Interesting stats on singles' words...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
As I was opening up another tab, this caught my attention:

http://qz.com/509255/the-many-different-words-men-and-women-use-to-describe-themselves-on-okcupid/

It doesn't have much meat to it, but as several of the words have cropped up in this forum recently, I thought it interesting.

Not that I'm looking as such, but some of the ladies' words which might catch my attention: singing, nurturing, baking, and... taller. And a few others which aren't on the lists (like the obvious, "Christian"!). How about you? What words, on or off the lists on the link, might catch your eye and cause you to read someone's profile, if you happened to be looking?

Apr 15, 2014
In the past, a man who actually answered questions and had a blurb on his profile that said something about who he was drew my attention. Extra points for decent grammar, spelling and punctuation. If he ever said anything about being a Christian? I fell over in shock.

This is why I don't do dating sites.

A

Abing

Engineering! But I haven't seen that in here and I wasn't looking. But it's something that will catch my eye if I ever read it.

S

ServantStrike

In the past, a man who actually answered questions and had a blurb on his profile that said something about who he was drew my attention. Extra points for decent grammar, spelling and punctuation. If he ever said anything about being a Christian? I fell over in shock.

This is why I don't do dating sites.

Yeah...

The women weren't much better when I was on, at least for the most part. They often rambled on and on about the most inane things. For "Christians" they often discussed shopping, shoes, and all kinds of interesting but not heartwarming topics.

Success is a numbers game. I think I got lucky at 400 tries (and probably 600-800 profiles to dig through). The real number could be as high as 500-1000 depending on geography, etc. But there is probably someone who is also looking that will come around if a person of the opposite sex has good grammar and can actually name a verse in scripture that isn't on the back of a T shirt.

T

Tintin

I don't use dating sites, but of those words listed, the ones that attract me would be:

baking
nurturing
singing
gaming

Being a mature Christian would be a non-negotiable for me.
Also important, but not as important as being of the same faith:

funloving
a reader
thinks deeply

M

MollyConnor

I've never been on a dating site so I don't really know how they work. I'm guessing it's similar to CC or FB? So words I would be attracted to in someone's profile would be: Christ, Bible, Beauty (God's), Family, Books, Silliness, Love, Modesty, Humility, Honor, Romance, Children (as in he wants some in the future), Friendship...
I'm sure there are more but those are the main ones I think.

I would also like to make a list of words that would be red flags for me.
Booty, Sex, Body, Making Out, Hook Up, Bisexual, Atheism, Liberal, Feminism, Money, Hate, YOLO, Bae and anything with bad grammar or too many misspelled words.

I understand sometimes there are mistakes but if the gey talkes lik thes, it's annoying! LOL

T

Tintin

I've never been on a dating site so I don't really know how they work. I'm guessing it's similar to CC or FB? So words I would be attracted to in someone's profile would be: Christ, Bible, Beauty (God's), Family, Books, Silliness, Love, Modesty, Humility, Honor, Romance, Children (as in he wants some in the future), Friendship...
I'm sure there are more but those are the main ones I think.

I would also like to make a list of words that would be red flags for me.
Booty, Sex, Body, Making Out, Hook Up, Bisexual, Atheism, Liberal, Feminism, Money, Hate, YOLO, Bae and anything with bad grammar or too many misspelled words.

I understand sometimes there are mistakes but if the gey talkes lik thes, it's annoying! LOL
Great words, Molly. I'll have to borrow a few of those.

S

setapartgirl

To be honest, ive been in few dating sites, Christian dating sites to be exact, and guess what?!? Most of the time, what written on their profile were mostly lies, so better to know the person first! Don't be lured on what's written on their profile they are all words, easy to compose, many of them will write they are Christians! But don't act like one! So be careful my friend!!

S

ServantStrike

To be honest, ive been in few dating sites, Christian dating sites to be exact, and guess what?!? Most of the time, what written on their profile were mostly lies, so better to know the person first! Don't be lured on what's written on their profile they are all words, easy to compose, many of them will write they are Christians! But don't act like one! So be careful my friend!!
It's just like most churches.

Never believe what someone posts on a dating site. I mean... a profile is kind of like a resume, and lots of people lie on those. Best to verify their claims in person - that's always best. In a well lit area... some of the people on those sites are a bit off.

If you're patient and you play the numbers game, you can weed through a lot of chaff and get to the wheat. You can end up with some genuinely good people. It just takes patience and a bit of perseverance.

Sep 6, 2013
Interesting. "Engineering" is common in Fish profiles? Strange! I've never been on the site, myself. But I would have liked to see the following listed:

Laughter
Playful
Dancing
Praying
Exercising