IN THE BEGINNING WAS?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 14, 2011
In the beginning was the word and the word was with God and the word was God.
The same was in the beginning with God.

I know that God is from everlasting,and his word is also from everlastig.

My question is; why does it say IN THE BEGINNING? can anyone comment please?

A

AnandaHya

You know wakeup I have been thinking about it and I heard on NPR Friday about a concept called Dark Matter. Do you know anything about it?

We don't really know that much but they were mapping the stars around the local universe, just a few billion light years away with 24, 000 galaxies mapped so far. My numbers might be off I'm not good with numbers. But the point is they said that about 80% of the world is made of dark matter. We have a hard time studying it because when it collides with normal matter, what we can see and perceive, it is destroyed. Scientist have isolated a few through magnetism and other methods that might put most people to sleep, but the point was that if it was true and space is made of Dark Matter and space is void and the normal laws known on Earth are not true in space (example: gravity does not work the same) So the point is perhaps the Beginning is exactly as the Bible tells us, when God said let there be light! everything created on Earth is made through God's hand and we do not comprehend the void of space or even what we can already perceive. How then can we really comprehend how God created it all? Just an idea.

Genesis 1

The History of Creation

1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was[a] on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.
3 Then God said, “Let there be light”; and there was light. 4 And God saw the light, that it was good; and God divided the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light Day, and the darkness He called Night. So the evening and the morning were the first day

Dec 19, 2009

What do the scriptures mean when they refer to 'the begining?

In the begining O Lord, you laid the foundations of the earth, and the Heavens are the work of your hands

Heb 1:10

So Biblically speaking the begining is when the foundations of the earth were laid

S

selenah

I think it means that God knew what the Bible was going to say before He even created the world. (I'm not an expert so correct me if I'm wrong)

Mar 11, 2011
I think it means that God knew what the Bible was going to say before He even created the world. (I'm not an expert so correct me if I'm wrong)
God is not chaotic, yes He knew what the Bible would say; but i don't beleive that this story is about The Creation, but the re-creation in the form of flesh, not how it actually pre-exsisted when we were ALL with Him. After all when someone asks you where you came from, what does a beleiver say? certainly not, i came from the dirt, (though the flesh has) the breath of life in it, Did Not.

God does not Lie; and He stated tha He created this Earth to be inhabited Forever.

He told man (in the flesh) to go forth and replenish the Earth.

This is a Salvation Operation, and the Plans for it, are The Fathers 1st Day of re-creation, In the First Day God created The Light; The Plan of Salvation in and through Jesus The Christ or for Our Jewish Comrads, Yeshua Messiah.

NO flesh man really knows when The Begining was; other than it started with Christ, it will be saved through Christ; But it will be re-established after Christs Day of Teaching and Preparation, By Our Father. Oh and hopefully everyone would want to help, i'd think anyways :confused: i dunno, sometimes i think i'm pretty weird to.:D

Forever in Christ :)

Feb 14, 2011
You know wakeup I have been thinking about it and I heard on NPR Friday about a concept called Dark Matter. Do you know anything about it?

We don't really know that much but they were mapping the stars around the local universe, just a few billion light years away with 24, 000 galaxies mapped so far. My numbers might be off I'm not good with numbers. But the point is they said that about 80% of the world is made of dark matter. We have a hard time studying it because when it collides with normal matter, what we can see and perceive, it is destroyed. Scientist have isolated a few through magnetism and other methods that might put most people to sleep, but the point was that if it was true and space is made of Dark Matter and space is void and the normal laws known on Earth are not true in space (example: gravity does not work the same) So the point is perhaps the Beginning is exactly as the Bible tells us, when God said let there be light! everything created on Earth is made through God's hand and we do not comprehend the void of space or even what we can already perceive. How then can we really comprehend how God created it all? Just an idea.

Genesis 1

The History of Creation

1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was[a] on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.
3 Then God said, “Let there be light”; and there was light. 4 And God saw the light, that it was good; and God divided the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light Day, and the darkness He called Night. So the evening and the morning were the first day
You are very close ananda,The word was from everlasting with God for it is his word.
The Word started creating when God created the angels,so there was a beginning WHEN THE WORD STARTS CREATING.

Feb 14, 2011
What do the scriptures mean when they refer to 'the begining?

In the begining O Lord, you laid the foundations of the earth, and the Heavens are the work of your hands

Heb 1:10

So Biblically speaking the begining is when the foundations of the earth were laid
Thank you lbg, in the beginning the word created the angels in heaven.

Feb 14, 2011
God is not chaotic, yes He knew what the Bible would say; but i don't beleive that this story is about The Creation, but the re-creation in the form of flesh, not how it actually pre-exsisted when we were ALL with Him. After all when someone asks you where you came from, what does a beleiver say? certainly not, i came from the dirt, (though the flesh has) the breath of life in it, Did Not.

God does not Lie; and He stated tha He created this Earth to be inhabited Forever.

He told man (in the flesh) to go forth and replenish the Earth.

This is a Salvation Operation, and the Plans for it, are The Fathers 1st Day of re-creation, In the First Day God created The Light; The Plan of Salvation in and through Jesus The Christ or for Our Jewish Comrads, Yeshua Messiah.

NO flesh man really knows when The Begining was; other than it started with Christ, it will be saved through Christ; But it will be re-established after Christs Day of Teaching and Preparation, By Our Father. Oh and hopefully everyone would want to help, i'd think anyways :confused: i dunno, sometimes i think i'm pretty weird to.:D

There was a beginning when the word of God started creating,and he started with creating the angels in heaven.O lucifer son of the MORNING.He was created early.

phil36

Feb 12, 2009
In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. I think scriptures says it all. In the begining was God!!!!

He has always been, is, and always will be. Just as Jesus says 'I am the Alpha and the Omega' the everlasting!

Thats why we have the very similar 'In the begining was the word' and John later tells us in his prelogue who that word was..Jesus Christ Himself'

So in the begining God created all things.. we see the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, working in creation...

It's time to 'wakeup' and smell the coffee ;)

Feb 14, 2011
In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. I think scriptures says it all. In the begining was God!!!!

He has always been, is, and always will be. Just as Jesus says 'I am the Alpha and the Omega' the everlasting!

Thats why we have the very similar 'In the begining was the word' and John later tells us in his prelogue who that word was..Jesus Christ Himself'

So in the begining God created all things.. we see the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, working in creation...

It's time to 'wakeup' and smell the coffee ;)
I had too much of that coffee today thank you.

Mar 11, 2011
There was a beginning when the word of God started creating,and he started with creating the angels in heaven.O lucifer son of the MORNING.He was created early.
Hi wakeup; thats what i said; we started with Christ, and i agree with you that Lucifer, was probabley not far behind, mabey even the 2nd begotten; or even a deeper thought than that; it says that in the world to come that all births are twins; could make one have deeper thoughts, concerning Cain and Able.

But even before all of this, there has always been I AM, YAH, The Father, The physical Spirit of Love, The Fair One that balances the scales of Justice, Love, The Overwhelming Physical Force of Both the Postive and Negative Universes, Always has been, Still IS, and Always Will Be, Forever and Ever, Thats That (Amen).

A

AnandaHya

Westand Satan can't be the second begotten because the Bible says that Jesus Christ is the ONLY begotten Son of God. I might not have the words to explain the relationship of the Son and the Father to the world but the Bible clearly states the Jesus is the ONLY begotten one. the question is what does it mean to be begotten verses adopted sons and daughters of God?

John 1:18
No one has seen God at any time. The only begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, He has declared Him.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

John 3:18
“He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

1 John 4:9
In this the love of God was manifested toward us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him

Feb 14, 2011
God and his word is from everlasting. but there was a beginning when God uses his word to create,and he created the angels first.So there is a beginning of the word in operation.

Feb 14, 2011
Hi wakeup; thats what i said; we started with Christ, and i agree with you that Lucifer, was probabley not far behind, mabey even the 2nd begotten; or even a deeper thought than that; it says that in the world to come that all births are twins; could make one have deeper thoughts, concerning Cain and Able.

I dont follow you in this part: The world to come is the new heaven and the new earth.

But even before all of this, there has always been I AM, YAH, The Father, The physical Spirit of Love, The Fair One that balances the scales of Justice, Love, The Overwhelming Physical Force of Both the Postive and Negative Universes, Always has been, Still IS, and
Where there was God,there was wisdom,his word.the holy spirit,love, and power.
Is only God from everlasting or is the universe also from everlasting?
The universe is material; God is spirit.
Always Will Be, Forever and Ever, Thats That (Amen).

Thank you westand, There must have been a time when God and his word was there and nothing else, they were alone, since all creation has a beginning.The material has a beginning.

Mar 11, 2011
Westand Satan can't be the second begotten because the Bible says that Jesus Christ is the ONLY begotten Son of God. I might not have the words to explain the relationship of the Son and the Father to the world but the Bible clearly states the Jesus is the ONLY begotten one. the question is what does it mean to be begotten verses adopted sons and daughters of God?

John 1:18
No one has seen God at any time. The only begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, He has declared Him.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

John 3:18
“He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

1 John 4:9
In this the love of God was manifested toward us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him
Hi AnnandaHya; feel free to correct me if i'm wrong, but i beleive it also says in The Bible that not only is Christ the Only begotten, but also The First begotten.

Do you not beleive you were begotten of God? thou we may be #1-235-875 or 1-457-894-691, what difference does it make, He knows ALL of us by name.

Why #1 is so important is that this begotten Child has been here the longest, knows more than the rest of us and has more experience than the rest of us.

Christ is the First and Only begotten child also of the flesh as He had some attributes that no one else, as One individual ever possesed, and that was The Fathers Word, fully and completely, add to that The Fathers Will and there you have a perfect human being, capable of not sinning.

The rest of us, just have to keep on practising, knowing that we could never be perfect in the flesh, unless the Father would have willed otherwise, and he didn't.

I really beleive that many are underestimating Our Father's Power, and how its virtousley immpossible for any flesh to stand before Him.

As far as adoption goes, this is in reguards to flesh heritage; Christ IS the Lion from the House of Praise (Judah) The Fig-Tree of The House of Israel.

I myself consider myself a practising Christian first and foremost, as i am not born into The House of Judah (Praise) but i am from one of The Houses of Israel, and consider myself to have been adopted into The House of Praise (Judah) through the blood shed on the cross, by Our Lord, King and Saviour, Jesus The Christ.

P.S. I never stated for fact in reguards to when Lucifer was begotten, but i do agree with wakeup, that with commen-sense, for the amount of power that satan posseses (Ezk:28) that it would seem likely that Lucifer was here before most of us. (just observations)

Mar 11, 2011
Thank you westand, There must have been a time when God and his word was there and nothing else, they were alone, since all creation has a beginning.The material has a beginning.
From my studies and prayers, in Proverbs and The Songs of Solomon, I understand that The Father Rules everywhere; and that before any of us even exsisted or before He brought up His Wisdom from everlasting (Proverbs 8) that His Word Always Stands.

Though The Father Rules the Universe, I don't beleive that there was a single area of the Universe that was neccesarily pure, other than possibley the Father himself.

Wisdom speaks of admiring His works (physically) from afar off, before she even met Him.

But what i pick up on, is that Wisdom was kind of stand offish about meeting Him; as when Our Father is agitated by unfairness, well, Love can become quite out of control and even dangerous, when He Love or any form of life is taken advantage of.

I beleive that Wisdom herself was being consumed by negative forces, (brought up from everlasting) and that because she knew of Him, called out for Help. Meeting in the Classic Love style of meeting a mate.

I don't even know if they knew ahead of time that they were going to have a First begotten, but when it became obvious to them, this is why, from my understanding anyways, why they made this Earth in the first place; A home for their first of many children.

Whether its actually the whole universe, that we are part of, i have my doubts about that, it seems to me that its more so The Milky Way, that is kept in order, for the children of Love and Wisdom.

So yes, there was a time when Love and Fairness(The Word) were lonley; but they have never been happier since meeting the Spirit of Wisdom and having us children of commen-sense.(which are being hugely abused; their commen-sense that is.)

A

AnandaHya

why do you consider Satan so powerful and humans so weak?

that is not the way God made it. God gave Mankind dominion over everything on Earth, therefore if Satan was on Earth God gave Adam and Eve dominion over angels even Satan/lucifer. The only power Satan has is what he steals from God's children.

God is not as you describe Him balancing a positive and negative universe. there is no negative universe, there is just lies and deceptions and the TRUTH as God intended the world and universe to be. if you make it necessary to have both then you make it seem as if evil is necessary and it is NOT.

it makes a difference between begotten and adopted, otherwise Satan would not be trying to claim the title.

what does Ezk 28 have anything to do with the conversation?

it is about rulers who got casted off their throne because they think they are GODS, it does not show satan has any power except to deceive the prideful.

Of course Lucifer was here before us he was there when Adam and Eve were tempted by him in the garden. that doesn't make him special or more powerful.

God cut him off from the earth, do you guys know what that means?

i'm sorry i don't want to debate, I think i'll just leave the conversation.