I was taken over by the Holy Spirit this morning.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
F

flight316

This morning while watching television the Spirit of God moved upon me. I was speechless as He began to comunicate with me. I am getting ready to receive a huge blessing that I have been patiently waiting on for quite some time and I will use it to Glorify Him. I cried tears of extreme joy as He told that He knows how hard I try to Hi will and how much He loves me. So how about you has something happened like thi in your lie?

F

flight316

Please excuse my spelling errors.

B

Bryancampbell

As crazy as it sounds, the Spirit led me to spend the night outside. I don't know why but I can say I learned with experience to be thankful for the blessings I have. It was such a strong feeling. But yours is truly amazing!

J

jkalyna

It is so unspeakable and full of God's glory the things and how he loves us day to day. Today I needed to go somewhere and left like 3 hours early, was lead to do this, getting something done at a place , lead to opening another door, by the Holy spirit, and it took about all the time, when we were done, the place I needed to go, was right on time. Never planned it this way, but when the Holy spirit says go now, after we had prayer and communion, the whole day was like supernaturally done. Thank you Father for giving us your son Jesus our Savior, and for the Holy spirit, Truely amazing, lead by the good shepard Jesus the Redeemer.

F

flight316

Ladies and gentlmen, His Spirit was all over me. It was so powerful that I was really tired afterward. In the past I have been led by Him, but I chose a different route many times. The message was crystal clear. I just didn't except it sometimes. Loving the wrong woman, letting go of long time friends, holding on to lustful behavior etc. I learned the hard way. But now I understand that that His way is always better and I act upon it immediately. It seems hard sometimes to obey Him. You may be set apart from the crownd and it will get lonely sometimes. Yet He is bringing you to a place, a place that are supposed to be the place where you receive your blessing. So don't worry. When you need to be restored He will be there, when you need a friend He will be there, when you need a Father He will be there, when you put for trust and faith in Him he will show up and supply your every need. Its happened over and over in my life for 50 years. So don't let long suggering get you down. Continue to press through, He's on the way. Just hold on.

I

Imperfect

i dont know if it was anything like your experience, but God has spoken with me on the regular basis. He has really been my Father, literally. my Leader, my Strength, my Everything. without Him, i wouldnt know half of what i know now, i wouldnt be half of who i am now. He has taught me so much.

if by taken over by the Holy Spirit you mean Him talking to you and enlightening you with His wisdom, then that happens a lot. not as much lately as i have been facing some struggles, but that is for a reason, He wants me to get stronger and reach out to Him even more. His way is perfect. His understanding, plan, methods, ways is flawless. we may feel detached from Him at times and periods in our life, but no fret, He is very close to you always, watching, helping, and teaching.

D

danschance

Just make sure it is from God. Test all things and don't accept something because it feels right. it must not violate scripture.

I visited a church that my sister attended. As I was leaving I felt peace come over me. So I assumed it was God and joined that Church. Later I realized it was not God at all. I am not easily fooled, but I was fooled then.

Just be careful, OK?

respekt

Mar 5, 2013
Just make sure it is from God. Test all things and don't accept something because it feels right. it must not violate scripture.

I visited a church that my sister attended. As I was leaving I felt peace come over me. So I assumed it was God and joined that Church. Later I realized it was not God at all. I am not easily fooled, but I was fooled then.

Just be careful, OK?
How did you realize it was not of God at all?

Because I had the same experience as flight316 but it was when I was alone in my room and was listening to worship song, I fell on my knee and started worshiping Him then all of a sudden it's a dazzling thing as I closed my eyes, I felt so joyful but I had to quit it in few minutes because I did not want any of my siblings saw me doing that. I shared this story to a friend then he assumed it was not of God.

F

flight316

His sheep know His voice.

M

Miri

Hi flight, the first time (at least that I am aware of) I became aware of the Holy Spirit in a tangible way was when I was about 11.

i went to church, went to Sunday school etc and was just a regular kid.

One night I went to bed, it was not cold and I was not ill apart from a bit of a sniffle. But when I got into bed I could not stop shivering - but I was not cold!

I just felt that I could ask God anything I wanted and I started to question God in a childish way. I don't remember all the questions but they went along the lines of : God are you real, do you love me, is that you etc.

Answers came to my mind and i just knew it was God answering. I clearly remember my last question which was : should I tell someone about this and the answer came back YES!

Then I remember saying that I was tired and needed to sleep as tomorrow was school. I started to feel a kind of line moving up my body from my toes as this moved higher I started to feel warmer and when it reached my head I was so overwhelmed. It felt as though I was bathing in peace, joy, pure love.

I burst into tears as it was so overwhelming, nothing else mattered it was just me and God. In the end I had to go to the bathroom to get some tissues. Then I got back to bed still filled with a sense of amazing peace and fell asleep.

The next day I woke up and wondered if it was a dream but I just knew it was real and there were the crumpled tissues to prove it. I did not tell anyone as I felt no one would believe me and that is why that last question has stuck in my mind all these years, after all I was only a kid and no one else that I was aware of, had mentioned anything like this happening.

I believe that god takes delight In revealing himself to people no matter what their age!

J

jkalyna

The words of the Lord are sweet like honey. The adversary gives us things to our spirit that makes us sick, worry, anxiety, etc. When we get fed up with being fed this, we could just spit it out and the next time the enemey tries to feed us poison to our spirit, we refuse it, growing stronger in faith, will make us stronger to say no I'm refusing to pollute my spirit with death, refuse to fear. Take authority against what ever according to Luke 10:19 it is a sword.