In the Bible why is Jesus more forgiving than God if they are one in the same?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

preston39

Dec 18, 2017
If you would like to open this up in a new thread I would love to destroy it. Otherwise, A person asked an honest question. Do you have a response to help him understand?
e...,

Please don't feel inhibited. Destroy...with scriptures...save personal thinking.

preston39

Dec 18, 2017
You really need to study man. Jesus himself said before abraham was born, He himself existed. How could he have existed before abraham was born if he was not alive until Marty gave birth.
e...,

You seem to have 100% confidence in the translators.

Interesting....so why did they miss-translate pneuma to Ghost and not Spirit, et al.

E

eternally-gratefull

e...,

Interesting....so why did they miss-translate pneuma to Ghost and not Spirit, et al.

No, I have no full trust in any of the translators. Translators are just that translation. Each translation is bound to the people who translate, including their preconceived ideas.

Ghost-spirit. I see no difference

E

eternally-gratefull

e...,

Please don't feel inhibited. Destroy...with scriptures...save personal thinking.
open a thread.. I am not takin this thread down a path, Thats not fair to the op. Maybe you do nto care. But I guess that would just say a lot.

MarcR

Feb 12, 2015
DinoPaul218 has not seen fit to join the discussion. He is likely a troll trying to stir the pot. Probably not worthy of any more of our time.

E

eternally-gratefull

e...,

That says a lot...a dictionary is not important to you?...like scripture which you miss-apply also...?

Now we understand.
I do not get my theology from a dictionary. Words today do not mean when they meant even a few decades ago. Thats why the KJV is outdated, the words do not mean the same. So we have all kinds of people misapplying passages because they are using an outdated source.

But like all KJV Worshipers. You think it is Gods gift. ANd will not listen to reason. So that says a lot about you.

laymen

Apr 6, 2014
faithlife.com
That section is very confused because it hasn't been translated correctly.
If we were to believe it exactly as you say, then if in Him all things hold together, then how did they hold together when he didn't exist in Mary's womb??
Nothing would have held together because Jesus didn't exist at that time.
The universe would have ended.
the bible is clear that Jesus stepped down from heaven to put on flesh to save us. Just like God he is not created.

preston39

Dec 18, 2017
I do not get my theology from a dictionary.

No one said you did. (Spin noted here!)

Words today do not mean when they meant even a few decades ago.

What?....Wrong...words mean the same. Different words are chosen. (yours are noted here).

Thats why the KJV is outdated, the words do not mean the same.

I have never heard anyone venture to say that G-d'swords have changed. Geesch! Remind me to look you up when I wish to be miss-led.

So we have all kinds of people misapplying passages because they are using an outdated source.

Who outdated the KJV?..and when?/QUOTE]

e...,

I listen to The Bible ...all would be improved by doing so.

E

eternally-gratefull

I do not get my theology from a dictionary.

No one said you did. (Spin noted here!)

Words today do not mean when they meant even a few decades ago.

What?....Wrong...words mean the same. Different words are chosen. (yours are noted here).

Thats why the KJV is outdated, the words do not mean the same.

I have never heard anyone venture to say that G-d'swords have changed. Geesch! Remind me to look you up when I wish to be miss-led.

So we have all kinds of people misapplying passages because they are using an outdated source.

Who outdated the KJV?..and when?

e...,

I listen to The Bible ...all would be improved by doing so.
I do listen to the Bible. I however, have not read the KJV in a few decades. The last time I even tried was when my mother passed away I tried to read hers. (I few up with KJV only, and it was like a normal language to me, I was 17 wghen my father bought me a NKJV and i have used it ever since) It was confusing And I would never, I mean NEVER use it to try to teach a person who has been unchurched and never read that version. You do whatever you want. But stop judging people who use other versions.

Mar 28, 2016
God struck down sinners and Jesus forgave them and gave them a second chance...it’s like a split personality I’m trying to grasp
I would offer the difference is the same difference with blasphemy, a different kind of a chance . One in respect to that seen the other not seen.

The Son of man did not except worship in respect to His temporal body.While a person would violate the Spirit of Christ the anointing Holy Spirit of God in respect to the Son of man Jesus . They could be forgiven .

We walk by the unseen eternal... not is respect to that seen, the temporal (Son of man). Peter was forgiven of his blasphemy over and over every time he denied the Son of man, in unbelief . Christ could not deny he paid the full wage of Peter's sin .

preston39

Dec 18, 2017
...................stop judging people who use other versions. .../QUOTE]

e....,

There is a big difference in judgment and assessment. Do you know which one ....we as a Christian ....must continuously do? I can see you don't. So stop judging until you have achieved that understanding. You appear ridiculous.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
God struck down sinners and Jesus forgave them and gave them a second chance...it’s like a split personality I’m trying to grasp

Jesus [preincarnate] was the one that gave the law and dealt with all Israel:
1Co 10:1 Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea;
1Co 10:2 And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea;
1Co 10:3 And did all eat the same spiritual meat;
1Co 10:4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

Jesus was addressing a people and their government (or leaders) in the OT. The NT addresses us on a personal level. The OT was dealing with their salvation. It was dealing with a nation representing God.
:cool:

laymen

Apr 6, 2014
faithlife.com
God was purifying a nation for Jesus to be born in to. All along the 40 years in the Desert God was trying to teach them who he is and got ride of evil until all could be fulfilled. Much like the flood help stay the tides of evil so too the cross taks away evils power.

E

eternally-gratefull

e....,

There is a big difference in judgment and assessment. Do you know which one ....we as a Christian ....must continuously do? I can see you don't. So stop judging until you have achieved that understanding. You appear ridiculous.

Yet your the one arguing and judging, Not me (I happen to prefer the KJV bibles) so not only are you ridiculous in your arguments, but in your discernment.

ps. Can you learn how to quote. And correct your mistakes after you post please.

Feb 28, 2016
I just signed in, and the title of the 'thread' is one of the most absurd and ignorant ones that
I have seen as yet...

P

pottersclay

When He saw their faith, He said to him, “Man, your sins are forgiven you.” And the scribes and the Pharisees began to reason, saying, “Who is this who speaks blasphemies? Who can forgive sins but God alone?” But when Jesus perceived their thoughts, He answered and said to them, “Why are you reasoning in your hearts? Which is easier, to say, ‘Your sins are forgiven you,’ or to say, ‘Rise up and walk’? But that you may know that the Son of Man has power on earth to forgive sins”—He said to the man who was paralyzed, “I say to you, arise, take up your bed, and go to your house.” Immediately he rose up before them, took up what he had been lying on, and departed to his own house, glorifying God. And they were all amazed, and they glorified God and were filled with fear, saying, “We have seen strange things today!” .

LibrarianLeo

Feb 8, 2018
e...,

There is no need to trust any particular translators. We have access to the original text plus
the work of 1000's of translators spread over time.

12In everything, then, do to others as you would have them do to you. For this is the essence of the Law and the prophets.

New International Version
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

New Living Translation
"Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets.

English Standard Version
“So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

Berean Study Bible
In everything, then, do to others as you would have them do to you. For this is the essence of the Law and the prophets.

Berean Literal Bible
All things therefore, as many as you might desire that men should do to you, so also you do to them, for this is the law and the prophets.

New American Standard Bible
"In everything, therefore, treat people the same way you want them to treat you, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

King James Bible
Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.

Christian Standard Bible
Therefore, whatever you want others to do for you, do also the same for them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

Contemporary English Version
Treat others as you want them to treat you. This is what the Law and the Prophets are all about.

Good News Translation
"Do for others what you want them to do for you: this is the meaning of the Law of Moses and of the teachings of the prophets.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
Therefore, whatever you want others to do for you, do also the same for them--this is the Law and the Prophets.

International Standard Version
Therefore, whatever you want people to do for you, do the same for them, because this summarizes the Law and the Prophets."

NET Bible
In everything, treat others as you would want them to treat you, for this fulfills the law and the prophets.

New Heart English Bible
Therefore whatever you desire for people to do to you, do also to them; for this is the Law and the Prophets.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
Everything whatsoever you desire that people should do for you, do likewise for them, for this is the Law and The Prophets.

GOD'S WORD® Translation
"Always do for other people everything you want them to do for you. That is [the meaning of] Moses' Teachings and the Prophets.

New American Standard 1977
“Therefore, however you want people to treat you, so treat them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

Jubilee Bible 2000
Therefore, all things whatsoever ye desire that men should do unto you, so also shall ye do unto them, for this is the law and the prophets.

King James 2000 Bible
Therefore all things whatsoever you would that men should do to you, do you even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.

American King James Version
Therefore all things whatever you would that men should do to you, do you even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.

Mar 28, 2016
e...,

I would say the translation is valid . It was the Spirit of Christ not seen as the Son of God that worked in the Son of man to both will do the good pleasure of the father. he said it was his food to do the will of the father The Son of man who said his corrupted flesh profits for nothing, died. His Spirit as the Son of God could never die . .