Intimacy with God

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Nov 15, 2020
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
What I want to know is, what is "intimacy with God", like for you?
What is your experience?
What does it look like for you?

Nb:
You can query anyone who does things differently to you.
However, arguing or disagreeing with other members is not permitted.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
John 16, just as Jesus told us, Holy Spirit would guide, speak and show us all truth.
blessings

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015

Intimacy with God looks and sounds like John 10:27-28 to me :)

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
I love to go into my secret closest and pray...
Thanking God for my day , for my brother and sisters in Christ , and all what He is showing me from reading His word...
Also for the little tiny things through out my day that I miss so often , He is in all the details of my life...
Being in His peace , I cannot imagine being without it , and when I do feel my peace is disturbed , I have to check to make sure how I am walking ...
...xox...

Nov 15, 2020
I love to go into my secret closest and pray...
Thanking God for my day , for my brother and sisters in Christ , and all what He is showing me from reading His word...
Also for the little tiny things through out my day that I miss so often , He is in all the details of my life...
Being in His peace , I cannot imagine being without it , and when I do feel my peace is disturbed , I have to check to make sure how I am walking ...
...xox...
is your closet like a cupboard or something ?

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
😆 regarding the question I have asked.
Is John 10 your answer ?
I'll say it again, just for you...

Intimacy with God looks and sounds like John 10:27-28 to me :)

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
What is your experience?

Nb:
It makes no sense to disagree with people if the question is "what is something like for you". :cool:
But yeah it's sad that one has to add that stipulation to prevent stupid arguments...

I think "intimacy" is kind of lacking term and not adequate. I rather call it "knowing God".
For me, knowing God is seeing clearly what is God like, what He isn't like. What is of Him, what is not of Him. What is the Way, and what is not the Way. Awareness of the presence of God. Recognizing His presence within me and outside of me. How much I'm living in oneness with His presence. The inspired Scriptures lay the foundation to this but it also comes with lived experience and practice, and one kind of ping pongs between Scripture and spiritual practicing of what was learned, into more knowledge of God. The truth is fine and loud and clear, but sometimes the antenna is broken. Spiritual practice like prayer, fasting, meditating on Scripture in my mind, applying Scripture in my life, helps improve the receiver.

Nov 15, 2020
Like breathing, eating, and sleeping, or what?
😆 regarding the question I have asked.
Is John 10 your answer ?
It makes no sense to disagree with people if the question is "what is something like for you". :cool:
But yeah it's sad that one has to add that stipulation to prevent stupid arguments...

I think "intimacy" is kind of lacking term and not adequate. I rather call it "knowing God".
For me, knowing God is seeing clearly what is God like, what He isn't like. What is of Him, what is not of Him. What is the Way, and what is not the Way. Awareness of the presence of God. Recognizing His presence within me and outside of me. How much I'm living in oneness with His presence. The inspired Scriptures lay the foundation to this but it also comes with lived experience and practice, and one kind of ping pongs between Scripture and spiritual practicing of what was learned, into more knowledge of God. The truth is fine and loud and clear, but sometimes the antenna is broken. Spiritual practice like prayer, fasting, meditating on Scripture in my mind, applying Scripture in my life, helps improve the receiver.
ok,well that was in-depth and informative
Thankyou.
I stipulated because of other threads and didn't want that to happen here.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I just thought that maybe you had more to add.
It's fine that you don't.
Those seem like odd assumptions to make... from my perspective.

Feb 28, 2016

===============================
Absolutely awesome Post -
Thank you...

Feb 28, 2016
what you gave was a scripture, which is fine.
Do you raise your arms when worshipping ?
===========================
you are starting to sound like an LAPD investigator -
try just accepting instead of projecting what you thought you would/should hear -
these are all very 'good people' who LOVE their Saviour and express in their own
special way...
:):)

Nov 15, 2020
===========================
you are starting to sound like an LAPD investigator -
try just accepting instead of projecting what you thought you would/should hear -
these are all very 'good people' who LOVE their Saviour and express in their own
special way...
:):)
i have read wild at heart, and "intimacy with God" is a sub heading in the field manual.
so, i was wondering what other folks do.
its not some test.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
What is your experience?

Nb:
Oh boy uoi have gone and done it now this is one my if not my most favorite things to talk about
Some of my most intimate times with him are in that secret place when we are alone still and just talking it can be on my walks but most of the time it is in bed at night when everything is dark quiet and everyone else is asleep, my most recent one was not very long ago mabye a week or so I was talking to him how I am always searching for him always starving and never filled how thirsty I am for him but how it seems on this side of heaven I can never get my fill, I told him how I would abandon everything in this world and this life even my own family to finally have him I imgined finally being home with Jesus and just running into his arms tackling him to the ground and he and I were just laughing and so happy it brough this amaing warm feeling inside my heart and I began to tell him how he is so amazing and beautiful to me I just boasted about him over and over I described how his beauty is everywhere I look.

I told him how I don't know what kind of treasures there are in heaven for us but there is only one treasure I want and that was his heart I told him how I look at his heart and the beauty of it is so deep how it is so full of love and light so deeply loving and compassionate how it is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen or known and in all of this as I was saying all of this I was pouring tears because of the beauty of it and his presence was so deep there in my bed it was so heavy and rich as if he was right there in bed with me not just the normal presence I feel with him but a full on presence it was as if I was a pure small child so madly in love with an intense level of affection my heart was so warm happy and tender I felt so safe andcuddled my pillow as if it was him and I have been struggling a lot with my identity in him how he must see me with all I have done I have felt so coated with sin and grim to the point I didn't want him to look at me from shame and in this time with him it hit me this is how we have always felt from the beginning with each other this exact experience this exact level of love and purity and tenderness and thought myself even in all this time our feelings for each other haven't changed even a little bit not even an ounce even with all I have done

Then I was grateful that our hearts for each other hadn't changed and thanked him that even though I have sinned and messed up strayed and fallen down so many times even though I felt so disgusting coated with layers of filth and sin that this right here is who we are.

Nov 15, 2020
Oh boy uoi have gone and done it now this is one my if not my most favorite things to talk about
Some of my most intimate times with him are in that secret place when we are alone still and just talking it can be on my walks but most of the time it is in bed at night when everything is dark quiet and everyone else is asleep, my most recent one was not very long ago mabye a week or so I was talking to him how I am always searching for him always starving and never filled how thirsty I am for him but how it seems on this side of heaven I can never get my fill, I told him how I would abandon everything in this world and this life even my own family to finally have him I imgined finally being home with Jesus and just running into his arms tackling him to the ground and he and I were just laughing and so happy it brough this amaing warm feeling inside my heart and I began to tell him how he is so amazing and beautiful to me I just boasted about him over and over I described how his beauty is everywhere I look.

I told him how I don't know what kind of treasures there are in heaven for us but there is only one treasure I want and that was his heart I told him how I look at his heart and the beauty of it is so deep how it is so full of love and light so deeply loving and compassionate how it is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen or known and in all of this as I was saying all of this I was pouring tears because of the beauty of it and his presence was so deep there in my bed it was so heavy and rich as if he was right there in bed with me not just the normal presence I feel with him but a full on presence it was as if I was a pure small child so madly in love with an intense level of affection my heart was so warm happy and tender I felt so safe andcuddled my pillow as if it was him and I have been struggling a lot with my identity in him how he must see me with all I have done I have felt so coated with sin and grim to the point I didn't want him to look at me from shame and in this time with him it hit me this is how we have always felt from the beginning with each other this exact experience this exact level of love and purity and tenderness and thought myself even in all this time our feelings for each other haven't changed even a little bit not even an ounce even with all I have done

Then I was grateful that our hearts for each other hadn't changed and thanked him that even though I have sinned and messed up strayed and fallen down so many times even though I felt so disgusting coated with layers of filth and sin that this right here is who we are.
wow.

Jan 1, 2021
In the Psalm 91 v 1 we read, "He that dwells in the secret place of the most high shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
Jesus said in Matthew 6 v 6, "But you, when you pray, enter into your closet and when you have shut the door, pray to your Father which is in secret; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly. But when you pray do not use empty repetitions as the heathen do (meditation mantras): they think they will be heard for speaking a lot. Don't be like them: for Your Father knows the things you need, before you ask Him."
This puts a prime necessity of belonging to the Family of God - You must be born again John 3 v 3 to 7. and John 1 v 12 & 13. After that we need to choose a place where we can be alone with God and shut out all others. Intimacy follows naturally as we now begin to speak to the Father. This will always be a very personal experience and may vary in content from time to time, but it is always special. As with all relationships it gets better and better all the time.
However there is also the great joy experienced when believers gather together in His presence and become the dwelling place of God, The temple of the Holy Spirit 1 Corinthians 3 v 16 so that we exhorted "not to forsake the Assembling of ourselves together" Hebrews 1 v 25. For we are a Royal Priesthood a Holy nation and a peculiar people who should demonstrate the praise of our God.