our walk with Jesus.
love
edwin

May 16, 2010
Just something to consider, I find it rather interesting to see you's express your Health issues this way, as I feel the exact same thing!

From studying, WE ALL Know that there are the masses of Healings & Miraicles, that were Promised from CHRIST, that would be Greater than that of

Him and the Apostles, hasn't happened YET!

Then there was the Night cometh when NO Man can work, that ED mentioned seems to be a mystery. I Beleive that Mystery IS Unveiled at this time as;

The Only Night I Know OF, IS The Night Of The LORD!

Comes just Before the Day of The LORD; and is Known as The Day of Jacobs Trouble!!! ( 10 Days of Tribulation) GOD Promised never MORE than,

10 Days of Tribulation, at a time,and HE WILL Provide a Break!

And WE The Children of GRACE, THE GOOD NEWS! Don't even have to Worry about it, IF WE do OUR FATHERS WILL for 10 DAYS;

Already Promised IF YOU do MY WILL; They WILL NOT Harm a hair on YOUR Heads!!! I Give YOU POWER to Tread On Scorpions & Serpents!!!

IN AND THROUGH THE NAME OF JESUS THE CHRIST!!!

What is this 10 day Tribulation??? I pretty sure everyone here KNOWS the FAKE Christ is FIRST!!!

When HE Does! and MOST of the WORLD goes whoreing after Him; The Great Apostacey( The Devils Party) The Abomonation

The Rest of US do OUR FATHERS WILL; An ACT of GENUINE CARING for 10 DAYS!

To HELP ALL those in NEED of assistance, to Caravan to a Local Park, In YOUR GEOGRAPHICAL LOCATION

To RECEIVE Those HEALINGS CHRIST Promised; That is WHY YOU cannot work Because Preaching IS OVER!!! Time to ROLL!

Anyway IT Only Gets Better & Better for US that Genuinley CARE from there, Its ALL SO EXCITING!!!

AS WE Know GOD Doesn't Do Anything for Nothing, and WILL Make Great USE of US, After that Night!!!

Love & Peace To ALL in CHRIST!!!

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Just something to consider, I find it rather interesting to see you's express your Health issues this way, as I feel the exact same thing!

From studying, WE ALL Know that there are the masses of Healings & Miraicles, that were Promised from CHRIST, that would be Greater than that of

Him and the Apostles, hasn't happened YET!

Then there was the Night cometh when NO Man can work, that ED mentioned seems to be a mystery. I Beleive that Mystery IS Unveiled at this time as;

The Only Night I Know OF, IS The Night Of The LORD!

Comes just Before the Day of The LORD; and is Known as The Day of Jacobs Trouble!!! ( 10 Days of Tribulation) GOD Promised never MORE than,

10 Days of Tribulation, at a time,and HE WILL Provide a Break!

And WE The Children of GRACE, THE GOOD NEWS! Don't even have to Worry about it, IF WE do OUR FATHERS WILL for 10 DAYS;

Already Promised IF YOU do MY WILL; They WILL NOT Harm a hair on YOUR Heads!!! I Give YOU POWER to Tread On Scorpions & Serpents!!!

IN AND THROUGH THE NAME OF JESUS THE CHRIST!!!

What is this 10 day Tribulation??? I pretty sure everyone here KNOWS the FAKE Christ is FIRST!!!

When HE Does! and MOST of the WORLD goes whoreing after Him; The Great Apostacey( The Devils Party) The Abomonation

The Rest of US do OUR FATHERS WILL; An ACT of GENUINE CARING for 10 DAYS!

To HELP ALL those in NEED of assistance, to Caravan to a Local Park, In YOUR GEOGRAPHICAL LOCATION

To RECEIVE Those HEALINGS CHRIST Promised; That is WHY YOU cannot work Because Preaching IS OVER!!! Time to ROLL!

Anyway IT Only Gets Better & Better for US that Genuinley CARE from there, Its ALL SO EXCITING!!!

AS WE Know GOD Doesn't Do Anything for Nothing, and WILL Make Great USE of US, After that Night!!!

Love & Peace To ALL in CHRIST!!!
Good words glowing,
last night I simply let the Holy Spirit guide my reading of the scriptures. Every time I opened to words about the times of trial before the coming of Jesus.
With all the struggles many are facing I truelly believe we are being readied for the future, it is a comfort to know that in Jesus, God Our Father is making sure we are ready.
I wonder about healing right now ,as even though I am at peace about it, I wonder about the medication needs, silly I know, but a real concern. I cannot help but wonder that Jesus is going to bring great healing to many , so as not to have any need of meds.:D Thus making us free of any worldly needs.
God bless, pickles

VW

Banned
Dec 22, 2009
I think that you are right on the money with your thoughts, and that the Lord has revealed this to you.

I am reminded of Job. Job did not sin so that all of the calamities came upon him, as he friends tried to tell him. They all came upon him for God's glory to be revealed.

My son is handicapped. He suffered brain damage from seizures when he was 2. I know that it was not because of sin.

Thank you sister,
vic

C

charisenexcelcis

I agree. Our sicknesses are not the result of sin and our healings are not a result of worthiness.

C

Consumed

the more we desire the spiritual gifts shows an act of faith we believe,we cant limit God to our mind but to the mind of Christ all things are possible. Jesus kept pressing on people wherever He went to believe, it is impossible to please God without faith, faith in the One God sent- Jesus

M

Mulehide

I think that you are right on the money with your thoughts, and that the Lord has revealed this to you.

I am reminded of Job. Job did not sin so that all of the calamities came upon him, as he friends tried to tell him. They all came upon him for God's glory to be revealed.

My son is handicapped. He suffered brain damage from seizures when he was 2. I know that it was not because of sin.

Thank you sister,
vic
Thank you Vic and Pickles. I used to think that my mother's illness was a result of my rebellion. The story of the blind man and the story of Job were a great blessing to me. Thank you for the reminder!