i'm not Joking

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 23, 2010

Jesus Said

Matthew 5:22
But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Then Paul Say

1 Cor. 15:36 Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die

1 Cor. 4:10 We are fools for Christ's sake, but ye are wise in Christ; we are weak, but ye are strong; ye are honourable, but we are despised.

Rom. 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

1 Cor. 3:1 8Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.

errrr...

I

Israel

Jesus Said

Matthew 5:22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Then Paul Say

1 Cor. 4:10 We are fools for Christ's sake, but ye are wise in Christ; we are weak, but ye are strong; ye are honourable, but we are despised.

1 Cor. 3:1 8Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.

errrr...

You quote things you don't fully understand. Jesus is referencing disputes among BELIEVERS! Paul is talking about those who claim to have and understanding, but are ignorant of the True knowledge of God!

W

wwjd_kilden

still, this is a good example of how some christians like to think others sins are worse than their own...

who hasn't said "fool" at least once during their life?..... we ALL sin, badly

- Good thing Jesus blood washed us clean :D

Dec 19, 2009
Jesus Said

Matthew 5:22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.
I think Jesus is telling us not to insult people.

S

Saint

Jesus Said

Then Paul Say

errrr...
i had questions about this too, when i grew up. Then I read a few verses before this and saw that He was telling them to no be angry at someone (some manuscripts say to not be angry "for no reason"). Jesus was just telling us that to yell and insult, to show hate, (and Jesus equates hate to murder) is a very terrible sin.

S

Shwagga

Jesus Said

Matthew 5:22
But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Then Paul Say

errrr...
I hope that helps.

N

nc19dude

lightme, It would be nice when you quote things to quote them in their context!!!. from the rest of your post it seems you love to grab stuff and quote it out context.

Last edited:
C

charisenexcelcis

Jesus Said

Note two things--first it is speaking of how we treat our brothers in the faith. It is not applying this to God, who is the wise judge. Second, it says "without a cause" and "in danger of", so it is not trying to make an absolute statement.

Then Paul Say

This is a different word, with less severe implications, directed toward those who denied the resurrection.

In this one, Paul is not calling others fools, he is speaking of his willingness to be thought of as a fool for their sakes.

This is God's judgement on those who refuse to admit that which is obvious to them, His existance.

Again, it speaks of the willingness to embrace those things which are counted as foolish to the world in order to be truly wise.

errrr...
It is becoming apparent that you are not a seeker of truth but a sower of doubt and dissention.

M

machew

The Bible is a closed book for those who need to understand and comprehend it 100% before they accept it. We are saved by Grace through faith and therfore can have all wisdom, knowledge, convincing explanation/argument about the Bible and still not truly understand it, If you have no faith, then everything that seems to offend the mind will hold your soul and salvation hostage to every persuasive argument of the devil. The Bible was not written in a way where it can be fully comprehended in an intellectual capacity. It is spiritually appraised as Paul tells us. And as long as you only appraise it intellectually. You will hopelessly be swayed by the intentional seeming contradictions that God put in there so that you don't understand.

zone

Jun 13, 2010
The Bible is a closed book for those who need to understand and comprehend it 100% before they accept it. We are saved by Grace through faith and therfore can have all wisdom, knowledge, convincing explanation/argument about the Bible and still not truly understand it, If you have no faith, then everything that seems to offend the mind will hold your soul and salvation hostage to every persuasive argument of the devil. The Bible was not written in a way where it can be fully comprehended in an intellectual capacity. It is spiritually appraised as Paul tells us. And as long as you only appraise it intellectually. You will hopelessly be swayed by the intentional seeming contradictions that God put in there so that you don't understand.
:D
yep.

looks like lightme is banned.

too bad he didn't get that the word fool/hellfire means MORON.

it means if we say someone is beyond God's reach because they're moronic: without hope.

agree the guy is a troll. i wonder if he's even a muslim.....hmmmmm.

makes for interesting discussions though.