I am not Worthy

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

I_am_Canadian

Dec 8, 2014
Most Holy Lord,
Most High, my Savoiur,
twas not for the lonliness,
I could not know your love.

If not for thy mercy and grace,
The tears of my tortured soul.
would forever flow.

Tis nobler and sweeter,
to walk in the light of your word,
than the filth of this world.

Iniquity did abound in me,
and you O Lord have set me free.
By the blood of your Only Begotten Son.
I am healed, and made completely whole.

Tis by your power and authority,
and by your grace divine,
That I am the man, you made me,
and that I am what you want me to be.
A sinner saved by Grace.

At the cross I humbly bow,
and this I truely confess
Lord Of your love and Mercy,
I am not worthy.

Lady4Him

Feb 18, 2017
That's beautiful! So true!

Lady4Him

Feb 18, 2017
You are very welcome!

B

bestbefore1973

I know it's a poem, but I disagree with the premise.

You are worthy.

Matthew 10:31
Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
Because He has made us worthy.

Silverwings

Jul 27, 2016
We are made worthy thru his sinless sacrifice.

B

bestbefore1973

Are you the poet? I think that is what his poem means. He can tell us if that is what he meant or if he meant something different.
Eeeeeeeeep!

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
"Worthy is the Lamb, who was slain, to receive power and wealth
and wisdom and strength and honor and glory and praise!"

That is a beautiful poem, fellow Canadian :)

I_am_Canadian

Dec 8, 2014
Galatea,

My whole life I have been hated,
rejected, and despised,
I don't know if my parents ever loved me,
nor if they ever wanted me,

I am a man of sorrows,
a man whose made a many mistakes,
time I spend alone,
Unbearable, unhealthy,
Its like time in solitary confinement,

But this I know, when I speak,
that if God hadn't sent his son to die for me,
I would never know what love really is.
I praise Jesus, because, when I die,
I'm not going to die alone, as I have lived.

When He comes for me,
and Im in eternity,
his glory I will see.
Those who called Jesus Lord and Saviour,
Will I eternally be with,
Enjoying the fellowship,
and forgetting the pain I suffer,
On this cursed earth.

Because I walk this earth,
as a pilgrim,
as Christ did,
It's because of the endured afflictions,
that make me worthy of him.
Because I have been down the road he walked,
When he went to the cross and died for our sins.

Are you the poet? I think that is what his poem means. He can tell us if that is what he meant or if he meant something different.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Alas as one who has walked the thorny ground of life and has been pierced by it's unforgiving thorns left in a barren and dry waste land of loneliness I too can speak the heart of this beautiful and most insightful heartfelt testimony. Walking this thorny path of life my feet cut and bleeding my arms and face having scars from falling down so many times my throat parched and scratchy from the thirst to just be love and to just matter to someone.

But then a rush of living water that I never knew flooded the dry and thorny land replacing the dry and cracked ground with flourishing filled flowers of vibrant colors the thorns replaced with the silkiest and softens of lushes of grass the water pouring all over my dry cut and weary body healing me inside and out with a soothing cool refreshing feeling tingling all over me and inside me. And this waters name was Jesus

A

Airy

My heart goes out to you.. your poem brought tears to my eyes.
Thinking and praying for you today.

jenniferand2

Mar 19, 2016
you are worthy all though I think there are times when we all feel that we fall short on the feeling worthy of his grace. I do at times feel like I have sinned so bad that there is no way God can forgive me. But i know that God is very forgiving and I am worthy even though sometimes I feel like i should not be.. I feel sometimes like there are far better Christians then myself who are way more worthy then I am of his grace. But i know deep down inside that God has me in his heart everyday and even with all the horrible mistakes I have made he will forgive me and love me eternally. Believe me I pretty much lost God for a major part of my young adult and middle adult years. I was hurt badly growing up and I turned away from God and lived the life of a major sinner. But years ago I came to my senses and brought my life back to God.. I still at times struggle with the fact that i walked away from God when I was young and I let Satan temp me to a life of sin. I think most of the reason why I walked away from God is because my parents divorced when I was 12 and it seemed like my life at the time was falling apart and i did not think it was fair or that God would let that happen so I lost faith. Plus after my parents divorce I had no parental guidance I pretty much raised myself. But I believe that I am worthy of Gods glory now.