Introduction of a lost soul

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

Annax

Hi all,

I don't know how to properly start this introduction about myself.

I want to start by telling the bitter truth right away: I am not saved (yet). And I feel extremely ashamed of that. I am struggling with putting all my trust in the Lord. I find it extremely scary to share this with all of you because I see that so many (or all) people are saved here. I hope you won't judge me.

I am born and raised in a christian home (where I still happily live :)).I see that as a blessing. But all I saw was just religion without faith. There were loads of strict rules, but we never talk(ed) about personal faith. Jesus was never mentioned at home. I have been going to the same church my whole life. But the community is there quite closed. People barely talk about their own faith and stuff.

Therefore I didn't learn how to openly speak about my own struggles and faith (I don't use this as an excuse). I want to learn that more and more, because I know that that's very important to grow in faith too.

A few years ago I started to listen to other preachers etc. A whole new world opened for me, because I heard for the first time the gospel. But it also confused and still confuses me a lot, because of what I have heard my whole life at church, namely that 'you can't get saved very easily'. And I struggle with that a lot. That is a bit of my background story.

It became a longer story than I planned ;) I hope to learn a lot from you guys and I hope that you are willing to not judge me but to pray for me and to help me grow in my faith.

C

christianriddle

Welcome to CC! I don’t think that the others will judge you concerning the condition of your faith. I’ll pray for you. See you around!

nnrukshan15

Mar 16, 2015
Hey I see you are going through some tough situation in your life right now. I been through that too. Getting saved isn't hard .what you heard from preachers are lies. Getting saved is easy as A, B, C . All you have to do is to put your faith in the Gospel. You may ask, what is the Gospel? The Gospel is good news. If salvation is something that really hard to gain. It won't be good news rather it would be bad news . Salvation is a free gift from God. It simply receive by faith and faith alone in the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus christ. Romans 3:23 says for all have sinned and come short of the glory of God. To come to Christ , you have to understand your state. You are sinner and christ is the saviour. I hear ignorant pastors from pulpit preach that you have to stop sinning to get saved. That's not true because if I have to be free from sin to get saved then christ death is useless. Galatians 2:21 says I don't frustrate the grace of God if righteousness comes by observing the law , christ died for nothing. Ephesians 2:8-9 tells us that salvation is not of works, its merely by grace through faith. Religion can't save you. Doing good works won't save you. Going to church every Sunday won't save you but this is truth. You are NOT GOOD - nothing about you is good. I don’t care if you think your good, in Gods eyes none of us are. And until you can see this, and realize your own depravity you can’t understand the gospel. The gospel has ZERO to do with your performance or works - it’s all about simple child like faith that while we are ALL sinners, Jesus Christ willingly sacrificed His life on that wooden cross to remove your sins, was buried in a tomb and risen 3 days later (1 Corinthians 15:1-4). THAT is the one and only thing that can save you. Jesus Saves you! Faith in what HE did can and WILL save you! Nothing more, nothing less - simply believing and receiving HIS righteousness! Religion has created their own gospel. False teachers who preach false doctrine have created their own gospel - an accursed gospel that is leading people to hell. The thing rightly diving the word of God does is that it reveals to us the true gospel and clears up any confusion that the Body of Christ may be experiencing regarding how a man is justified today. Forever is a long time to be wrong about this. The only thing worse than someone who denies Christ and died eternally lost - is someone who claims to believe in Him, yet trusts in their own performance, and dies eternally lost. It’s truly by grace we are saved through faith, NOT of ourselves it is a gift of God! There will be NO boasting in Heaven - but rather praising and thanking Jesus Christ for what HE did on our behalf on that cross.

I hope this helps annax,

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Hello Annax, welcome to CC. :) We have a prayer requests forum, a testimonies forum and a ladies forum.

Background edit.gif

A

Annax

T
Hey I see you are going through some tough situation in your life right now. I been through that too. Getting saved isn't hard .what you heard from preachers are lies. Getting saved is easy as A, B, C . All you have to do is to put your faith in the Gospel. You may ask, what is the Gospel? The Gospel is good news. If salvation is something that really hard to gain. It won't be good news rather it would be bad news . Salvation is a free gift from God. It simply receive by faith and faith alone in the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus christ. Romans 3:23 says for all have sinned and come short of the glory of God. To come to Christ , you have to understand your state. You are sinner and christ is the saviour. I hear ignorant pastors from pulpit preach that you have to stop sinning to get saved. That's not true because if I have to be free from sin to get saved then christ death is useless. Galatians 2:21 says I don't frustrate the grace of God if righteousness comes by observing the law , christ died for nothing. Ephesians 2:8-9 tells us that salvation is not of works, its merely by grace through faith. Religion can't save you. Doing good works won't save you. Going to church every Sunday won't save you but this is truth. You are NOT GOOD - nothing about you is good. I don’t care if you think your good, in Gods eyes none of us are. And until you can see this, and realize your own depravity you can’t understand the gospel. The gospel has ZERO to do with your performance or works - it’s all about simple child like faith that while we are ALL sinners, Jesus Christ willingly sacrificed His life on that wooden cross to remove your sins, was buried in a tomb and risen 3 days later (1 Corinthians 15:1-4). THAT is the one and only thing that can save you. Jesus Saves you! Faith in what HE did can and WILL save you! Nothing more, nothing less - simply believing and receiving HIS righteousness! Religion has created their own gospel. False teachers who preach false doctrine have created their own gospel - an accursed gospel that is leading people to hell. The thing rightly diving the word of God does is that it reveals to us the true gospel and clears up any confusion that the Body of Christ may be experiencing regarding how a man is justified today. Forever is a long time to be wrong about this. The only thing worse than someone who denies Christ and died eternally lost - is someone who claims to believe in Him, yet trusts in their own performance, and dies eternally lost. It’s truly by grace we are saved through faith, NOT of ourselves it is a gift of God! There will be NO boasting in Heaven - but rather praising and thanking Jesus Christ for what HE did on our behalf on that cross.

I hope this helps annax,
Thank you for your encouraging words. I really appreciate and I will keep reading them.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
I want to start by telling the bitter truth right away: I am not saved (yet). And I feel extremely ashamed of that. I am struggling with putting all my trust in the Lord. I find it extremely scary to share this with all of you because I see that so many (or all) people are saved here. I hope you won't judge me.
We are all born lost. If we judge you, then we damn our own souls to Hell. Jesus came and gave His life to save the sick and dying.

Matthew 9
9:10 And it came to pass, as Jesus sat at meat in the house, behold, many publicans and sinners came and sat down with him and his disciples.
9:11 And when the Pharisees saw [it], they said unto his disciples, Why eateth your Master with publicans and sinners?
9:12 But when Jesus heard [that], he said unto them, They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick.
9:13 But go ye and learn what [that] meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

I am born and raised in a christian home (where I still happily live :)).I see that as a blessing. But all I saw was just religion without faith. There were loads of strict rules, but we never talk(ed) about personal faith. Jesus was never mentioned at home. I have been going to the same church my whole life. But the community is there quite closed. People barely talk about their own faith and stuff.
I can relate to that, dear. You are very wise. The Spirit has given you discernment concerning these things. True Christianity is more of a relationship than a religion. It is a relationship with a real person named Jesus. He wants to dwell within us in the form of the His Holy Spirit.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
A few years ago I started to listen to other preachers etc. A whole new world opened for me, because I heard for the first time the gospel. But it also confused and still confuses me a lot, because of what I have heard my whole life at church, namely that 'you can't get saved very easily'. And I struggle with that a lot. That is a bit of my background story.

It became a longer story than I planned ;) I hope to learn a lot from you guys and I hope that you are willing to not judge me but to pray for me and to help me grow in my faith.
I am very excited for you, my dearly beloved sister! I have such good news to share with you. You are EXACTLY the kind of person the Jesus is looking for. You are EXACTLY the kind of person that He died for. Salvation is not complicated at all. The utter simplicity of it makes for a stumbling block to them who think themselves wise.

Matthew 18
18:3 And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.
18:4 Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

It is true that few will find the way. This is because the vast majority have blinded themselves with their own arrogance and pride.

Matthew 7
7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide [is] the gate, and broad [is] the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
7:14 Because strait [is] the gate, and narrow [is] the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
7:16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015

I could be wrong but I do not think unsaved people worry about not being saved :)

oyster67

May 24, 2014
I could be wrong but I do not think unsaved people worry about not being saved :)
I agree in the sense that Satan wants all of us to doubt our salvation and feel lost. A broken and contrite heart is indeed evidence of Salvation. Blessings, my sisters, and a warm welcome to CC, sister Annax.

Revelation 12:10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

bojack

Dec 16, 2019
Hi all,

Therefore I didn't learn how to openly speak about my own struggles and faith (I don't use this as an excuse). I want to learn that more and more, because I know that that's very important to grow in faith too.

Hi Annax, Welcome and God Bless .. Jesus has a plan just for you .. Confess Jesus with your mouth from your heart ..
17 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
It's so wonderful to have you join us at CC and thank you for the honest intro. I noticed that there are people here from (you the Netherlands), Sri Lanka, Canada as well as the USA. We are all a part of the body of Christ. Hope to see you at the forums, God bless you!

3angelsmsg

Mar 1, 2018
Hi all,

Hello Annax

We all were there once, and still on the road to restoration and sanctification. And thereafter the glorification after the return of Jesus.
Look unto Jesus the perfecter of our faith. He is our standard, no human should be our standard to live by. God bless you on your journey.

F

FollowingtheLamb

Welcome sister. I am new as well.
Hi all,