I have committed an awful sin.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Matthew4Jesus

May 7, 2011
Okay, so about 5 or 6 months ago I lost my virginity to pure lust. I have never really addressed the issue. I have asked for forgiveness, however, I feel such disgust and sadness that when and if I find a wife I will not have saved myself for her...

Any advice, scripture or comments?

Be as blunt as you want.

H

hislastwalk

When we ask for forgiveness, Satan uses guilt against us, to make us keep feeling bad. When Jesus died, He died, for your sin AND guilt. :) you're forgiven brother.

K

Kram

My brother Jesus forgave long time ago this is why he died for us so be of good cheer that provision was made (For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things. ) 1 John 3.20

I

InHisImage

Matthew

I am sure you are very busy… and I don’t at all pretend to have all the answers. I just joined the chat room am completely unfamiliar with how they operate because I don’t get on them often. But when I read yours, it put me right back to where I have been—and the reality that I have asked God so often to use me despite me failures—just like yours. I have spent the last 4 years trying to deal with all the failure in my life. I have failed as a father (after having 6 children). My 19 year marriage failed—mainly due to my lack of leadership. I failed as a Pastor—after having served as Pastor in two states. It is difficult to get on your feet after feeling so low. But PLEASE hear me. It is this reason that God has been able to prove the reality of Jeremiah 29:11: “I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord. “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”

I spent a great deal of time questioning this. But then I realized—even after an attempt at ending my life—the the barrier was ME—and not God. That God was, in fact, big enough to get me out of the hole I dug for myself. And that God was big enough to use me for His glory, even though there were times I felt unusable and unlovable. Matthew… God loves you. He knowingly went through the most painful torture and died the most excruciating death so that YOU could live eternally with Him. And He can and WILL use you in the future—to bring glory to Him and to bring others to a knowledge of Jesus.

Don’t lose HOPE. Jesus is there for you and will never leave you—He promised you that and I can attest to that—not only from Scripture, but from experience. May you know Him in a new and powerful way!

Aug 8, 2010
Stop beating yourself up, people make mistakes, it's part of being human, personally it bothers me how some demonize non virgins. What happened happened, all you can do now is move forward.

J

jimmydiggs

"David had one of the most blessed experiences in the world, and the blessedness was that he was miserable about his sin."

- Leonard Ravenhill

M

mp613

I was raised in a Catholic church. And have been searching to find the best way to follow Jesus through, being catholic or through another denomination. I don't believe in 'religion' but I still follow Jesus and try to grow as a christian continuously. When it comes to sin and repenting to God I've heard different prayers to be born again and the prayers of rededication. I myself confess my sins in confession to a priest through to God. I have found this is the best way to take away guilt for me and ask for forgiveness, because I feel this is the most direct way to speak to the Lord and before going I'm so guilty that I betrayed Jesus, the one who your supposed to do anything but to. During I feel horrible and feel His judgement and afterwards I have the feeling that I have cleared my conscious to Him and that I can now feel as if I haven't hidden anything and look forward. Heard a saying ' looking forward in the windshield of a car is much bigger then looking behind in your mirror.' Hope it helps. Couldn't hurt to try I guess?

K

Kyouken

It seems like you know you've done wrong and you want to make it right.
Yeah, it probably isn't too fun right now.
Between you and God, there isn't a problem. He still loves you the same :)
It also seems like you've been feeling pretty bad about it. You've asked God for forgiveness and He has given it to you the moment you accepted Jesus as your saviour.
You don't have to feel sad anymore. You've got Jesus Christ, the living Son of God, inside of you who enables you to feel joy in Him. That joy is inside of your spirit (Galatians 5:22 [23?]); you've just got to let it bubble out.
What's happened has happened. It's in the past. Start praising God that it's done and over with, man. That you're free from this.
Good luck to you, and God bless you!

H

hislastwalk

"The greatest unkindness you can do to the Father is to believe he doesn't love you." -John Owen

U

Ugly

Conviction is what God gives us when we sin. Its that knowledge that we have done wrong, we feel bad, and that bad feeling makes us not want to repeat the mistake we made.
Guilt is what the devil uses to tear us down when we sin. It is the false assumption that we are horrible because of our sin and that we deserve punishment for it. Its what satan uses to keep us from forgiving ourselves for things God has already forgiven.
Funny thing is, you did a lot of other sins that deserved the same punishment, but God forgives them all.

Also, don't worry about your future wife. While there are some people who expect to marry virgins, there are many many wonderful Christian women have had made the same mistake, or who did things before they got saved. I was also a teen when i lost my virginity, younger than you actually, and that hasn't stopped me from meeting some awesome Christian women. If shes really right for you, she'll be able to look past your mistakes and love you for who you are. If not, then maybe she's not so good for you after all.

C

crissy17

Remember that God loves you, no matter what kind of sin and selfishness you have immersed yourself in, no matter what your destruction your sin has produced. Confess your sin and understand that it is impossible to overcome sin totally on your own.Confess it, and rededicate your life to Christ. Don't hold back any part of your life from Him. Humble yourself totally before God. Surrender it all. Ask Him to help you live a life of purity and true love and accept your own failure and inadequacy. Admit that you cannot overcome sin on your own give them all over to God. THEN He will lift you up spiritually, and you will find peace and freedom unlike anything you've ever known..God bless you.
"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness."
1 John 1:9

Beloved, if any unholiness exists in the nature, it is not there by the consent of the Spirit of God. If unholiness is in your life it is because your soul is giving consent to it, and you are retaining it. Let it go. Cast it out and let God have His way in your life. --John G. Lake

Mar 25, 2012
Its alright, Jesus forgives everyhting, just come to him!
God loves you, he will comfort and never forsake you!

GOD_IS_LOVE

Mar 16, 2009
The way I see it, I would be so much more sorry for going against God, than worrying about a future relationship. Once things are ok with God, they should be ok with everyone else. You need to be washed by the blood of Jesus, by true repentance.

K

kewl42

There is no sin in that. Lust is natural in all humans. God made us have lust so that we would procreate. All that stuff about not having sex after marriage, in my opinion, is all fluff. It doesn't matter. If I were god, and someone told me "I will abstain from sex to show loyalty to you", I would probably put my face in my hands and ask "Why? recreation is what you're supposed to do". Do you think god really cares if you have sex before you're married? it doesn't make a difference to him. The only reason that people say that you should wait 'till after marriage is so that there is a stronger bond for the parents for the child. But sex for pleasure, or out of lust, there is nothing wrong with that, so long as you don't do it too often.

J

jimmydiggs

Do you think god really cares if you have sex before you're married?
Absolutely he does care. Fornication is an unholy rebellion against a holy God. Lust is also an unholy rebellion against a holy God.

You know it's wrong, because God's law has been written upon your heart.

Romans 2:14-15
14 For when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do what the law requires, they are a law to themselves, even though they do not have the law. 15 They show that the work of the law is written on their hearts, while their conscience also bears witness, and their conflicting thoughts accuse or even excuse them

Romans 1:18-19
18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth. 19 For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them.

You suppress the truth in unrighteousness.

You ask the same kind of questions the Serpent asked in the Garden.

Genesis 3

Now the serpent was more crafty than any other beast of the field that the Lord God had made.

He said to the woman, “Did God actually say, ‘You[a] shall not eat of any tree in the garden’?” 2 And the woman said to the serpent, “We may eat of the fruit of the trees in the garden, 3 but God said, ‘You shall not eat of the fruit of the tree that is in the midst of the garden, neither shall you touch it, lest you die.’” 4 But the serpent said to the woman, “You will not surely die.

Aug 2, 2009
Okay, so about 5 or 6 months ago I lost my virginity to pure lust. I have never really addressed the issue. I have asked for forgiveness, however, I feel such disgust and sadness that when and if I find a wife I will not have saved myself for her...

Be as blunt as you want.
Since this was 5 or 6 months ago, do u know if she got pregnant? You don't have to answer if you don't want to, I know its no one's business but yours but I'm curious because if she did get pregnant there are much bigger issues here than losing your virginity.

PopClick

Aug 12, 2011
There is no sin in that.
there is nothing wrong with that, so long as you don't do it too often.
If there is no sin in it, why does it matter how often it happens?

D

dishchat

Be as blunt as you want.
You have repent truly with all your heart,then God forgive you.The blood of Jesus cleanse you from all your sins.There is more joy in heaven when a sinner repent from sin.God is a good God and is also a severe God. Don't do it again until marriage. Ask God to help you in that. And He will do it. Ask Him also to give a wife that understand you and don't forget to confess unto her that you are a non virgin man before marriage.Humility brings to glory. Concecrate yourself unto God and you will find how kind He is. God bless you.

J

Jason83

Be as blunt as you want.
I actually lost my virginity to a girl I had just met at age 15—so I can relate to the pure lust part. Many times in life we make bad choice, me, of course, making more bad choices than good ones it seems. The fact is that many choices we make in life are permanent, and that is just the way it is. You’re just going to have to accept the fact that your hope of being a virgin and keeping that until marriage is gone. The fact that it does bother you—tells me that your heart is in the right place, which is great.

What I would do is just take how you feel right now, and remember that feeling, so if another similar situation presents itself such as adultery or further fornication, next time, maybe you will think twice before going down that path.

Finally, Jesus forgave you of your sin if you repented, it’s time to move on and accept the situation. Satan loves Christians to feel guilty about a sin for the rest of our life, but I don’t believe that Jesus wants that. In my opinions, he wants us to be genuinely remorseful, repent of our sin, and try, to the best of our ability, to not repeat that same sin again and just move on with our life. A person isn’t any good to the will of God by being broken down and defeated by guilt.

P

pusparinjani

Forgiveness requires repentance-you need to turn away from your sin and decide not to do it again

1 corinthians 10:13

Remember this-the wrong desires that come into your life arent anything new and different. Many others have faced exactly the same problems before you and no temptation is irresistible. You can trust God to keep the temptation from becoming so strong that you cant stand up against it, for he has promised this and will do what he says. He will show you how to escape temptation's power so that you can bear up patiently against it.

well for example u can look at Jihn 8:3-5,7,9-11

Jesus forgives you, too. As you turn your heart away from your sin and choose to obey the Lord. He will help you and strengthen you in supernatural ways ! :)

Gbu