illiage music

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

yaeger1

my friend gave my music from his computer that he dowloaded illiagly should i get rid of it?

Jul 25, 2009
I believe that is stealing, but don't base your decision on what we tell you. Let the Holy spirit guide you because if you going to do whats right do it because you want to please God and not just ease your conscious. God bless you.

Jul 25, 2009
sorry I had a typo..I meant *your

Y

yaeger1

giid point but i dont even know if its worng...

Y

yaeger1

it probally is if i thought of it... right ill delete it

Sharp

May 5, 2009
yeah man its stealing.

T

Tegelik

I think it's definitely stealing and gave up piracy, but I have a trickier question. Let's say a music cd is not available any more, it's sold out a long time ago and they don't make it anymore. Would it be ok to download it then? I'm actually in this situation right now.

C

carpetmanswife

This will come across as sarcasm but it the best way i know to word it....its called illegal for a reason. That alone tells you that its wrong.....

S

socperkins

I think it's definitely stealing and gave up piracy, but I have a trickier question. Let's say a music cd is not available any more, it's sold out a long time ago and they don't make it anymore. Would it be ok to download it then? I'm actually in this situation right now.
I think when labels stop producing albums its usually because they stop making money from them. I'm not sure if it's still stealing, but I wouldn't think so.

Sharp

May 5, 2009
i think its still stealing.

you're taking someone's product for free. when it was available for sale, people paid for it. you can't download it illegally just because its not available anywhere else. the songs were a product, which was sold, and you missed out when the product was available.

you should find someone who has the CD and buy it from them. or contact the band.

Status
Not open for further replies.