I Have No Answer

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
Good for you. I'd have done the same thing. Hard to fathom she even thought that was what to do with the diaper in the first place. Would she do that in her own home? I would doubt it.
Yes, she would do that in her own home. People from her country live exactly that way.

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
Who cares....God is going to burn it all one day soon anyway and then MAKE A NEW EARTH.....this one is going to hell in a hand basket anyway! ;)
As beautiful as this planet is, it’s totally inconceivable to me how beautiful the new Earth is going to be. 😎

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
Obviously, this is but one small step in waste management and opens up a larger argument that I believe the purpose of this thread was not intended for ;)
Don’t hold back. Let the thread go where it may by continuing to share your insight.

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
mk, well. Essentially I know a lot of people that feel like they are doing "their part" when it is a small fraction of the whole process.

Much like people that are so very opinionated about politics but all they do is cast 1 vote every year (and sometimes 2-4) and think that's all they can do.

I mean prayer is certainly helpful and exercising discernment in regard to politics and the same can be said of conservation efforts.

but I find it troublesome personally (something of an impasse) where I don't care if I don't take it a step further. Many conservational efforts going on, and plenty of lobbying for waste reduction, more efficient facilities being built. Actually spending money on recycling, working on making it viable financially. Public awareness...all that stuff.

Does that extra effort some put into recycling make any difference? Does it always get recycled? Should we hold companies that trash some of it responsible or maybe just be more informative about their individual practices and the reasons. Or do people really care enough to compile all the information?

Does this information need to be spoonfed in the form of a talk show, and infographics or can a bulk text document be compiled as "conservation assigned reading"...would civic responsibility be a good thing to institute as some sort of law, IF it really matters.

Does the concept of stewardship of this earth have any bearing on the new earth? I think it does, but regarding stewardship and time being mostly finite (barring tools to increase its utility) where and how should we allocate these resources?

None of that takes into consideration trash. I can't be the only one that thinks just throwing so many things away and putting it into a bag and taking it to the curb is too easy. If it seems to good to be true, doesn't mean it necessarily is, but the likelihood is definitely increased to the point of scrutiny. At least in my view, it should be.

Or should we only focus on kingdom work. Or is involving ourselves in the world accomplishing kingdom work in the process?

Does Ecclesiastes 9:10 factor in to this discussion? Is it simply whatever you find to do? But then...how to choose.

Bulk "dump" of tangents. I continue to compile them into an overall whole but unless I had a city to manage, I don't see how a lot of this is relevant.

M

morefaithrequired

you may as well know I clean for a living. yeah the good ol school janitor. of course I'm going to be facetious on this topic. I pick up the odd diaper too.
I feel like a real party pooper having to explain myself.

S

selfdissolving

i used to have a collection of discarded grocery lists that I had found in and about the grocery store.
each one was unique. the color and shape of the paper, the color of the pen, the handwriting, the items on the list.
good times!

Feb 28, 2016
mk, well. Essentially I know a lot of people that feel like they are doing "their part" when it is a small fraction of the whole process.

Much like people that are so very opinionated about politics but all they do is cast 1 vote every year (and sometimes 2-4) and think that's all they can do.

I mean prayer is certainly helpful and exercising discernment in regard to politics and the same can be said of conservation efforts.

but I find it troublesome personally (something of an impasse) where I don't care if I don't take it a step further. Many conservational efforts going on, and plenty of lobbying for waste reduction, more efficient facilities being built. Actually spending money on recycling, working on making it viable financially. Public awareness...all that stuff.

Does that extra effort some put into recycling make any difference? Does it always get recycled? Should we hold companies that trash some of it responsible or maybe just be more informative about their individual practices and the reasons. Or do people really care enough to compile all the information?

Does this information need to be spoonfed in the form of a talk show, and infographics or can a bulk text document be compiled as "conservation assigned reading"...would civic responsibility be a good thing to institute as some sort of law, IF it really matters.

Does the concept of stewardship of this earth have any bearing on the new earth? I think it does, but regarding stewardship and time being mostly finite (barring tools to increase its utility) where and how should we allocate these resources?

None of that takes into consideration trash. I can't be the only one that thinks just throwing so many things away and putting it into a bag and taking it to the curb is too easy. If it seems to good to be true, doesn't mean it necessarily is, but the likelihood is definitely increased to the point of scrutiny. At least in my view, it should be.
====================
precious Mii,
this is not about 'saving the world through our daily habits or convictions of saving the world', it's all about helping
ourselves to bring ourselves into a better way of serving our Lord through the freedom of our conscience,
which will always bring us 'Spiritual rewards' such as (peace and comfort and fearlessness and joy and confidence)!!!

Or should we only focus on kingdom work. Or is involving ourselves in the world accomplishing kingdom work in the process?

Does Ecclesiastes 9:10 factor in to this discussion? Is it simply whatever you find to do? But then...how to choose.

Bulk "dump" of tangents. I continue to compile them into an overall whole but unless I had a city to manage, I don't see how a lot of this is relevant.

von1

Apr 22, 2010
The only paper I pick up like that is the green kind money lol.

Jan 4, 2020
washburn Tn
If you find a piece of paper on the ground, pick it up, look at it and throw it back on the ground, is that littering?
I had never Look at it like that ,But it really sounds like we would Be to me ,GOD be With you as HE sees fit