Is a bonfire appriate at a wedding?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

ServantStrike

Seriously. I MAY need to know probably sometime in well.. MAY be I'll tell you guys when.

MAY be.

Modesty trolls, read these next words and weep - this one is so hot, she only wears mascara.

Now I can answer the "how much is approriate to spend on an engagement ring" question from a while back. We haven't gotten the ring yet because while her mother knows, I need to ask her dad in person, although he's already joking about it. That, and we decided it would be more fun to pick the ring together than it would be for me to guess at what she wanted. She likes rubies, and red is my favorite color!

Now the real question here is - is it approrate to work some fire in to the day somehow? I mean, she likes my jokes about arson, so one would have to say yes right?

PS:
Modestry trolls. She was raised in a Mennonite church. You're all very jealous.

Her name starts with A, so she always comes first.

Okay I'm done for now :)

H

Hellooo

uh, when is a bonfire ever inappropriate?

DO IT!

H

Hellooo

P.S. - congrats in advance, servantstrike...God's blessings to both of you.

Apr 15, 2014
it's your wedding, why not?

Apr 15, 2014
Also? I am so happy for you, Servy. I hope too... I hope you are taking your time to get to know her and not rushing into this. I know how excited you are.

Continuing to pray, dear Brother.

T

Tintin

Bonfire's are awesome fun. There's some something special about them and having one for your wedding, even more memorable. Go for it, brother! As long as it's all cool with your special lady. :)

M

MissCris

A bonfire is totally appropriate. Unless you're using it to sacrifice like...well. Anything. Never mind, That was all a lot funnier in my head.

So yeah, bonfire!

And congrats :D

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
You're definitely not the first to have the idea.

BaumanPhotographers0187.jpg

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
I vote you kill two birds with one stone and have a pig roast as your wedding dinner.

That way, a bonfire is not only appropriate, but completely necessary.

And just think... S'mores for dessert. Totally win-win situation here.

(This actually has a story behind it.) I knew a guy who had just been to such a wedding. The bride's family was, how do we say, a bit "country." At the rehearsal "dinner" (the night before the wedding), her family killed and roasted a pig from their own property in preparation for the wedding dinner the next day. My friend then proceeded to describe the bride and her entire family wearing overalls covered in pig's entrails and smoking cigarettes while butchering and smoking the pig... with ashes from THEIR smokes falling everywhere and mixing right into the meat as it was being prepared. Not surprisingly, my friend took care not to take any of the meat or "freshly-prepared" food at the wedding the next day.

Think Patty and Selma on the Simpsons... making dinner. For an entire wedding party and guests.

Where there's fire, there's ashes!!!

As long as you use a tray and don't rely on the ashes for flavoring, it's all good.

*looks up after posting* Well Crud. Oncefallen beat me to the thoughts, even as I was typing this out!

Nov 25, 2014
Okay...here's my recommendation.

There's a longstanding tradition in many churches of burning Christmas trees during Epiphany (January 6th). Epiphany is the celebration of the revelation of Jesus as the Divine Savior---in other words, Arise, shine, for your light has come.

It's actually also the 12th day of Christmas....so a great time to get married.

Family will gather for Christmas...have them stay a week and celebrate your wedding by burning a bunch of Christmas trees and reminding the world about how Jesus is the light of the world.

U

Ugly

Fire. Food. Ancient religious rituals. Sacrifices (sure, it's just your singlehood, but it's fun to throw the word in for effect). How could any of that be inappropriate? I'm there!

U

Ugly

Okay...here's my recommendation.

There's a longstanding tradition in many churches of burning Christmas trees during Epiphany (January 6th). Epiphany is the celebration of the revelation of Jesus as the Divine Savior---in other words, Arise, shine, for your light has come.

It's actually also the 12th day of Christmas....so a great time to get married.

Family will gather for Christmas...have them stay a week and celebrate your wedding by burning a bunch of Christmas trees and reminding the world about how Jesus is the light of the world.
Since he repeatedly stated May for his wedding, i don't think January is going to be an effective time line for him.

Sep 6, 2013
Since he repeatedly stated May for his wedding, i don't think January is going to be an effective time line for him.
Maybe January would work well for someone else, mmmm? ;)

W

wwjd_kilden

*mock stern voice*: It depends

... are we invited?
:p

A bonfire sound cool :D

Congratz!

Nov 25, 2014
Duh! I so missed the obvious clue, didn't I? :p

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
so... when is the wedding? :rolleyes:

S

ServantStrike

Also? I am so happy for you, Servy. I hope too... I hope you are taking your time to get to know her and not rushing into this. I know how excited you are.

Continuing to pray, dear Brother.
Yeah the speed at which things progressed actually confuses me too.

A 9 month engagement isn't that fast though.

Seriously we worked out all of the other details and I've been remarkably surprised. Honestly I kept looking for if there was a catch or, you know, something. I'm mostly confused that God has been so generous when there are others who have not had any such luck.

Maybe January would work well for someone else, mmmm? ;)
Oh snap!