I need help

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

daniii

Apr 17, 2017
Hi, I’m new here. Hope you understand my english. I’m a young woman from Finland. I’ve had troubles with depression, anxiety, eating disorders and self-harm for years. This autumn I was in mental hospital and tried suicide and got strapped down couple of times. Jesus helped me to get through it but still even though the medication I’m not feeling well. Eating is hard and it’s getting worse. I moved back home from where I lived by myself for couple of months and the therapy etc will begin here. But there is a long waiting list and it can take months to get in. I’m registered too sick to work or study the rest of the year. I’m pretty much just watching netflix and petting my dog all the time. I would love to get in church’s events but I’m too anxious to go alone.

My boyfriend of 2,5 years has been a gift from god and supports me so much. A week ago he gave his life to Jesus and I’m trying to help him on this path. The problem is his father who is an ex-alcoholic and very strict about religion. He keeps telling him there is no one helping us and angels aren’t real. He of course hasn’t told his father about this and is really scared of his opinion. When we started dating he was doing nothing but his fathers will. I was so happy when I thought now I can go to church with him, but he’s still very shy about it and hasn’t told anyone. Today we talked about when we’re getting married, because I think that should be first, and then after that moving together. He hasn’t lived a christian life and has different opinions. I said we should follow the bible but it’s all so new for him. We haven’t had sex because I said i’m waiting until the marriage. But still as a young man he likes to touch me and i’ve said he should cool it down but he doesn’t understand why. It’s hard to explain because I’ve been taught to live like this and all this is new to him. He just gets sad and says “I’m sorry I’m not like your father.”

Please pray for my health and for us as an couple and if you have any advice, I’m listening. God bless you.❤️

(re-posted to the right forum)

T

toinena

Terve, Danii. Hej på dig. (Eftersom jag inte är säker på om du har svenska eller finska som ditt modersmål, men jag tror det är svenska av något skäl- ja sama suomeksi).

I am not sure how to give you advice that will help you. I suffered from anxiety and depression when living in Finland, too. I am somehow familiar to the Finnish conservative Christianity and I feel I am somehow at home in the Finnish, Ostrobothnian church more than I am here in Norway. Please feel free to PM me. As you see my name is a Norwegian-Finnish joke. Toinen=andra på svenska/andre på norsk and a makes toinena.

Yes. I will pray for you. And please. Take care of yourself. Hyvää yötä ja Jumalan siunasta.

daniii

Apr 17, 2017
Tack so mycket. I’ll message you.

Lighthearted

Oct 17, 2016
Prayers for you Daniii that God will guide you in His will.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
There is no such thing as an EX alcoholic. He may be a recovering alcoholic, but he is STILL an alcoholic.. As for depression, I have lifelong depression, of which I have written about on here. I will send you the link to it in a PM. :) Your boyfriend is going to have to accept no sex before marriage, as an answer for him. The LAST person he should be listening to is his alcoholic father who sounds like he isn't a believer. Angels are very real and so is God..

H

heartofdavid

Lord I pray for he r right now. Increase her faith and send strong believers to minister to her. Strengthen and cleanse her mind,and add perseverance to her faith and walk.

Uphold her and beat back the enemy from her. Give her victory,give her victory,give her victory,give her victory,give her victory,give her victory.
IN JESUS' NAME.

levi85

Jul 2, 2013
Lord bless daniii and let you be glorified. In Jesus Holy name, Amen!

KBond

Jun 5, 2013
I pray for the Lord's complete healing in your and your boyfriend's soul, spirit and heart. I pray that you can stand firm on your purity. I pray your boyfriend would feel empowered to stand up to his dad and respect you. Pre-marital counseling could make your marriage happier and more successful. Blessings for your future! I am sure it is a bright one.

Jstar845

Nov 16, 2016
[FONT=&quot]Hi, Thanks for sharing. I’m glad that you are fighting these things and this is what matters that you are getting through this. I know it has been hard for you, but I admire your faith and strength. I’m glad you gave your life to the Lord please continue to trust him, pray and read the word daily. It’s wonderful that your boyfriend has done the same. I believe it will help him to pray and spend time in the word this will help him in his views and waiting until marriage. He doesn’t have to tell his father now about his faith he can do this when he is ready. But, it is important that he begins to attend a church to help him with this and with Christian living. It seems that both of you can support each other with this and even attend church together. I believe your eating will increase once you start spending more time with God and experience the joy and peace that he brings. Also, is there a Christian other than your boyfriend whom you talk with?. It’s good to turn to others in the faith whom we can lean on and who can encourage us. Thus, once you begin to attend church you will meet these people. Please pray tell God what you are thankful for and tell him what you need and believe. I would like for you to call these 2 numbers if you need them in the future the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255). It’s a 24- hour confidential hotline. They can talk to you when you feel this way and help with preventive measures. Also, you can call; The Samaritans it’s a 24-hour confidential hotline at [/FONT][FONT=&quot](212) 673-3000. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]They help through anything. Hugs and I’m praying for you. Please try some of these for your depression 1. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Take a time-out- Practice yoga, listen to music, meditate, get a massage, learn relaxation techniques. Stepping back from problems helps clear your head.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2. Exercise daily- makes you feel good and maintains your health.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3.Slowly count to 10- Repeat and count to 20 if necessary.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]4.Give back to your community- Volunteer. This creates a support network and gives you a break from everyday stress. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]5.Talk to someone-vent and let them know you need help. Friends, family, doctor, therapist, pastor [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]6.Eat well-balanced meals- Do not skip meals and eat energy boosting snacks.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]7.Take deep breathes- Inhale and exhale slowing throughout the day when you are feeling stressed.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]8.Write in a journal[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

daniii

Apr 17, 2017
Thank you :) I have a few friends but they are where I used to live. I’m trying to go to church more now, but in here there’s only old people and kids so having friends my age isnt possible..