I'm a new member

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Live4Him3

Jesus is Lord
May 19, 2022
You can call me troop or TR for short.
Welcome aboard.

Maybe we should just call you "Gad" which means "a troop comes":

Genesis chapter 30

[9] When Leah saw that she had left bearing, she took Zilpah her maid, and gave her Jacob to wife.
[10] And Zilpah Leah's maid bare Jacob a son.
[11] And Leah said, A troop cometh: and she called his name Gad.

Jul 14, 2022
it's difficult to get your family and friends to be saved.
It's really difficult especially when they're not interested in God at all. You wish that you had a way to change their mind on that.
All you could about this is pray to God about it that it would happen.
Tonight, while facing God in my own emptiness, I came to see my uglier side. We never see this side because we are like an eye, and the eye cannot see itself without a mirror. I was asking God to infuse in me love and zeal. I want to embody God's creative love and I wonder why God leaves me empty. I would think that this is a good ambition, and that God would jump to give me this gift, so I had to mire in why not.

Then I came to realize that I am a selfish and self-centered and pretentious person. I indulge in my own thoughts and tastes and in a way, I think I only want to indulge in God's love too. So, what's wrong with that? I suppose anything that is consumed selfishly or self-centeredly can be tainted. So, is this why God is not jumping to infuse divine Love in me?

I have a wife and a toddler who, like all toddlers, are hungry for their parents' time and attention. I keep feeling when I am busy watching tv or doing something, that I am missing opportunities for love. But I have no appetite to give of myself. Terrible!

But after seeing my uglier side perhaps by God's mirror, I reared my self-indulgent head and read her a bedtime story and tucked her in. And now, rather than looking for comments to my posts on this site, I decide to read another person's post and comment.

The moral of my post from me to you is, perhaps we two might be the same in one way: even trying to "save" others can possibly be a kind of self-indulgence and pretentiousness. Perhaps we should simply spend time with them and learn to listen to them and maybe hopefully love them. Then maybe God can change them in the way they need to be changed, not in our pre-conceived way, even if we think they need to be "saved."

Cheerio Skeeter! lol