I am reading this sermon

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Godsholywrath

"John 3:16 says "For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." That says God loves everyone, right? Wrong. Every so-called Christian in the world will cite John 3:16 as proof that God loves everyone. They don't have a clue what the verse means, and, under the guidance of the lying false prophets who make up the "Christian" landscape, twist it to mean what they want it to mean. We call that "wresting the scripture unto your own destruction." 2 Peter 3:16.
It seems that if you're going to base an entire lying theology on one part of a verse, you would at least know what the verse means. But so-called Christians today are far too simple-minded and lazy to look into the matter. So we'll do it for you: the word translated "world" in John 3:16 is the Greek word "kosmos." The word never means "every individual of mankind who ever lived." In fact, the word has at least seven different meanings in the scripture, depending on the context in which it's used. It can mean Gentiles (as opposed to Jews); it can mean the world of believers; it can mean the world of unbelievers; it can mean the physical creation; etc. If you would actually read what the verse says, and read the context around the verse, you would find that the answer is right before your lying eyes - you just don't want to see it, because it conflicts with how your evil, dark hearts think God ought to be! The context is "the world of believers" (whether they are Jews or Gentiles). Those are the people God loves. Those are the people for whom Jesus died. Jesus didn't come to condemn those people - He came to save them. But everyone else is already condemned, because they don't believe.
You'll say "but doesn't 'whosoever believes' mean that everybody has the chance to believe?" Nope. Turn a few pages to John 10 (you may be surprised to find that there is actually more to the Bible than John 3:16, but believe me, there is). You will find in John 10:11 that Jesus says "I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep." Later on in verse 26, Jesus says to some unbelievers: "But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you." Uh oh - you John 3:16 heretics have a few problems on your hands. Jesus says He came to die for the sheep, and then proceeds to say that only His sheep can believe. In other words, only the people for whom Jesus died will believe. Note that the reason that unbelievers don't believe is BECAUSE they are not His sheep. This passage explains who the world is in John 3:16, and it's clearly not everyone. Furthermore, the only people who can believe are the ones whom God has ordained to eternal life. "And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed." Acts 13:48. So, if you have been ordained to eternal life, that means that you will believe, you are one of God's sheep, God loves you, and He sent His Son to die for you so you wouldn't be condemned. If you have not been ordained to eternal life, that means you are not one of His sheep, you NEVER will believe and are already condemned.
What I've told you here is the only interpretation that makes sense, because that is the only interpretation that is consistent with the rest of the Scripture. For example, God hated Esau! Romans 9:13. And He didn't just hate him - He hated him before he was even born and had done neither good nor evil! Romans 9:11. If He hates a person, He doesn't love everyone. For another example, there are billions of people in hell. If He loves those people, what a peculiar way of showing it!
Our message to this evil world is that God hates you, and you better prepare for the return of Christ in power and glory. Jesus came the first time to save; and Jesus will come the second time in vengeance, because you do not obey the Gospel. It will be soon, and you will experience the wrath of the Lamb, face to face. (Deut. 7:10, Rev. 6:16).
Also see "God Loves Everyone" - The Greatest Lie Ever Told, which includes 701 passages from the Bible proving God's hatred and wrath for most of mankind."

I have read it and I believe in this pastors message very much, I think he knows what he is talking about here,
Any thoughts?

S

suaso

I think that pastor probably didn't have a lot of friends growing up.

Jul 17, 2009
Are you aware that this from the Westboro Baptists???

I wanted to see where this "pastor" was from and only came across a site called, GodHatesTheWorld which is a Westboro Baptist slogan...

Then I decided to check out the Westboro Baptist's website and GodHatesTheWorld pops up under their "Other Websites".

I won't even repeat what the Westboro Baptist's address is but I feel you should at least (if you're not already aware) take a look at their website.

CLICK HERE (disclaimer* it's a very offensive sight/site and not at all what any one in their right mind would recognize as Christian).

If you find yourself being persuaded by them I will keep you in my prayers.

God bless

Here, read up on Fred Phelps (the founder of the Westboro Baptists). The man is in no way representative of Christ.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Phelps

Jan 8, 2009
What's the chances of that article being written by a true man of God when the website is "godhatesfags" dot com?

Well I disagree with any notion that God does not love unbelievers. IF that's true how does God extend His saving grace to sinners so that they may be saved, if he hates them?

When God said He hated Esau, it means "love less", much like a parent still loves both their kids but favors one over the other. God blessed Esau as well remember and promised he would be a great nation.

Jesus Christ died for the sins of everyone and so God loves everyone.

The bible also says God causes the rain on just an unjust alike and that's why we are to love our enemies even as God loves them (Matt 5:44-45).

Jul 6, 2009
If that's the kind of God you want to believe in, that says far more about your wicked heart than the heart of God. Utterly disgusting.

Fred Phelps, as already stated, is a known lunatic who despises everyone, especially homosexuals and protests at the funerals of dead soldiers and murder victims because he believes that these things are punishments for the fact that we don't stone gays.

The REAL icon of God said:
1Now when he saw the crowds, he went up on a mountainside and sat down. His disciples came to him, 2and he began to teach them saying:
3"Blessed are the poor in spirit,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
4Blessed are those who mourn,
for they will be comforted.
5Blessed are the meek,
for they will inherit the earth.
6Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
for they will be filled.
7Blessed are the merciful,
for they will be shown mercy.
8Blessed are the pure in heart,
for they will see God.
9Blessed are the peacemakers,
for they will be called sons of God.
10Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
11"Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. 12Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

13"You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled by men.
14"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. 15Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 16In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.

And

43"You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor[h] and hate your enemy.' 44But I tell you: Love your enemies[i] and pray for those who persecute you, 45that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

God be with anyone corrupted by that sick freak.

H

Harley_Angel

Fred Phelps and the Westboro Baptist crew are from a town not far from where I grew up. My home town is the birthplace of the patriot guard that protects the families of fallen soldiers from the harrassment and evil that is sewn by that group. Anything that comes out of that group is automatically discredited in my eyes.

Also, I honestly don't believe people are trying to wrest scripture or are too lazy to figure out what stuff really means. When I see, "And God so loved the world..." I really don't have a lightbulb in my head that pops up and says, oh, gee Andrea, the word world could have several different meanings, we should go look every single one of them up and try to figure out which one it means. It's not lazy...it's just I've never studied ancient greek or hebrew and when my Bible says world, I just take it as world. I mean, seriously, who expects someone to look up EVERY SINGLE WORD in the Bible? I don't think it's lazy or wrong to take what the Bible says at face value. I'm pretty sure the Holy Spirit will guide us to further investigate things we are meant to understand better, or God will have us come across something that piques our interest in the topic. Otherwise, the only way to truly be saved is to go learn a couple ancient languages, get our hands on the original documents, and translate them ourselves...

G

Godsholywrath

I had no idea these people where that evil,
Forget that I ever was even slightly persuaded by this

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
So who desides who are the unbelievers? Only Our Lord God. He has called all of us believers to spread his word. Since only God knows the unbelievers then we must witness to all and let Our Lord God decide the rest. Unless You think you know more than Our Lord God. We all must humble ourselves before God that we may know his mercy and grace. Remember what Jesus said; what ever you do to the LEAST of my brothers that you do unto me.; We are all called to serve and all are under the grace of Jesus, not to judge. So to any that might take this sermon to heart I pray for you. That you will know the love, compassion and grace to which we all our called. I thank you Lord Jesus for your grace. God bless, pickles

Sharp

May 5, 2009
type westboro baptist church into youtube for some laughs

G

Graybeard

I had no idea these people where that evil,
Forget that I ever was even slightly persuaded by this
Thats quite a turnaround!...you should maybe put thought before "pen to paper"
Good that you see the truth but even so, to come out with guns blazing and flaring nostrils while foaming at the mouth is a bit xtreme wouldn't you say?

Mat 7:15 "Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves.
Mat 7:16 You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles?

Sep 2, 2009
imagine that, somebody doing evil in the name of god. when has that ever happened? yeah thats so unusual. pssshh.

Status
Not open for further replies.